WHATS UP !!!!!!!!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=61226

OMC-D

02-05-2007 16:04:07

Is there a secret to getting people to go green??? I have made three post and have had no reply. I know I offer a competitive scale but I see people who pay less get offers.

Some body explain this to me.

Tholek

02-05-2007 16:09:54

Well, bamboo under the fingernails...

Actually the "Newbie" bit might have something to do with it. It's not all about dollars and cents, but also about risk. Some may go for the lesser offer, provided it came from a veteran trader.

It's something you have to work hard at, but when you've been here longer, more trades might come your way.

OMC-D

02-05-2007 17:04:59

How does that newbie status change I see an assortment of people some with trades in the 40s that have moved to regular or something like that and then I see people with 50 or 60 trades that still have newbie status. Don't quote me on trade amounts but I know you get the picture.

secondjob

02-05-2007 17:12:41

Post more!
50 posts gets you to user status.

Tholek

02-05-2007 17:20:29

Yeah, you could be here a week and have a high TR, but 3 posts, and that will still have an effect sometimes.

I know you're here to trade, but look at the board as a community as well. Participate, develop a reputation as a knowledgeable and helpful person, and people will be more eager to trade with you.

Denise07

02-05-2007 18:08:25

Hang in there. Some days are so, so, so slow and other days, the forum keeps you hoppin. You'll get your greens, and I can definitely say, It's worth the wait when you get your prize.

Margot530

02-05-2007 19:47:26

[quote936cf20141="Tholek"]Yeah, you could be here a week and have a high TR, but 3 posts, and that will still have an effect sometimes.

I know you're here to trade, but look at the board as a community as well. Participate, develop a reputation as a knowledgeable and helpful person, and people will be more eager to trade with you.[/quote936cf20141]

I can certainly attest to what Tho' has said, now that people know me better, and have seen me post help threads and genuinely attempt to help out, I have gotten a lot of response from new people lately. The newbie status, the TR and exposure all play a part in getting people to trust you...it does take some time and work, but it is worth it as Denise said. And there are days that just don't produce a thing, and others where you will get overwhelmed if your not prepared...have fun here, and much success to you!

Margot wink

laurelwm

02-05-2007 19:54:19

You might have more sucess trading site for site for a while, until your TR is up some. Spend some time posting helpful things on the threads (especially "Help!"), and sometimes they will even come to you............

Laurel

moviemadnessman

02-05-2007 22:44:18

I don't know ... Like Margot, people seem to know me as a person who helps new people with their questions and concerns. However, that doesn't mean I see a lot of action on the green front, but more on the help front. Which isn't really bad, but at the same time ... posting isn't everything.

Also, if you are wondering when your status changes, I will post this again[quote9b9e3a157a="moviemadnessman"]Newbie ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 0
User ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 50
Regular ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 100
Freepay Fanboy ~~~~~~~~ 200
Addict ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 500
Super Cheap ~~~~~~~~~ 1000
Wanna-Be Moderator ~~~~ 1500
Has No Friends ~~~~~~~~ 2500[/quote9b9e3a157a]

OMC-D

04-05-2007 03:50:10

Thanks for all advice real helpful.