anyone familiar with one day offers

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=61185

02-05-2007 06:36:10

Is there any one that has done a one day offer, how does these work?

skepticalcynic

02-05-2007 07:04:55

I have done 3 or 4. You are charged a certain amount for a 1-day trial. I'm not sure if it's 24 hours, but I don't think so. I think the following day - 3rd day - is when you start getting charged for your membership. So - Day 1 you sign up, Day 2 your trial ends, Day 3 your full membership begins and you get charged for it.

I'm not totally positive because I haven't gotten my cc statement to see when they charged me, but I'm 99% sure. When in doubt, I just assume 24 hours.

02-05-2007 07:42:35

Thanks, I was needing to do one and not sure how they worked. So it still looks like it gives you time to review the offer at least before they charge you full price.

manOFice

02-05-2007 08:40:40

I'm pretty sure you get charged the full package after 24 hours of sign up.

halido6

02-05-2007 09:46:29

Yes they put a pending charge of like 40$ for 24h. After 24h, that amount is officially on your credit card.

skepticalcynic

02-05-2007 10:14:05

The ones I did never put a pending charge on my card.

secondjob

02-05-2007 16:25:29

I just did one, they charge you for the trial and the membership fee upfront.

Denise07

02-05-2007 18:12:22

I have done two. Both were 24 hour trials and then they charged your cc for the full month membership. They also put a hold on your cc for the full month membership and I was told they cannot manually release that hold. Stays on for 5 - 7 days.

aviendha47

02-05-2007 19:11:34

I did a one day with free bidding and they ended up charging me after 3 days even though I canceled so I'd watch out if you see an offer from them. (

Margot530

03-05-2007 06:26:02

Hi there,

It really does depend on which offer you go for, but 24 hours is usually the amount of time you have to try it or buy it...most will place a hold for the full membership fees, but if using a cc, that will drop off after the trial, or charge if you continue with the offer. When using a debit card, this is a whole other ball game. Since holds can't be placed, it goes through as a charge, so if you choose not to continue with the service, it would take up to 10 business days to credit back. Maybe more or less, but that is the average. I don't have one myself, but their are variables to consider also when using a pre-paid debit card.

There are also regular trial offers that do this ...read the TOS carefully, and if in doubt, call the CS# listed and make sure they understand all info, like "the offer is online, I'm using a debit/cc card."
Make sure your questions are answered completely to your satisfaction, and write down the name and ID# of the rep you spoke with as well as the date and time called...just incase something unexpected happens.

Hope I helped, and have a great day all! D

Margot wink

manOFice

03-05-2007 06:50:14

Wow, I never had the full charge apply to my account until the 24 hours was up...looks like they changed some things

Margot530

03-05-2007 08:06:36

[quote219fbbb919="O4F-Manofice"]Wow, I never had the full charge apply to my account until the 24 hours was up...looks like they changed some things[/quote219fbbb919]

Then you haven't had the pleasure of dealing with the delightful problems it can cause, and your lucky. wink . I've been snagged with it twice, so I double check and re-double check the TOS, and call, if it's not clear.

Had a copy of the terms of service in my hand when I called the second offer that did this to me; when I asked why I was charged the full amount prior to the trial expiration, she told me it was stated clearly in the TOS.
While being very polite (hard to do when upset lol) I asked her to tell me exactly where in the TOS is it stated, she told me, I read exactly what was there. She stated there was nothing she could do, so referred me upstairs to a supervisor. We spoke briefly, and I faxed over the TOS to her, and she credited me, and apologized for the inconvenience, etc..

They have probably updated the info by now, but, maybe they didn't and this will keep happening. Good for them, but bad for us. It's been awhile, and I can't pull the name of the company outta my, uh... memory shock . I'll search my records, and when I find it, I'll edit this so you will know.

Thanks,

Margot D