Paypal Question

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=60995

sun-flower

30-04-2007 06:19:44

Hi,

I recently started paying on green and just have a question. If I have a referral to go on hold and I cannot get any responses from my pm's what can I do. I know I can submit in the scammers forum but my main question is paypal. I have heard you can file a dispute for the payment sent. Has anyone done this? Just wondering how I do this.

Thanks,
sun-flower

A Hart

30-04-2007 06:31:44

On your paypal account page there is a field somewhere to report that. I think all you need is the person's email address or paypal address and you can tie their account up, atleast, with a dispute.

That's what I have heard anyway.
Someone on here, I was reading, had been involved in a dispute with someone they had not dealt with, but since the dispute had been submitted with his info. it tied up his account from making any transactions. So that may be a place to start. Have you pm'd the mod's about it to try and get some action there?

Hope it turns out for you.

sun-flower

30-04-2007 06:43:54

Not yet I just pm'd him late yesterday. Just waiting to see if I get a response.

Thanks,
sun-flower

condra

30-04-2007 12:49:06

just log in to paypal, then click on the details of THAT transaction, then you'll see a link to the resolution center, click on that, then open a dispute. you can also upgrade it to a claim, you'll see the dif. explained there
D

sun-flower

30-04-2007 17:20:46

OK thanks

JennyWren

30-04-2007 17:59:23

Be aware that a dispute might not work. Technically PayPal has a fairly strong case that Freebie Sites are against their Terms and Conditions (so be careful how you word a dispute if you have to go that route).

Margot530

30-04-2007 20:44:15

[quote94344e2a73="sun-flower"]Hi,

I recently started paying on green and just have a question. If I have a referral to go on hold and I cannot get any responses from my pm's what can I do. I know I can submit in the scammers forum but my main question is paypal. I have heard you can file a dispute for the payment sent. Has anyone done this? Just wondering how I do this.

Thanks,
sun-flower[/quote94344e2a73]

It is nearly impossible to have paypal back you on a dispute if you did not click goods and clicked service instead. If you did click goods, then you are more likely to get a claim settled, but yes, be careful how you word it. If you do win the claim, it wont be much after their fees and so on, but it is better than nothing. wink

Always put goods as the reason for the payment if you haven't up till now.

Hope I helped! D

Margot wink

condra

30-04-2007 20:45:43

isn'T that considered fraud thou??

sun-flower

30-04-2007 21:07:08

[quote49e2777e55="condra"]isn'T that considered fraud thou??[/quote49e2777e55]

Same thing I thought. Condra, you posted in another one of my threads where I was asking about what to put there, if you remember. Admin said, don't lie about it. act in good faith and you'll be fine. So yeah, I thought that would be considered as fraud too. Below is that thread I mentioned.

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=60586

sun-flower

condra

30-04-2007 21:09:36

yes i know, that's why i said the same thing here D

anyhow, i am not taking chances...i mean i prefer getting scammed of 20$ than my account being closed...

sun-flower

30-04-2007 21:10:49

[quoteaec5a69b8e]yes i know, that's why i said the same thing here

anyhow, i am not taking chances...i mean i prefer getting scammed of 20$ than my account being closed...[/quoteaec5a69b8e]

me too

Margot530

30-04-2007 22:09:52

Wow, new one on me...I'll have to check that out. Thank you for that.

I've never had a problem though, and have dealt with paypal for 4 years or so now. Know many people who put goods, instead of service, have filled for claims and won.

I do agree that if it would be considered fraud that it wouldn't be worth it. I wonder if the way others have worked around it may be because they are going to receive a "good," after all is said and done?

Anyway, before I say anymore, I'll check out that thread.....

Okay, did check it out, and no where did I read that it is considered fraud. I did see "don't lie about it," and even a suggestion of not putting the words...greens, freebie, free, and so on. Also gmario had his account put on hold because of all the transactions that were going on. He fixed his problem, and others prevent it by getting their limit lifted.

Would be nice to hear from someone who was accused of fraud for clicking goods....

Thanks guys,

Margot D

coolvaughan

30-04-2007 23:01:48

Say you open a dispute, raise it to a claim and the other user does not do anything in the two weeks you win and get at least a little bit of money back even if you click on Services for you reason of payment.

sun-flower

01-05-2007 08:17:02

Hi Margot530,

So do you suggest if you do a paypal dispute to explain all but not include anything about sites, greens, or freebies? How would I explain the description of the trasaction? Sorry, I'm confused now. I had a member of A4F to tell me she puts

" They were performing a service I needed to earn a free gift and because they performed the service fraudulently I was unable to earn the free gift, so I did not receive the service that I paid for."

So is this all I would put in the description of the transaction you think or would I also need to copy and paste the explaination of the hold from the site also. Just kind of wondering what to put exactly and be doing it right.

sun-flower

Margot530

01-05-2007 09:53:19

I'm going to send Sandy over here and have her explain what she did just recently, and what she does now. She is the most recent person I know of that has filed a claim.

Margot D

sandra habina

01-05-2007 10:22:57

Hello sun_flower - nice to meet you. Ok I had to go back and check my paypal to get the info correct. I had a dispute for service against a trader and I stated that he had not refunded the money that he said he would because he did not follow thru on our trade. I even stated that if was for a trade on FIPG. I did not hear back from him, so I escalated it to a claim which I had to wait 20 days for Paypal's decision. I WON.
So I have read many other traders stating that they put goods, so I now put goods, it is not tangible goods but isn't a green a good? I guess it depends on how you word your claim. I did not lie, I even mentioned that it was for a trade that went red on FIPG and I still won. I thought Paypal had deducted fees because the claim/dispute was for $15.00 and I received $2.92 I have since found out that the claim/dispute is closed HOWEVER that is all the money that was in the traders funds and paypal is still going to try to retrieve the remainder for me.

I get confused on this issue also - I have read both ways to claim - service or goods. And I believe you can either win or lose by using either type but it depends mostly on how you word your claim. I do not suggest lying/fraud to you. I do know that you can win by using either service or goods. I hope you never have to find out.

Good luck to you dear. Maybe a moderator could help you best.

And Thankyou Margot for asking for my opinion - I hope it helps.

sun-flower

01-05-2007 10:41:14

[quote0118c112a1="sandra habina"]Hello sun_flower - nice to meet you. Ok I had to go back and check my paypal to get the info correct. I had a dispute for service against a trader and I stated that he had not refunded the money that he said he would because he did not follow thru on our trade. I even stated that if was for a trade on FIPG. I did not hear back from him, so I escalated it to a claim which I had to wait 20 days for Paypal's decision. I WON.
So I have read many other traders stating that they put goods, so I now put goods, it is not tangible goods but isn't a green a good? I guess it depends on how you word your claim. I did not lie, I even mentioned that it was for a trade that went red on FIPG and I still won. I thought Paypal had deducted fees because the claim/dispute was for $15.00 and I received $2.92 I have since found out that the claim/dispute is closed HOWEVER that is all the money that was in the traders funds and paypal is still going to try to retrieve the remainder for me.

I get confused on this issue also - I have read both ways to claim - service or goods. And I believe you can either win or lose by using either type but it depends mostly on how you word your claim. I do not suggest lying/fraud to you. I do know that you can win by using either service or goods. I hope you never have to find out.

Good luck to you dear. Maybe a moderator could help you best.

And Thankyou Margot for asking for my opinion - I hope it helps.[/quote0118c112a1]

Hi sandra,

Nice to meet you too and thanks for your info. Hope I don't have to use it ethier but wanted to know how to do it incase I had to.

Thanks,
sun-flower

gmario

01-05-2007 10:50:29

If your not getting over 4-5k+ a month then you got nothing to worry about, since that was my case i was getting way way way to much, on Feb. I had over 8k made that month and had a few disputes with people who went red, and then i got a call from paypal regarding that dispute and then they asked why i was sending little payments and receiving large sums, i tried to explain but did not know how lol, and in the end they send me a very very nice goodbye letter. oops

coolvaughan

01-05-2007 10:52:54

If the other person never responds to your claim you win no matter what you say or put on PayPal.

gmario

01-05-2007 10:56:40

yea, like i said before they only look deeper if you have alot of claims open, and if your getting a lot of payments sent.

PS. with you sun-flower i wouldn't worry about it.

Margot530

01-05-2007 11:40:35

Thank you so much Sandy for coming over and taking your time to give your experience with paypal info D

It is possible that the people that are truly having so much difficulty with paypal that I have seen, could fall into the higher amount category as Gmario pointed out...it is very easy to lift your limit though, and that would help out a lot. I did it by getting their debit card, as didn't want to give out my ss# and those are the two options that I was offered, but approved in 5 mins, and now have no limits at all.

Margot wink