A Newbie Pitfall (a must read rule of thumb)

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=60944

Margot530

29-04-2007 16:12:53

For those of you that are new to this, please keep this in mind at all times!!!!

The higher the pay being offered for you to green on a site, the more difficult the site is, and more costly for you to complete. Exception Sometimes a person will offer a higher price than normal for an easy site, so they can get it done asap.

I've seen it happen to so many new people...they see a high dollar offer with this and that bonus, either in the trading post, or via PM, and jump on it because it seems like easy cash. They find out very quickly that they got in over their head, get very discouraged, may or may not complete the site and never come back.

We don't want that, we want you to stick around and benefit from this the way we have. wink

If you are new, stick to easy sites that pay less, but you will build your TR and make money; while gaining experience, and getting a good feel for the freebie scene. Also, try to be open to being paid on approval until you have some TR or are at the very least, currently working with an established trader, who can vouch for you. It takes a bit of time for you to trust this process, and it also takes some TR under your belt for others to trust you. D

I truly hope this helps!

Margot D

russgardner

29-04-2007 16:41:46

Great Advice...Thanks !

tinkerjenn

29-04-2007 16:44:25

Well said, Margot! +KMA!

sandra habina

29-04-2007 16:50:16

Yes very good advice Margot. I agree, we need the new traders to stick around - after all with out them- it would be much harder to finish any sites. Always ask questions of the traders about the site, how many credits you need to get, and you can always check the offers before agreeing to do that trade with that person. Ask questions - we all learn that way!!

Good luck to all.

valchat

29-04-2007 23:38:09

Thank you for the great advice. Being new, it's helpful to get this kind of information. )

One of the things I have begun to do in my short time here is ask those I'm trading with anything about the site we're negotiating that I can't find out through my own research. In reference to what Margot530 wrote, I would think it would be OK to ask about why the payout is so high. If the trader doesn't want to trade with you because you're asking questions, there are others out there that will help you understand this process and offer to help you through it.

I would like to add that it is important to keep the lines of communication open between you and the person you're trading with. You should let them know what's going on and what your progress is, and if you have questions, ask--it's the best way to learn.

Denise07

30-04-2007 14:03:59

[quoteadb689d97f="valchat"]Thank you for the great advice. Being new, it's helpful to get this kind of information. )

One of the things I have begun to do in my short time here is ask those I'm trading with anything about the site we're negotiating that I can't find out through my own research. In reference to what Margot530 wrote, I would think it would be OK to ask about why the payout is so high. If the trader doesn't want to trade with you because you're asking questions, there are others out there that will help you understand this process and offer to help you through it.

I would like to add that it is important to keep the lines of communication open between you and the person you're trading with. You should let them know what's going on and what your progress is, and if you have questions, ask--it's the best way to learn.[/quoteadb689d97f]

I wish more people believed in the communication part. It is so frustruating to set up trade with someone, and then wait and wonder if and when they will finish trade.

Margot530

30-04-2007 16:05:02

LOL, I know what you mean Denise!

Have about 12 just sitting there being bumps on a log...not ever sure why they asked for a trade if all they do is sign up, and don't attempt to green or let you know they are unable...makes no sense. I believe you should communicate with your trade partner as reasonably often as possible (both ways).

I bet you have more sitting there then I do though! lol You're much more active than I am. wink

Margot 8)

Denise07

01-05-2007 09:30:30

I actually have 15, so not much more than you. I agree, the communication has to go both ways. It's just a shame when I feel like I am talking to a brick wall.

Margot530

03-05-2007 11:26:20

Well, I think that that is just exactly what you are doing, when they don't open their PM's. roll

And good point about asking why the pay is so high, valchat....but if you have an experienced trader that can sell ice to an Eskimo, then you are likely going to fall for it.

Another thing for new people to avoid.....1/100, 2/8, 1/20 types of crediting sites.....talk about an offer burner! Especially when you can get 1/2 credit on those same offers on other sites. shock

Margot D

Margot530

16-05-2007 15:17:35

[quotefd1d111f61="sandra habina"]Yes very good advice Margot. I agree, we need the new traders to stick around - after all with out them- it would be much harder to finish any sites. Always ask questions of the traders about the site, how many credits you need to get, and you can always check the offers before agreeing to do that trade with that person. Ask questions - we all learn that way!!

Good luck to all.[/quotefd1d111f61]

How true Sandy!

It's a shame that so many new people get scared off. And communication is the key to a successful trade. All it took for me was to get the courage to pm a trader who seemed helpful, and ended up contacting the right person D Once that first trade was done, I was sold. This really works if you educate yourself, ask ask and ask some more if you don't understand.

What an awesome site this is! And I hope that all you new folks will just try it once, and see how real it is wink

Thanks again for all your input everyone, and happy trading!

Margot wink