Why clear Cookies??

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=60818

pcy628

27-04-2007 19:15:51

Does anyone know WHY I have to clear cookies before I start an Offer

cubbieco

27-04-2007 21:47:21

Cookies are used to track what you do on various web sites. The problem is that some affiliates use the same cookie to track you. So you do offer A, you have a valid cookie for offer A then things go fine. Then you turn around and do offer B but the cookie for offer A is read and then you don't get credit for offer B. If you clear your cookies between offers then cookie B should be read by offer B.

You should also set your browser to accept all cookies (privacy settings) including tracking cookies (since you want to be tracked for this).

sandra habina

11-05-2007 12:04:27

good information and I am bumping because so many keep asking.

Rewman

11-05-2007 22:25:15

Nice job on the summary Cubbieco, couldn't have done it better myself. +Kma

gmario

11-05-2007 22:41:17

[quote9ada576c53="cubbieco"]Cookies are used to track what you do on various web sites. The problem is that some affiliates use the same cookie to track you. So you do offer A, you have a valid cookie for offer A then things go fine. Then you turn around and do offer B but the cookie for offer A is read and then you don't get credit for offer B. If you clear your cookies between offers then cookie B should be read by offer B.

You should also set your browser to accept all cookies (privacy settings) including tracking cookies (since you want to be tracked for this).[/quote9ada576c53]

Very nicely said 8)