How Did Ya'll Do It?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=60408

brandonlion

23-04-2007 00:10:11

Hey I am pretty new to all this. I understand the concepts, I understand what I am doing, I just wanted to get some success stories I guess? I think it would really help to hear about how other people have been pretty successful doing this, and how they were able to get those big prizes.

Is there tips? Tricks? Because I am really starting to get frustrated. I have a +10 TR at Free Lunch Room but their rules about talking to new members are sometimes ridiculous and I can't get ANYONE to do an offer for me or be my referral, sometimes it is ridiculous. I see other people getting these referrals, offering just as much as I am for my offers, and I am just wondering why people choose THEM over me? It gets really frustrating and confusing, I have made a little bit of money but I would love to have this be a feasable supplemented income.

Can anyone help me out?

Sincerely,

Frustrated in the Forum.

x323smostwantedx

23-04-2007 00:17:07

Hi, umm most likely people choose people that have higher TR's, and people who they think they can trust. Also be friendly and helpful, that always help. But I dont trade much, so I cant help much on that section. Welcome to FiPG, have fun.

moviemadnessman

23-04-2007 00:23:27

I know this has been talked about in a few other topic threads, but I couldn't find them. Basically, to reiterate what x323smostwantedx said, be civil and create a name for yourself here. Go green for people initially to build up your TR, then just hope that your TR is high enough that you get people to trade with you.

It is slow and hard at times, but that's just like the real business world. Except maybe that new people come here thinking they are going to make tons of money with little work, which isn't quite the case. Just start out slow, with traders who have a good TR and good personality, and let your experiences go from there.

brandonlion

23-04-2007 00:28:09

Yeah I am hoping this forum will be better than Free Lunch Room, I love the place but I just seem to have hit a wall there!

tylerc

23-04-2007 04:14:16

There are many (see countless) threads on how to do this, try searching to see what people have said in the past.

mpj31

23-04-2007 06:13:15

Heh I kinda forgot what this forum is for...

Tholek

23-04-2007 06:34:22

Yeah, it's kinda like accidentally peeing in the closet when you're drunk.

csullivan1@rochester.rr.c

23-04-2007 20:46:38

[quote60da6679bc="Tholek"]Yeah, it's kinda like accidentally peeing in the closet when you're drunk.[/quote60da6679bc]

+Karma for that one

As far as finding referrals, I've found that a lot of established traders are willing to trade site for site. Not many people willing to take paypal for referrals anymore, except the newbies who are trying to build TR. That's why I think FLR shut the door on flooding the newbies with offers. I wouldn't consider my story a success story. I started doing this in Jan 07 and have been paid $700+ for three weeks in a row. Now I feel like I'm stuck too = )....but be persistant, have patience, be willing to help new people figure out what the heck they are doing, and just stay at it. There's some grean people here and we are all here for one reason....to make some money. I'm hoping that everyone will eventually realize that their greed isn't doing any good. These people who have 4TR and aren't doing greens for paypal anymore...that's purely greed. They are only going after the larger payouts that you get from getting your referrals on the sites. To me, that's silly......at least trade site for site if you aren't doing sites for paypal and you only have 10TR or less.

The short of it, keep your options open.....even if you think you are out of offers available to do, ask for an offer list and be sure. Build your rep and your TR and you'll do just fine = )

Denise07

26-04-2007 21:23:54

My story is not a big success story. I did 20 or more trades before I even began trying to get referrals. I have made a decent amount of money. It is very slow at times, you have to have patience. Be kind, helpful. I definitely recommend building TR before you get into the heavy payouts. Learned alot just doing referrals for people

ldybug1752

26-04-2007 23:41:04

[quote5449dec49a="Denise07"]My story is not a big success story. I did 20 or more trades before I even began trying to get referrals. I have made a decent amount of money. It is very slow at times, you have to have patience. Be kind, helpful. I definitely recommend building TR before you get into the heavy payouts. Learned alot just doing referrals for people[/quote5449dec49a]

I agree 100% with every word you just said ) I did the same thing, definitely learned a lot from being a referral, and I'm still learning the tricks of the trade, but getting better at accquiring referrals everyday! Patience is so necessary here..and it's worth it )

Big War Bird

27-04-2007 03:55:46

Read my guide to making money here. I wouldn't call myself a huge success, but my guide is a sound strategy.

gmario

27-04-2007 12:14:34

I say great success for me, after i realized everyone was coping me, there was a users who took me post and copied it word for word and posted it as his ( that shows me right there that people sure do wish they were like me D plus i started posting thing and next few days users had them too lol thats how i know i'm a success lol

alan4561

07-05-2007 21:19:40

Just as the others have said have patience. I know where you are coming from. Right at the moment I am building my TR by doing greens for paypal or greens for greens. Also I am building my reputation here as a helpful person to newbies by replying to different threads here in this forum. It will take time, but it is well worth it.

Other than that, welcome to FIPG!

dependable

08-05-2007 03:47:08

i think the most frustrating of all is the newbies i have seen come in here in the past couple of days (i started may 2nd lol) are posting to the trading post for the highest bidder... that doesnt sound like a newbie to me lol i just decided yesterday to attempt finishing one site to get the feel for setting up a trade paying through my paypal and following the process through to the end but i dont see that happening anytime soon if the referrals are going out to the highest bidder?? -( its a little discouraging (i am a true newbie to this process) but i will tell you one thing the ppl i have met here and the advice and tips i have gotten make it all worth it.....I am not giving up!! lol