Newbies DON'T agree to time limits ...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=60390

GoingDiamond

22-04-2007 19:20:21

If you have done less than 20-30 trades I would like to recommend that you DO NOT agree to do a trade in 24/48/72 hour. Everything was going good for me I had about 8 trades completed, everything seemed pretty easy. I would set up a trade and green in the same hour. I was approached with the request of a 24 hour time line. I agreed No problem. Around that time I began having problems getting greens on the sites.
When I began I would get credits instantly then I began having problems getting the credit to go thru. I knew I had agreed to the 24 time limit and I wanted to get paid, so I tried completing another offer on the site to see if it would go thru, nope didn't work, so I completed another and that one did not go thru either. It didn't take long before I began searching for an answer to my problem, I knew it had to be me or my computer causing the problem. Everyone I was working with was really patient except one person who I will not name. I put in for a lot of manual credit requests, some TO SOON. I came in-contact with a wonderful person named margot530 who helped me fix the problems with my computer thru 'PM' & 'IM', 3-4 HOURS later the problem was fixed. I explained everything to the people I was trading with, all understood except the person who gave me the time limit. This person was rather annoyed by a situation that was out of my control. This person DID NOT pay me for the sites I completed. They said they did not want to wait for the manual credits to go thru and this is why they gave me the time limit. I am some what upset about this even thought I agreed to the time limit because of the situation that came about. I think what bothers me the most is the fact that this person did not tell me they were not going to pay me, instead they just requested a trade deletion. Anyhow, I am not here to bash anyone, it was unfortunate, life goes on. I just want everyone to be aware that things do happen and to be careful, I have included two very, very helpful links that I feel are a must read for everyone.

A Possible Reason You Are Not Getting Credits
http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=59132&highlight=

Big War Bird's Newbie Guide to Making Money
http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=57402

MovinForward

23-04-2007 11:47:18

That really stinks that the person would not pay you. As long as you greened before he/she submitted his/her site for approval, you should have been paid. Time limits should never be considered a limit in which to green, that is ridiculous because we cannot control the greening of the credits to a 100% degree. I always put a 24 time limit on my sites, but that time limit means you must sign up and complete your offers within 24 hours or I have the right to replace you. It does not mean that you must sign up, complete the offers and have those offers GO GREEN, it's absolutely asinine that anyone would expect that of you. Should someone impose a time limit, just ask if that include or excludes the green part of the deal and it should ALWAYS exclude it.

tinkerjenn

23-04-2007 11:52:57

Margot is awesome )

csullivan1@rochester.rr.c

23-04-2007 16:23:25

Wow I'm real sorry to hear that. I wish you would name the person because it sounds to me like it's an experienced trader who is just taking advantage, knowing full well that green times can never be guaranteed. Nope, I would never agree to a trade that mandated that I green within 24 hrs....and even if I did.....once I did the first offer that didn't green, the person I'm trading with would have to reimburse me for any additional offers that I needed to do in order to get a green.....because it's not right for them to ask you to do another offer rather than them wait to see if you will receive manual credit. But I do agree, with all of the above...I'm sorry you went through that and hopefully this person isn't taking advantage of any other new traders out there. The more newbies we scare away by being jackasses and taking advantage of them, the less there are available to do greens for us............

MovinForward

23-04-2007 16:29:27

Very well put!

Big War Bird

23-04-2007 16:38:34

I agre that new traders should avoid time limited trades. However after experimenting putting a time limit on my trades I have come to the conclusion that time limits do have their place. If you agree to a trade with a time limit make sure that the pot has been sweetened

I offered $50 for a TraInn site with the provision that green had to be earned within 48 hrs. I made very sure that the trader that took me up on the offer understood thta was the deal. It wound up that the first offer he did failed to credit so he did a second that did.

Margot530

23-04-2007 17:48:26

Thanks goingdiamond and tinkerjenn, Nice of you to say that...and was very happy to help you. D

I hate hearing that you went through all of this now!

I'm just guessing here, but you agreed to the deletion of the trade?

If it was confirmed and he did not specify that he would not pay if you didn't green in a certain amount of time, then he owes you once you green. I'm not even entirely certain that it is an acceptable practice to do a trade in that manner. I know that you can trade anyway you want essentially; as long as both parties agree, and fulfill the terms. But his terms, according to you did not state you would not be paid...that is the key.

You may have recourse if your agreeing to deleting the trade doesn't nullify the whole thing....I'd check into this, and see if a mod might not research this for you. If nothing else, he, should be made to refund you the cost of the offers.

I wholeheartedly agree with what has been said about it scaring people off...the new people are so leary as it is without having a person like him treat them that way. I also agree that time limits have there place...if someone doesn't sign up or attempt to complete a trade within a certain amount of time, and fails to contact you after attempting to find out what's up, then you bet, delete the trade.

Anyone else think she may have recourse?

Thanks,

Margot

GoingDiamond

23-04-2007 18:23:31

Everyone is so helpful here D with that being said let me answer a few questions i have seen above.
First this is the explanition i recieved and the last PM also

this is what i wrote to them
[i8e309cf96f]I had to put in for a manual credit request, I know it's frustrating. I did finish them before the 24 hours was up; however the credits were not going green so i did some more and those were not going green either. I finally decide something was wrong because this happened to about 6 other sites I was doing at the same time. I searched the forum and got in contact with someone who has helped me out tremendously. She and I have just spent 5 hours finding and deleting hidden cookies, adware all that junk. I am keeping an eye on your sites and I have put in for manual credit requests. Right now as far as i know that's all I can do. I will let you know as soon as something changes.
Kim [/i8e309cf96f]

this is what they wrote back
[i8e309cf96f]I don't mind waiting a couple days I guess, but the deal is 24hrs for a green, not you do the offers in 24 hrs. I know it is frustrating when you do not get credited, and I am glad you fixed it up. The reason I set it for 24 hrs for green is that this is the last ref I need, and I did not want to wait for a manual request. How long do you think you can get it done in?[/i8e309cf96f][/color8e309cf96f]

I did not agree to the trade being deleted. I have not really done anything yet. I was kind of hoping you all could give me some advice, which you have. I am really skeptical about posting their name because they have a tr of 46 or something like that and i don't want to tarnish anyones name if not needed. I will try to send them a PM and see what is said. I'll keep you all posted. thanks for the help

laurelwm

23-04-2007 19:20:33

The most important question in this case is - What does the subject of the Trade details in the Trading Module say??

If it actually says "$$ for green on XX.XX within 24 hours" or something of the sort, they really do not have to pay you, as that was what you agreed to.

If it just says "$$ for green on xx.xx" and the 24 hour limit was specified in a PM or other communication, then they will owe you when you green.

This is why it is so VERY important that the details are spelled out in the Trade Details.

And, no, I would not recommend EVER agreeing to a 24/48/72 hour limit unless you are willing to do as many offers as it takes to find ones that will green right away. It's too hard to be positive it will go through.

laurel

23-04-2007 20:30:23

As far as time limits having their place, I totally agree with that, but instead of using a method that is one-sided, meaning not at all fair to a new person just because of your impatience, I have implemented a $5 instant green bonus (green in less than 24 hrs of trade initiation) in my trading. Being fair to all, if a person completes the offer and is submitting for manual credit within the 24 hrs, AND is keeping in touch with me, I will obviously pay them the $5. I just do this for two reasons First, it is incentive for my referral to get done quick and second, if I end up having to find another referral because I'm impatient (which is usually the case) and that person goes green in three months, I save myself $5. I'm sorry, but a deal is a deal, and if a person is keeping in touch and updating you with what is going on, you can't just delete a trade because they aren't going fast enough for you. If you are impatient, that's your problem, and you traders that are established here with 40,50,300 TR that are taking advantage of the newbies should really take a step back and see the damage you are doing in the long run. For every trader you chase off with your greed and impatience, that's countless greens we are losing out on, since each trader can do each site one time......think about it!!!

sugartaspice

23-04-2007 21:17:43

Hi, I set up the trade and clearly stated that I needed the green in 24 hrs, in the trading module I stated it also. These were two sites that were the last greens that I need. I set up the trade about 6-7 days ago, I am usually willing to extend the time, but up to like 3 or 4 days. THis user has still not gone green for me, and I have already been approved for one of the sites, and I found someone else to do the other site since it was the last green I needed. When you say I didn't pay you for the sites you completed I am not sure what you are reffering to, you have not gone green on either site. I understand that if I did not set a time limit I would have to wait as long as it takes for it to go through, or cash out and still pay them, but that is why I set the time limit, it was the last green I needed, and I did not want to wait that long. In the trading module it says "$15 for thepaidclub in 24hrs". I will pay you for the other trade, paypirate once you go green, as I have not cashed out yet, but I am going to soon. However, since it is a site where you can cash out several times. I did not mean to try to "trick" a newbie, if anybody else wanted to set up a trade with me I would have taken the same action. I was just sticking to the agreements of our trade. Also thanks GoingDiamond for withholding my name and letting me speak for myself

sugartaspice

23-04-2007 21:45:28

Also when I made the offer I included that the trade must be done in 24 hrs, When I sent a follow up message saying that I set up the trade, I mentioned again that the trade must be done in 24hrs, and in the trading module I put that the trade must be done in 24hrs. Maybe from now on I will further explain what this means, maybe I wrongly assumed that people would know. And I even put in my posts that the trade must be done in 24 hrs. It is not like I was hiding it. I understand that I some people do not like trades within a time limit, and I know I get less trades because of it, but those are the terms I go by. I have had many people finish 2-3 days late, and I did not even say anything, but putting the 24 hrs limit means that I reserve the right to cancel the trade if I cash out and you have gone over the limit. I would never however get money for the person's green when I cash out and not pay them, as long as I still need a green I will usually wait over the 24hr period if they contact me. I no longer needed greens on these sites, and that is why I requested deletion.

Tholek

24-04-2007 03:06:15

Personally, I don't care for time limits. The only truly justified reason I can think of for desiring one would be that your are nearing the deadline on a a time limited site (Freepay etc) and will lose it all if you don't complete quickly. Beyond that, most that I can think of are reasons that shouldn't come into play, like getting the rent money on time. If it's something like that, trust me, referral sites aren't the solution.

However, I feel one is bound by the terms they agree to. That makes understanding and reading the fine print crucial. There are many pitfalls in trading, and for those who do it regularly, you WILL experience one at some point. It's just the odds. We try to help when we can, but it's ultimately an agreement between two parties.

I do feel one has the right to set terms that allow the possibility that they can be met. Time limits can met met sometimes, and sometimes they can't. It's almost gambling in a way, since you're relying on an offer to complete at a certain time, then communicate that to the network, and then for the network to credit the member account. For me, that's too much, but it can happen quickly. It depends on the network.

I know to some "high rollers" it may sound insane, but taking it slowly is best, especially for n00bs. When faced with two trade offers, the one with a slightly less payout, yet less pressure, is sometimes the better choice.

Margot530

24-04-2007 03:28:16

Hi Sugartaspice,

And we all thought it was a guy...lol.

I understand what you are saying, and understand your reasoning. My concern is that nowhere was it specified "if not green in 24 hours I reserve the right to cancel the trade." or something very simular. I think she knew you needed the green quickly, but I'm not so sure she believed she would not get paid at all.

If it isn't a policy now to state this clearly, it should be, as for new people, can be misleading...I'm still learning, as many of us are. Have a dear friend here that has a TR close to 300 and I'm teaching her some things. So would really like to know what the current "absolute" policy is on this. I'd hate to have it happen to me or anyone else that isn't completely sure what those terms mean.

Very nice of you to respond sts ) It's always great to hear the other side, with a kind explanation instead of a shrieking WTF attitude. Thank you for that!

Margot 8)

laurelwm

24-04-2007 04:22:20

[quotea075e65d51="sugartaspice"]
In the trading module it says "$15 for thepaidclub in 24hrs".
[/quotea075e65d51]

This is still unclear (to me anyway) and, I think, leaves a big gray area. On the occasion that I use a timelimit (which is rare), I would have put

"$15 for a green on thepaidclub, must be green within 24 hours or I may cancel"

or something to that effect. I think alot of people don't put in enough detail, or are under the impression that the subject has to be short - it does not. I have a trade listed right now that says

"$18 PayPal for ipods.123.StuffForFree green, $3 bonus if green in 48 hours. Must be yellow in 24 hours and green in 30 days or I may cancel if I choose."

and there is plenty of space for that.

So my suggestion - lots and lots of details in your Trade Subject, for clarity's sake and for your protection should a question arise. I'm not supporting either side, in this case - I just wanted to make this suggestion.

Laurel

gator1002

24-04-2007 04:57:01

I have used a 72 hour time limit many times. This was mainly to sort of light a fire so my trade partner would understand that I needed it done as fast as possible. Never have I not paid somone who had to put in for a manule request. I just paid a user on a 72 hour limit trade that I cashed out a month ago and they just greened. I didnt want to wait but they stayed in contact and did everything in thier power to green. I cant punish someone who is willing to do that. And besides even paying an extra referal I still made a profit.

sugartaspice

24-04-2007 07:21:05

Well I found out that thepaidclub doesn't send paypal until the 15th-20th of each month, and I asked if I get another refferal between that time if I could add it to my order, and I got the ok. So as long as GoingDiamond is green before 15th I will pay. And Paypirate I guess I can place another order after I cash out, although I think you get less money when you have less refferals. So I guess this issue is resolved.

And laurelwm I like your suggestion of putting more info in the trading module, I will definetly try that. I did put in caps lock TRADE MUST BE DONE IN 24 hrs. in my email when I set up trade, but I guess I need to add I have the right to cancel if it is not done in 24hrs. Hey I am still pretty new too, still have some stuff to learn wink

Margot530

24-04-2007 12:07:27

Nicely said everyone, and thanks sugartaspice!

I'm glad this can be taken care of in such a great way! Goingdiamond is a sweetie, and she will be happy to hear all of this.

You all have been very helpful, and it might be a good idea to get something out there that covers this subject and gives everyone the opportunity to cover there butts more effectively.

Everyone knows I'm windy enough to do it....LMAO

Thanks so much again all of you!

Margot 8)

GoingDiamond

24-04-2007 17:16:41

Margot I'm also glad that this can be taken care of in such a great way! You were correct when you said
[quote6fdc57bd93]I think she knew you needed the green quickly, but I'm not so sure she believed she would not get paid at all.[/quote6fdc57bd93]
I think this is what really bothered me. I have not been on here for long and when i do get a trade i try my hardest to complete them in 48 hours. I have learned a lot from this as i'm sure we all have.

[quote6fdc57bd93="sugartaspice"]Well I found out that thepaidclub doesn't send paypal until the 15th-20th of each month, and I asked if I get another refferal between that time if I could add it to my order, and I got the ok. So as long as GoingDiamond is green before 15th I will pay. And Paypirate I guess I can place another order after I cash out, although I think you get less money when you have less refferals. So I guess this issue is resolved.[/quote6fdc57bd93]

Sugartaspice I can agree to that, I know we just had a HUGE misunderstanding. I'm glad all this got sorted out.
Thank you to everyone who posted here.
)

sugartaspice

24-04-2007 17:38:13

I will be looking for your greens ;)

sandra habina

25-04-2007 01:02:22

Wow this post shared alot of information for all of us. It also shows how reasonable people can solve issues in a constructive manner. Margot you are fantastic to lend support to a new friend, as you do to "older" friends. This was a post that many of us have learned something. Laurel, thankyou - I did not realize that you could fit that much in the trade subject.

So glad everything will work out great for you GoingDiamond and sugartaspice. Congrats all !!

25-04-2007 08:09:21

AWESOME THREAD!!! Isn't it amazing what can be accomplished if we can all just be civil = )....tons of great info here....nice to see all the different ways people trade. I've learned here that sometimes I'm not "clear" enough in my trading details (thanks laurel for pointing out how much space there really is in there).....best of luck to all of you and HAPPY TRADING!!!

gator1002

25-04-2007 08:54:07

Just shows what a great forum and great traders we have here.

topbillin1

25-04-2007 10:52:35

Time limits is short for scammer talk, anyone knows that greens take time, only a scammer would try someone with that garbage.

sugartaspice

25-04-2007 15:10:07

Ummm ok, so I scam people? yet look at my TR...looks like I have paid quite a few people.

GoingDiamond

25-04-2007 20:48:44

[quote69b4c1bf6e="topbillin1"]Time limits is short for scammer talk, anyone knows that greens take time, only a scammer would try someone with that garbage.[/quote69b4c1bf6e]
I don't think that remark is very nice topbillin1, if you read the WHOLE post it's pretty easy to tell that sugartaspice and I obviously had a mis-communication. One that we were able to work out, may I add. I know in the world we live in it's easy to critize others and if we let our guard down unfortuantly there are people out there who WILL take advantage of us. As you can read that's not the case here exspecially with a TR of 70+.
You made that comment like you were scammed before and it's very unfortunate if you were. I know how it feels as a year ago I was scammed out of over a thousand dollars. So if you were I'm sorry; however, a comment like that is really not called for here. I'm sure we all would love to here you views on this subject but just try to refrain from directing them toward the wrong people, like us. we are all here to help each other out. I'm sure you didn't want to offend anyone here but I know from sugartaspice's comment that she WAS offended and maybe an apologize is warranted here. With that being said I'm going on vacation I'll catch everyone next week. 8)
Diamond

gator1002

26-04-2007 14:00:08

have a good time on vacation Dimond. We will all miss you while you are gone.

Denise07

26-04-2007 14:28:26

I think it is common courtesy that when you agree to trade with someone that you get that trade done in a timely manner. I have never had someone put a time limit on me, therefore I have never put a time limit on any of my traders. I do believe, however, when you agree to do a trade, you do it as quickly as possible. I also believe that if you realize you are not going to be able to complete the trade, contact your trade partner and let them know what is going on. I would rather delete a trade, then spend useless hours contacting the person over and over again and never get a response.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth

gator1002

26-04-2007 14:57:21

Its worth alot Denise07 I really hate when somone conf. a trade then wanders off. I still have to wait the required 14 days to delete the trade when I could have finished that day.

Offer4All

26-04-2007 18:38:21

Unfortunately, new members will continue to fall for those time limit trades. I think the forum admins should fo something about it.

sandra habina

27-04-2007 06:18:32

I have put a time limit on a couple of trades but that was after I had already waited 4-6 weeks for credit approval. I even offered more money if they would do another offer to green. I have been very patient but I am not quite sure how long are we supposed to wait for a manual credit. I know they usually take 1-3 weeks but 6 weeks is a bit much. When you are paying on green and it comes out of your pocket and then you have to wait 6-8 weeks to get your prize paypal - that is really rough. I wish we could put a time limit on the manual credit request. LOL That would be nice huh?

Margot530

27-04-2007 08:46:18

Yes, Sandy it really would be nice! But that part is out of our control, unfortunately. I've waited about two months for a manual, still have the product, and no credit...just went ahead and completed another offer, which is a waste, but got the job done )

I think I will try and get something concise out there for new and established traders regarding all of this...it might be helpful.

Margot wink

topbillin1

27-04-2007 11:00:08

[quotea02065f145="GoingDiamond"][quotea02065f145="topbillin1"]Time limits is short for scammer talk, anyone knows that greens take time, only a scammer would try someone with that garbage.[/quotea02065f145]
I don't think that remark is very nice topbillin1, if you read the WHOLE post it's pretty easy to tell that sugartaspice and I obviously had a mis-communication. One that we were able to work out, may I add. I know in the world we live in it's easy to criticize others and if we let our guard down unfortunately there are people out there who WILL take advantage of us. As you can read that's not the case here especially with a TR of 70+.
You made that comment like you were scammed before and it's very unfortunate if you were. I know how it feels as a year ago I was scammed out of over a thousand dollars. So if you were I'm sorry; however, a comment like that is really not called for here. I'm sure we all would love to here you views on this subject but just try to refrain from directing them toward the wrong people, like us. we are all here to help each other out. I'm sure you didn't want to offend anyone here but I know from sugartaspice's comment that she WAS offended and maybe an apologize is warranted here. With that being said I'm going on vacation I'll catch everyone next week. 8)
Diamond[/quotea02065f145]

Nope, sorry but I stand by my words, I have nothing to take back...

Once you understand the system (crediting) you'll see that it takes time. Timit limit trades are a easy way to get free greens and that's mostly what scammers and dishonest people do to get a gift. Doing offers are pretty hit and miss, if you do a 2 offer site for full credit, 1 can be instantly greened and the other might take 2 months to go green.

I don't want to offend the newbies but that system isn't right, it's outright scamming if you ask me. I know alot about this stuff since I've been doing it now for close to 3 years, I started freebies on sites that went out of business for close to 2 years now....

24/48/72 hours greens are pathetic, I stand by that... I've seen people fall for that and not get paid because the person refused to pay after the time limit was up, it's a tool for dishonest scammers to me and that's pretty obvious...

I don't fall for that newbie mistake either, understanding freebies isn't rocket science, you don't need to buy a guide or purchase any materials either... It's a simple process....

1. Do a offer
2. Wait for it to credit
3. refer x amount of people
4. Or get paid for that offer....

Most site owners will help you either by email or aim, it's a pretty simple process.... Like I said before, it's a tool for scammers to get easy money and free greens while your battling with a company over your refund that they refuse to give back.

The problem lies with these over hyper traders who want their free gift by tomorrow or the next day, freebies take time and patience and the majority of people that trade have none, don't make them scam you because they refuse to wait, tell them to get a job if they want it that bad.

Can you imagine a time limit trade on V-bux.com? The owners will love you for that, I'm sure they make a crap load of money as is when people complete, imagine when they give up? LOL.....

People just don't like to read too much anymore, when you type in www.freeipodguide.com, what's the paragraph in the center of the page about?

No offense but I stand by my words.... don't mean to offend you but ya, there is no reason for time limit trades.... I don't even answer people when they tell me 48 hours to green..... they need a quick green on www.monster.com if that's the case.

sugartaspice

27-04-2007 15:47:00

I would never cash out and use a "free green." In past trades when people went over the time limit and communticated well I paid them anyways, the only reason I wanted to cancel this trade was because the time limit was exceeded AND I wanted to cash out. If I still had more refferals that I needed I wouldn't have had a problem waiting longer.

Margot530

27-04-2007 16:14:11

Everyone is intitled to their opinion; but if you are going to disrespect someone in a rude manner, well, that just isn't called for, and it's not appropriate. If I'm not mistaken, you were simply asked to recognize that sugartaspice was not trying to scam anyone...

Don't let it get to you STS, we all saw the way it was handled, and it was a great thread, and 99% were professional and curtious. wink

Margot D

gator1002

27-04-2007 17:40:02

Margot I just noticed you are from the oldest town in Texas. Nacogdoches, TX I used to be a nanager for the temkil corp. there,

Margot530

30-04-2007 08:46:19

[quote728eadb38c="gator1002"]Margot I just noticed you are from the oldest town in Texas. Nacogdoches, TX I used to be a nanager for the temkil corp. there,[/quote728eadb38c]

Hey Gator1002!

That's pretty dang cool! We have more in common, then trying to help others... D

I've only been here 8 months; moved from N Cali shock Don't ask...LMAO

Margot wink

gator1002

30-04-2007 08:56:51

lol Its a nice town I really did like all the brick streets. kind of goes with the old theme

Margot530

30-04-2007 11:20:28

How funny, that's one of my favorite things about Nagy also!

So much I haven't seen here yet. Really love the Huntington, Zavala area, kind of a country girl at heart and having the SRR close by is great for a fishing junkie like me wink

Margot D

alan4561

04-05-2007 09:12:07

This thread is a good example of what people can accomplish when they communicate. Both parties explained their position, and an accord was reached. Though it was a time limit that was at the core of the problem, it was not the problem in and of itself; it was miscommunication, and it was resolved equably. Sadly, that accomplishment was overshadowed by a person who cannot see that they insulted people That is you, topbillin1.

You do not believe in time limits. That is totally up to you. There are many people who do not use time limits. That is their choice. You, as well as they, can make your trades as you see fit. But that opinion does not give you the right to malign others. That scammers use time limits to get their free stuff and stiff you in the process is a serious issue. Your statement, however, indicts EVERYONE who uses time limits a scammer. To quote "only a scammer would try someone with that garbage." Since you wrote it in this thread, it is here that you either amend that statement, or to apologize to sugartaspice, specifically, and all those honest people who use time limits correctly, generally. Not everyone who uses, or accepts, time limits, is a scammer.

That you do not use or take time limits is fine, but to call anyone who does a scammer is dead wrong, and you know it. Besides, it is not what you said that may have offended people, it is how you said it. "It's the truth" does not cut it. Look at your words, and the tone they carry. You can be truthful, even brutally honest, without inciting offense or accusation, at those who it does not rightfully belong to.

Sugartaspice, goingdiamond, you have every right to be offended by this person. His statements, though informative (when taken in context), were delivered in a petty manner, and he (or she) owes you an apology for his insinuitive accusation.