Am I digging myself into debt?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=60292

tallguyorama

21-04-2007 14:59:29

I'm signing up for offers and when I look at the terms and conditions, the free trial period often says that afterwards there will be monthly charges to my credit card.

I know the rules say that we should not canel immediately, so should I be keeping a record and tracking the different deadlines.

Anybody finding themselves in a situation where they are loosing money?

Save me from myself!

shawng31

21-04-2007 15:53:06

keep meticulous records of EVERYTHING.. the site you did.. the offer.. the cost and date needed to be cancelled (only if you WANT to cancel).. being organized is the enitre KEY to his whole thing.. there are programs i have heard about to help you with this on line.. but i just use an old fashioned pen and paper myself ;)

Shawn

jonohull

21-04-2007 15:56:10

I use Google Docs to help me keep track of paying people, and other things. (You're not really supposed to talk about canceling offers.)

tinkerjenn

21-04-2007 20:44:58

only do offers you are really interested in )

The best offer ever for me was Boca Java. BEST COFFEE EVER!

bgrubb7

11-05-2007 09:48:57

[quote20d0bc3de3="tinkerjenn"]only do offers you are really interested in )[/quote20d0bc3de3]

Damn, I must be one "interested MF", then. D

Denise07

11-05-2007 10:17:46

Keep very good records and know when your trial period is up. I have found some things on here that I love and glad I did. I was worried when I first started that I would lose money, but it is quite the opposite. I have got some things I really wanted, made some money and have fun doing it.

maksmom

11-05-2007 13:05:39

I use an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of all the sites I've signed up for and the login info. Then on another worksheet in the same file I keep track of the date, trader, what I'm being paid for the trade, the offer/offers I've done, my membership # or login info for that offer, cust svc phone # for that offer and the trial expiration date. There's just no way to do offers and keep all the info in your head, you have to have some form of record-keeping to do this successfully. Some people print out the various terms of service or write down all pertinant info...you just have to find what works for you. It's pretty easy after a while, just keep good and consistent records.

ilanbg

11-05-2007 13:33:11

I used to use the Freebie Authority Offer Tracker[=http//freebieauthority.com/offer.php]Freebie Authority Offer Tracker, which is the best system I've come across thus far, when I was completing offers on a more regular basis

patrick_7412

11-05-2007 13:35:01

I just use a program exactly like Excel, but only cost $16, which is PlanMaker )

jy3

11-05-2007 18:34:22

[quote3256113278="patrick_7412"]I just use a program exactly like Excel, but only cost $16, which is PlanMaker )[/quote3256113278]

why not get a free version of an excel-like program.

openoffice rocks

Margot530

11-05-2007 21:14:37

Hi guys and gals!

You all have very good suggestions. Unfortunately, I just learned the hard way that good ole paper and pencil, printing TOS or both, are the only thing that kept me safe. I lost my hard drive a few days ago, and with it, all my info....not to mention pics, bank docs, taxes, etc... all lost. cry

I know that it's a good idea to keep backup disks, but we don't always think that far ahead, and how many of us plan for the worst? Be safe, and keep written and printed TOS just in case...and be very meticulous.
Learn from my misfortune, and keep back ups also. wink

Thanks,

Margot 8)

Rewman

11-05-2007 22:17:55

you could just.......loose your card.......and get a new one if you're that worried.

Denise07

12-05-2007 06:43:00

[quoteea05085cb8="Margot530"]Hi guys and gals!

You all have very good suggestions. Unfortunately, I just learned the hard way that good ole paper and pencil, printing TOS or both, are the only thing that kept me safe. I lost my hard drive a few days ago, and with it, all my info....not to mention pics, bank docs, taxes, etc... all lost. cry

I know that it's a good idea to keep backup disks, but we don't always think that far ahead, and how many of us plan for the worst? Be safe, and keep written and printed TOS just in case...and be very meticulous.
Learn from my misfortune, and keep back ups also. wink

Thanks,

Margot 8)[/quoteea05085cb8]

So sorry to hear about your computer problems. I said earlier to keep good records. Pen and paper was my choice. My lovely husband made a spreadsheet type log for me, with all pertinent info on it. Works out great.