Vibrant Living & Essential Living Info Needed -- Updated

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=60004

angie30

18-04-2007 10:58:00

Ok,

Has anyone else signed up for vibrant living or essential living?

The first time I called vibrant living to ask why I never received the trial product and that I didn't want to get charged for something I never received -- he said to make sure I call back the next day if i still haven't gotten it and to let them know so I don't get billed for the full bottle.

Ok so I call back and they never answer the phone!!! It just says to leave a message. I've left messages!! I've emailed support!! No one gets back to me. x

They charged me and sent me a full bottle. I sent it back per there terms hoping I get a refund. Anyone else dealing with these people?

I called my CC and they said I need to highlight it on my statement and send it in to them and they will deal with it. She said that thy will contact the company and figure everything out. I asked how is she going to contact a company tht doesn't answer their phones? Sh said "Oh we'll get through". YEAH RIGHT!!!

Then I asked if they can charge me again or if they can stop that from happening. She said yeah they can't stop them from charging me -- only dispute each charge -- what kind of crap is that? And it takes up to 90 days to charge my account back. It's bull crap. I'm thinking about cancelling this stupid card.

Then for essential living -- the SAME thing. I got charged and never even got the trial. I got the full bottle. I actually didn't call back until the last day of my trial and it was after hours so I can see it is my fault. But I try calling to talk to support and it's a recording. I email like they say to do and still no reponses. It's so frustrating.

I don't think it's the same scammer -- if it's a scammer -- because I is based out of CA and one UT.

Please any advice or help is much appreciated.

THX

Should I just say screw it and get a new CC number?

manOFice

18-04-2007 11:07:56

Edit your title... say... "vibrant living or essential living Info needed"

Or something along those lines. I've only had to dispute one charge ever from a freebie offer through my bank and they of course got the charge reversed and got my money back, it never happened again. I had to actually go in there and fill out paper work etc.

You'll learn, A LOT of trials...you won't get the product till your trial period is actually over. Some start when you get the product, some start the day you order the trial, some start when you get billed etc.

I called someone the other day...I was listening to their stupid hold music for 45 minutes and then then it started ringing, no one picked up...it rang for another good 10 minutes but someone eventually picked up.

It can get annoying. The one is kinda your fault, you called the day before your trial was up and when they were closed, you're gonna get hit with charges, no doubt.

Word of advice, I try and stay away from offers where you have to send stuff back...i've done then without any problems, but I see to many people that have problems.

And make sure you are doing offers you are actually interested in.

angie30

18-04-2007 11:38:38

I know the one is my fault -- but they should call back or email back since they don't answer their phones and it says to leave a message.

I was interested in these 2 products -- says it gives you energy and it's a weight loss. Heck I should no non of them work.

The problem is they never even sent the trial versions. Only the actual product -- and if you don't want the product then you need to send back the unopened bottle.

The trials -- I wouldn't of needed to send back, if I ever got them.

They just make it impossible to contact them. This so screams scam to me!! I get scared when something says scam and they have my card number -- yet using a prepaid card is supposedly fraud so I can't protect myself that way.

Anyways -- I guess if I give it a day or two more and they still don't contact me then I will file a fraud report and change my card number.

manOFice

18-04-2007 11:41:18

[quote95740cb868="angie30"]I know the one is my fault -- but they should call back or email back since they don't answer their phones and it says to leave a message.

I was interested in these 2 products -- says it gives you energy and it's a weight loss. Heck I should no non of them work.

The problem is they never even sent the trial versions. Only the actual product -- and if you don't want the product then you need to send back the unopened bottle.

They just make it impossible to contact them. This so screams scam to me!! I get scared when something says scam and they have my card number -- yet using a prepaid card is supposedly fraud so I can't protect myself that way.

Anyways -- I guess if I give it a day or two more and they still don't contact me then I will file a fraud report and change my card number.[/quote95740cb868]

I've only had one company ever call me back after leaving a voicemail and that was along time after I got ahold of someone on the phone.

Whats the website url so I can see the TOS....sometimes they send you a full bottle and you try only a certain amount of days worth and then send the rest back.

angie30

18-04-2007 12:27:25

[quote7e4a59ab15="O4F-Manofice"][quote7e4a59ab15="angie30"]I know the one is my fault -- but they should call back or email back since they don't answer their phones and it says to leave a message.

Anyways -- I guess if I give it a day or two more and they still don't contact me then I will file a fraud report and change my card number.[/quote7e4a59ab15]

I've only had one company ever call me back after leaving a voicemail and that was along time after I got ahold of someone on the phone.

Whats the website url so I can see the TOS....sometimes they send you a full bottle and you try only a certain amount of days worth and then send the rest back.[/quote7e4a59ab15]

http//www.essentiallivingdiet.com/view/d/terms.htm

http//www.naturegreens.com/returnpolicy.html -- this one is for vibrant living

laurelwm

18-04-2007 18:52:37

I also had a problem with both of these offers. The people at Vibrant Living never answer the phone and the website on the bottle is no longer valid - so the address above is a good thing (if it works)

Essential living I finally managed to talk to a supervisor, who is suppose to refund the money that they charged me for shipping me a product AFTER I cancelled. Took a little time to get to the supervisor (and repeating over and over "I would like to talk to your supervisor" to the customer service peon who barely spoke English and had no idea what she was talking about.), but they have supposedly worked it out. I'll see for sure when the refund shows up.

skepticalcynic

24-04-2007 07:47:45

[quoted3542e7791="angie30"]

http//www.essentiallivingdiet.com/view/d/terms.htm

[/quoted3542e7791]

Thank you for this info. I was trying to contact customer service and the phone number was always busy. I went to the link above and got on the live chat and had no problems - I think.

angie30

24-04-2007 12:49:07

I searched forever and found this new number for essential living in which I waited and listened to elevator music forever -- lol and then someone finally picked up. Oh yeah I forgot to say that I found another live chat that actually works.

On the live chat I spoke to a guy and when I wouldn't give him my SSN and told him I don't give that out to anyone he asked for my 1st and last name. When I asked about a refund he closed out our chat!!! So I logged back in a chatted with a lady -- she took for ever to respond to each of my questions -- like she had so many other things to do than sit and get a chat over with in 5 minutes. She would ask a question then I would answer and wait for a reponse in which she wouldn't get back to me for a few minutes --- EACH TIME!!! I think our chat session lasted about 20 minutes. She then finally said when they receive the product back I would get my refund. Then I got a confirmation of cancellation and of our transaction. I was so annoyed at the lack of customer support and how they handle themselves.

So then to make sure I called the yesterday to make sure my account was cancelled and that I would get my refund. They should of received the product back by then -- it had been over a week. After waiting forever someone finally answered -- a guy. He did the same thing as the chat lady. He asked me questions and when I said did you get that, he wouldn't answer me!! I kept saying hello are you there? No answer. About ever 3-4 minutes he would say -- I am trying to pull your file up could I have your name again!!! It was crap -- but I am strong willed and would not hang up. One time he wouldn't answer me for about 5 minutes -- I could hear him breathing and typing -- so I just said "I Don't know if you are tryig to annoy me but I will never hang up -- I can stay on the phone all day if need be" -- he answered right away and was talking to me so rudely. Said I wasn't going to get a refund because the product was sent out. Wrong thing to say to me!!

I said " Oh yes you WILL give me a refund because the lady I chatted with said I would get one and he asked for her name and I gave it to him. He was like oh she did -- pretends to be busy again typing and says oh yeah you will be getting a refund in 2-3 business weeks. I said if I didn't get it my credit card company wants me to file a fraud report and I will -- he was all annoyed and said very rudely ya ya you'll get it and hangs up.

Oh my gosh -- this is the poorest way to handle customers if you ask me!!! Either they suck at customer support or they try to rip people off anyway possible.

Here's the phone number 866-883-4980
Here's the website to the live chat http//www.cardsupportsite.com/

I hope I get my refund and you all dealing with these crappy people get everything figured out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for the vibrant living they never pick up their phones anymore nor answer any emails -- so I again searched for an answer. I wanted to make sure my account was cancelled because I never received the trial product -- only the full bottle which I returned. They give that phone # when they send the product -- you know the one that goes no where? Well I found on their site another phone number if you want to call up and order!! So I call it because I was sure someone would answer thinking I was another sale and they did!! It was the same guy I talked to on the other line pretending to be someone else. He confirmed my account was cancelled and that he would give me a refund.

Apologizes for the other person he was pretending not to be. What a gimic!! Then he asks for my CC # and said it's the only way he can give me my money back -- says they don't keep the numbers after cancellation so he didn't have it. I ask how were they gonna refund my money if I didn't call -- said this is the only way they do it. Ok you all are goona shoot me. After refusing I gave him my # because I was so frustrated!!

I know stupid stupid stupid of me.

But I hurried and paid my phone bill on this card so the balance was only like $13 -- not much he could do to rip me off. Then yesterday I checked my account and there was a refund from them!! I was so amazed and happy. Yeah me for not giving up.

Here's the number 877-862-5598

Remember don't give up and let scammers or poor customer service make you give in.

Sorry so long but needed to tell my story.

skepticalcynic

24-04-2007 13:33:42

BRAVO!

manOFice

24-04-2007 13:58:39

Where do they find these support people? I mean do they advertise that they need rude CS's.

And you were crazy to give them your CC# for a refund, heh...I would have never done that.

congrats on getting the refund.

manOFice

11-05-2007 04:29:22

hrmmm...I just signed up for an offer and looks like it's from Vibrant Living. So far just a trial charge...i'll keep you guys updated and what not if anything changes. The offer was "Super Anti Ox"

angie30

11-05-2007 09:07:55

[quoteb3fca1e057="O4F-Manofice"]hrmmm...I just signed up for an offer and looks like it's from Vibrant Living. So far just a trial charge...i'll keep you guys updated and what not if anything changes. The offer was "Super Anti Ox"[/quoteb3fca1e057]

Whew -- that's the one I did and had the problems with.

Hope it goes better for you!!

Let me know. wink

manOFice

11-05-2007 09:08:51

Did you call after your trial was up and had problems?

angie30

11-05-2007 09:19:37

[quotec4c448c5a9="O4F-Manofice"]Did you call after your trial was up and had problems?[/quotec4c448c5a9]

This one I called a few days before my trial was up because I hadn't received the product yet. I actually got through and the man said to make sure I called back in 2 days to cancel if I hadn't gotten it yet so I don't get charged. When I tried he never answered again. I cancelled on their automated line but that didn't work. I finally got the product but a little late.

Also they put a web address on the bottle that is no good.

That's when I searched and hunted him down and finally got ahold of him.
Then got my refund --- maybe they would keep more customers if they knew how to give good customer support and not try to hide out so people feel like they are getting ripped off.

I was just mad because I was charged for something I didn't even get to try before the trial period was up. How am I suppose to know if I like something before purchasing it, if I can't even try it. KWIM?

manOFice

11-05-2007 09:21:17

Yep, thanks

manOFice

16-05-2007 06:39:47

You know whats funny....the CS is horrible for vibrant living...no one ever answers their phones, you were right.

866-577-7300
877-862-5598

No one ever answers those phone numbers, and the recordings sound like a guy from his house not a business.

Edit Just spoke with a Ryan...took some info from me but sounded like he was ignoring me...

Edit I just called again to confirm my transaction and of course he didn't do it and had to get my information AGAIN...i'm in for a ride I bet

alan4561

16-05-2007 17:10:10

Maybe FiPG could start another forum, as an offshoot to the trading post, called "CS Horror Stories" or something like that. We already have a forum for identifying scammers and such, why not one identifying sites or offers with such horrible CS that the mere frustration of it makes you make mistakes, or instills despair or anger to the point of apoplexy? This makes sense to me

laurelwm

17-05-2007 04:43:35

I received my refund from Essential Living on Monday, but still nothing from Vibrant Living. When I talked to Ryan, he seems nice, but that doesn't always mean anything............

Laurel

manOFice

17-05-2007 04:53:11

[quote7356c618c5="laurelwm"]I received my refund from Essential Living on Monday, but still nothing from Vibrant Living. When I talked to Ryan, he seems nice, but that doesn't always mean anything............

Laurel[/quote7356c618c5]

Yes, Ryan seems nice but I'm going to have to call a 3rd time today to see if he even did anything to my account. It seems like when I talked to him he was driving or something. He also said he would have someone email me yesterday...of course no email. It's like this company works out of a basement.

Edit I just got the email I was waiting for.

laurelwm

17-05-2007 14:14:26

I got my refund today.

Laurel

Margot530

17-05-2007 17:43:36

I haven't had quite the same experience that you all have but def a strange one!

I ordered the sleep rite trial, through Essential Living, and on the package and the invoice it said sleep rite but the little packet clearly said weight loss tabs. Well I call and took for ever to get through, but when I did, they said there was nothing they could do...excuse me??? I don't think so..lol

I got a supervisor, and was told to keep the trial weight loss as a complimentary gift, and they would send the sleep rite....OMG 4 days later I get a full bottle of the weight loss. I called again, and spoke to the same supervisor, and she said to just keep that also, and they would get another packet out to me so I could try the sleep rite, finally got it, and when I called to verify, I was told that I had two accounts shock Back to the supervisor...she took care of it all, and was never charged.

I always recommend you go to a supervisor after the first attempt to rectify a situation with a cs...they have more leeway to work with you.

By this time, all I can do is laugh!

Margot D

FulgenMkII

19-05-2007 10:38:30

Oh boy, I ordered the Sleep-Rite... I wonder if I'll have any problems. If I do, I'll be sure to post them, but I'm guessing I probably won't with all the information here. D

Also, to add to the topic, if somebody says their supervisor isn't going to be able to do anything more than they are, they're (usually) just trying to avoid a supervisor call. Some places track how many calls you can handle by yourself or need to transfer to a supervisor, which makes some agents hesitant to transfer you, but if you insist on speaking with a supervisor they'll eventually get one on the line. ) Most of the time, the key to getting what you deserve is simply persistence and professionalism.

Margot530

20-05-2007 11:33:35

[quote527cff94b3="FulgenMkII"]Oh boy, I ordered the Sleep-Rite... I wonder if I'll have any problems. If I do, I'll be sure to post them, but I'm guessing I probably won't with all the information here. D

Also, to add to the topic, if somebody says their supervisor isn't going to be able to do anything more than they are, they're (usually) just trying to avoid a supervisor call. Some places track how many calls you can handle by yourself or need to transfer to a supervisor, which makes some agents hesitant to transfer you, but if you insist on speaking with a supervisor they'll eventually get one on the line. ) Most of the time, the key to getting what you deserve is simply persistence and professionalism.[/quote527cff94b3]

That is very true. As a former CS rep (I hated it so much) I learned many tricks. And this is one I use all the time...I make the initial call, and if I haven't gotten anywhere I call back and say this..."I was speaking to a very nice customer service representative, who had transferred me to a supervisor, and I'm so sorry, but I didn't write her name down. Would you please transfer me?" You will probably get the "maybe I can help you? bs" This is where the persistence really helps...state "Thank you so much for the offer, but I'd rather continue to take this up with your supervisor." This works for me 9 out of 10 times. The other 1 is just a stubborn person, and wants you to repeat everything over and over...don't get stuck in that trap. Never repeat it again, just be polite but firm. wink

Margot D

skepticalcynic

31-05-2007 13:31:00

For anyone trying Essential Living...

I tried it, it upset my stomach, I contacted the company via live chat and they gave me a cancellation number. Then a couple of weeks later I got charged and a full bottle sent to me a few days after that. I was collecting info for my cc company for the billing dispute and in the Essential Living TOS I found the following statement

YOU MAY NOT CANCEL YOUR FREE TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION ON-LINE.

...Caveat Emptor...

manOFice

31-05-2007 13:41:29

Vibrant Living sent me a full bottle of what I ordered and said 100% discount (free)...hrmmmm

angie30

31-05-2007 15:27:06

Wow i haven't read this thread in awhile -- they sure have many upset at them. If anyone wants to run a business and keep customers then they better learn proper CS.

Sorry you all had to deal with them. I hope this thread gets people to not do these offers. It's a warning and that's why I wrote it.

I am just glad most everyone got their refunds and not ripped off.

I think this Ryan guy just runs a small business out of his home and still has a lot to learn about CS. Maybe one day he'll get it right.

I do have to say that I much rather deal with him than the other company -- they were just rude and ignored me most of the time. He finally gave up when he realized I am stubborn.

I did get both refunds -- I was looking through my trial products I've recieved and found the full bottle they sent me -- I thought I sent it back but I didn't. Luckily they still refunded me.

Happy to not have to deal with them anymore!!!

Good luck to those still waiting for refunds.