problems with referrals

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=59659

Dipset

14-04-2007 14:33:39

Hi im kinda new to this and im having some trouble. I signed up for 123StuffForFree.com and chose to get a vid ipod. I took the blockbuster offer and everything went smooth... now all i need to do is get 6 referrals.
I don't really understand how to get referrals. I got this link "removed referral link" and i gave it to 2 of my friends who said they signed up for the website but for some reason it still says i hav no referrals????? i dont know if im doing anything wrong but can som1 help.

moviemadnessman

14-04-2007 15:26:23

Well, you are doing wrong by posting your ref link here...so the first step would be to remove it.

As to getting referrals, maybe they didn't sign up, or if they did sign up, it is possible that they didn't clear their cookies or something. Or maybe they signed up, but didn't use your link (ie, they went to the site by typing it in). Lastly, did they sign up for your site, or did they click on other prizes?

See if it was any of those options. But remove your ref link first.

Dipset

15-04-2007 04:52:17

I am positive they used my referral link cuz i sent it to them through aim. but my question is do they have to sign up for an offer for me to get the referral?

condra

15-04-2007 08:10:10

um...yes...of course they have to D

laurelwm

16-04-2007 04:40:38

[quote0c32b93212="Dipset"]I am positive they used my referral link cuz i sent it to them through aim. but my question is do they have to sign up for an offer for me to get the referral?[/quote0c32b93212]

Each of the referrals you get, whether it is from here or friends, will have to do an offer credit to count, the same as you had to when you signed up (but not the same offer).

But even if they have not done an offer yet, you should see their email= address when you sign into your account, it will just say 0 offer credit. If you do not see that, then check with them to make sure that they signed up. If they did, check the link to see that it is copied correctly. If it is, open a support ticket on the site and say "My friend signed up under me using email=xxxx@xxx.xxxxxxx@xxx.xxx address when you sign into your account, it will just say 0 offer credit. If you do not see that, then check with them to make sure that they signed up. If they did, check the link to see that it is copied correctly. If it is, open a support ticket on the site and say "My friend signed up under me using email=xxxx@xxx.xxxxxxx@xxx.xxx/email (your friend's email), but I don't see him on my account" and they can check it for you.

Laurel