Newbie with ??????

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=59512

GoingDiamond

12-04-2007 19:21:54

Hi everyone,
well first off I would like to say I really hope I am posting this in the right place. I'm really new to this, in fact a few minutes ago I went green for the first time. lol I have been reading a lot around the site and have just a few questions please remember I'm new so don't laugh to loud
1. What is a "bump"?
2. I was refered to 'hotgifts4you' and greened, NOW lets say a different user from this site would like to refer me to 'hotgifts4you' am i going to be able to do that or can you only do the site one time?
3. When I recieve a PM I do not get a popup box for that; however, in my profile I do have it checked that I should get one. My popup blocker is off and I'm running Explorer 7. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
4. When I did my trade earlier I was not able to edit my e-mail or paypal info, even after deleting cookies and lowering the 'bar thing'. What am I doing wrong???
5. Where do I post to let everyone know I'm looking to, well, um,, make some money. )
6. If this is not the correct place to post this, please tell me where i should do it?

From what I've read everyone around here is really helpful so Thanks in advance...

angie30

12-04-2007 19:38:55

[quote7436646d56="GoingDiamond"]Hi everyone,
well first off I would like to say I really hope I am posting this in the right place. I'm really new to this, in fact a few minutes ago I went green for the first time. lol I have been reading a lot around the site and have just a few questions please remember I'm new so don't laugh to loud
1. What is a "bump"?
2. I was refered to 'hotgifts4you' and greened, NOW lets say a different user from this site would like to refer me to 'hotgifts4you' am i going to be able to do that or can you only do the site one time?
3. When I recieve a PM I do not get a popup box for that; however, in my profile I do have it checked that I should get one. My popup blocker is off and I'm running Explorer 7. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
4. When I did my trade earlier I was not able to edit my e-mail or paypal info, even after deleting cookies and lowering the 'bar thing'. What am I doing wrong???
5. Where do I post to let everyone know I'm looking to, well, um,, make some money. )
6. If this is not the correct place to post this, please tell me where i should do it?

From what I've read everyone around here is really helpful so Thanks in advance...[/quote7436646d56]

Hi and welcome.

1. A bump is when you post a reply to your own post so it can get bumped back up to the top. Only allowed once in 24hrs.
2.You can only do each site once.
3.Could be that your security level is up too high or a firewall is blocking it.
4.Ok I had to lower my security bar all the way down in order to edit my email or leave feedback.
5.On the trading forum.

HTH

GoingDiamond

12-04-2007 20:11:54

4.Ok I had to lower my security bar all the way down in order to edit my email or leave feedback.

I think i've tried everything and still can't edit my info. everytime i click on edit, the'bar' comes across the top, however it happens so fast i can't read it or pick it.

any suggestions? (

moviemadnessman

12-04-2007 20:16:22

[quote5077d39dc6="GoingDiamond"]4.Ok I had to lower my security bar all the way down in order to edit my email or leave feedback.

I think i've tried everything and still can't edit my info. everytime i click on edit, the'bar' comes across the top, however it happens so fast i can't read it or pick it.

any suggestions? ([/quote5077d39dc6]
Try this http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=53375&highlight=ie7%20javascript

Also, if you are using Internet Explorer 7, there seems to be some difficulty editing things. Try using Firefox. It is a better browser overall.

angie30

12-04-2007 20:24:20

I use IE 7 and the only problem I was having was fixed by lowering my security bar to the lowest level.

When you say a bar pops up along the top and disappears really fast -- on my computer -- that is a popup blocker. It happens so fast you can't read what it says. Maybe your popup isn't totally off.

alan4561

12-04-2007 21:01:21

Here is one more thing to try if you are using IE7 (I use that browser myself). Popup windows are little windows with NO sizing capabilities on them. You can lower settings, turn off popup blockers and malware software all day and STILL not get those popup windows unless you make a small change in your security settings.

Go to [b074c80e79d]Tools>Internet Options>Security[/b074c80e79d]. Make sure it is set to [b074c80e79d]Medium[/b074c80e79d] for the Internet zone, then click [b074c80e79d]Custom Level[/b074c80e79d]. Scroll down until you see the following 2 options

[b074c80e79d]Allow script initiated windows without size or position constraints[/b074c80e79d]

[b074c80e79d]Allow websites to open windows without address or status bars[/b074c80e79d]

Make sure you enable both of these options. Click [b074c80e79d]OK[/b074c80e79d], click [b074c80e79d]Yes[/b074c80e79d] to the question , then click [b074c80e79d]OK[/b074c80e79d] to exit the options. Restart your browser, and you should be able to get those windows without ANY difficulty.

Let me know if this works for you

laurelwm

13-04-2007 06:54:49

Everyone else seems to have handled the popup stuff, but I wanted to address these questions

[quote5455748209="GoingDiamond"]
1. What is a "bump"? [/quote5455748209]

A bump is moving your thread (or someone else's) to the top of the topic list. In the trading post it can only be done once every 24 hours, unless you are answering a specific question asked by a poster.

2. I was refered to 'hotgifts4you' and greened, NOW lets say a different user from this site would like to refer me to 'hotgifts4you' am i going to be able to do that or can you only do the site one time? [/quote5455748209]

HotGifts4You is a network of sites. You can do each "sub-site" once (ie Tech.HotGifts4You, etc), but each site only once. Most networks work this same way. For example, YourGiftsFree has a bunch of sub-sites (Laptops.YouGiftsFree, Sidekick3.YourGIftsFree, GiftCards.YourGiftsFree, etc) - you can do [b5455748209]each site[/b5455748209] once.

5. Where do I post to let everyone know I'm looking to, well, um,, make some money. ) [/quote5455748209]

You can post in the Trading Post, or you can look at posts there and PM the people directly. If you make a post saying "Can green for $$" be prepared to get an overwhelming ## of PMs.

I would suggest, after you have done 5-6 sites for $$ that you switch to site for site trading, as that will help you finish off some sites, which is where the big $$ are.

This is the correct place for questions.
[/quote5455748209]

Hope this helps you. If you have other questions, feel free to post them, or PM me.

Laurel

GoingDiamond

13-04-2007 14:59:30

I want to thank everyone for all their help. I followed all your suggestions. the problem was what alan4561 suggested. I had to play around with the settings a little more but it worked. lol Thank you all again