New Bump/Post Rule?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=59511

marketingman0069

12-04-2007 18:51:55

Hi,

I was under the impression that users here could bump their trading posts once a day and/or create new threads in the trading post every 3 days. I even remember a mod telling me this just last week but I just re-read the site rules and now it says every 5 days for both bumping and creating new trade posts. Huh??

gator1002

12-04-2007 20:01:01

I saw that also I think that they just havent updated the rules.

moviemadnessman

12-04-2007 20:12:56

Where are you seeing it saying 5 days? Looking at the Trade Forum Rules here clearly states "b. Do not create a new post more than once per 3 days. Also, do not 'bump' your post more than once per 24 hours (1 day). When the 3 days are up, you may choose to create a new thread, or bump an existing thread, but you cannot do both."

The thread that the rules are in hasn't been updated since March 19, 2005 ... I hope this clears things up.

gator1002

12-04-2007 20:33:14

FiPG & TRADING DO'S AND DON'T'S

DON’T spam users with PM’s about trading unless they show some prior interest in trading.
DON’T expect users to green instantaneously, even if they do an offer marked as instant.
DON’T ask users to submit support tickets about non-credit issues, until they have waited the desired time as specified by the site they sign up for (freepay sites = 15 days).
DON’T expect users to do another offer for you unless they have waited the specified amount of time to ask for manual credit.
DON’T judge another user solely on their Karma. Although it can be a good indication of the way a user is regarded on the forums, usually it has no bearing on trading. It’s the TR that counts.
DON’T ask user/account-specific questions to sites representatives. Open a support ticket on the site in question for that.
DON’T post in someone else’s trading thread telling others that you can do the same site for less, etc. It’s called thread-jacking and will result in a temp-ban.
DON’T make useless posts in other peoples threads, especially trading threads.
DON’T flame or you will be banned.
DON’T make a scammer thread about someone unless you have exhausted every possible means of communication between you and the other member, have waited the required amount of time to get credit or for the other member to get credit, have contacted a Mod and STILL have not received a response from the other member and/or a green or paypal, depending on the details of your trade.
DON’T create a thread or BUMP an existing thread in the trading post, more than once every 5 days. This will result in a temp-ban.
Ibelive he was refering to this

moviemadnessman

12-04-2007 20:36:57

Ah. Yes, I see how that would create confusion.

Just for final clarification, you can bump your thread once every 24 hours, or create a new one once every 3 days. But not both.

I am not a mod, of course, but I think they will agree with the above statement.

marketingman0069

12-04-2007 20:40:14

[quote0bd269615d="gator1002"]FiPG & TRADING DO'S AND DON'T'S

DON’T spam users with PM’s about trading unless they show some prior interest in trading.
DON’T expect users to green instantaneously, even if they do an offer marked as instant.
DON’T ask users to submit support tickets about non-credit issues, until they have waited the desired time as specified by the site they sign up for (freepay sites = 15 days).
DON’T expect users to do another offer for you unless they have waited the specified amount of time to ask for manual credit.
DON’T judge another user solely on their Karma. Although it can be a good indication of the way a user is regarded on the forums, usually it has no bearing on trading. It’s the TR that counts.
DON’T ask user/account-specific questions to sites representatives. Open a support ticket on the site in question for that.
DON’T post in someone else’s trading thread telling others that you can do the same site for less, etc. It’s called thread-jacking and will result in a temp-ban.
DON’T make useless posts in other peoples threads, especially trading threads.
DON’T flame or you will be banned.
DON’T make a scammer thread about someone unless you have exhausted every possible means of communication between you and the other member, have waited the required amount of time to get credit or for the other member to get credit, have contacted a Mod and STILL have not received a response from the other member and/or a green or paypal, depending on the details of your trade.
DON’T create a thread or BUMP an existing thread in the trading post, more than once every 5 days. This will result in a temp-ban.
Ibelive he was refering to this[/quote0bd269615d]

Yes, this is what I read. Thanks yall for clearing this up )