A Possible Reason You're Not Getting Credits- NEW INFO!!!!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=59132

Margot530

08-04-2007 12:49:24

PLEASE READ ALL THE WAY THROUGH, AS MUCH NEW INFO HAS BEEN ADDED!!!!!![/color0edec564be][/size0edec564be]

I've posted bits and pieces of this in a few threads, and it seems to have helped a few people out there who ran across it; so thought I would try to get this out to everyone.

When I first started, I could green very easily, and then all of a sudden I would only green occasionally. I burned up sooo many offers, and had to submit manual credits, and got so frustrated; especially considering I was following the clear cookie/file instructions to the "t."

It occurred to me (while not in the midst of a blond moment wink ) that I had to have a cookie folder that I wasn't aware of. I performed a search, and sure enough, found a hidden cookie file literally loaded with thousands of cookies that were constantly causing many conflicts.

I jumped the gun and deleted the whole thing, loosing files that I needed and had to do a soft restore to get it all back. I thoroughly searched the file, and found what I needed to keep, ("dat" files) transferred them to another area, in my case I used My Documents. Then deleted the file again. I haven't had one problem since. Learn from my mistake, and check the file to make sure you don't need something important in there, it can be time consuming, but worth the effort. If in doubt, don't delete.

I do periodically check for hidden cookie files just to make sure nothing attached its self to my computer.

The file on my computer stated it was "hidden." What you would be looking for is a file that has a large amount of kb's or even mb's. For those that aren't sure how to perform a search, these are the steps I took, though your computer may differ.

Click on the start menu, click on search, enter the word "cookies" into the blank search field. Make sure you set the options to perform a search of your entire computer. It may take several minutes, so be patient.

Another interesting thing I have discovered, is that those who seem to green better, are those that have there phone number listed with their names as well as addresses. Using a cell can be bad, as they rarely list a name in association with it. I have changed mine to listed and back to unlisted quite quickly through the phone company, and this has now also improved my crediting.

Please, any people out there who know computers better than I, add, correct or simplify all this.

I truly hope this helps some of you out that have stopped getting credits like you used to; I'd love to hear about it if it does D

Good Luck,

Margot 8)

ldybug1752

09-04-2007 12:51:53

I have been having lots of problems getting credit..so I searched my computer and found the hidden cookie files and folders but..I have NO idea which ones I'm supposed to delete! I'm not computer illiterate (so I thought) but when I click on the files they're totally jibberish. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and of course rewarded with karma ;) Thanks in advance!

Margot530

09-04-2007 13:19:50

[quotebbdbdded54="ldybug1752"]I have been having lots of problems getting credit..so I searched my computer and found the hidden cookie files and folders but..I have NO idea which ones I'm supposed to delete! I'm not computer illiterate (so I thought) but when I click on the files they're totally jibberish. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and of course rewarded with karma ;) Thanks in advance![/quotebbdbdded54]

Hi,

The first thing you want to look for is a file or 2 that have a lot of kb's or mb's under the file size catagory. Start with the first one you see that has a lot in it. Click on the folder icon, to open it up--it should say cookie at the begining of each line, or right after another word or 2....these are the cookies that are not getting deleted when you take the usual steps.

It's real difficult for me to advise you on what files may be important to you, but if you scan carefully through it, and it is nothiing but cookie this and cookie that, it should be safe to delete, the entire file.

I believe it's normal to come up with many cookie folders, but as I said, it is the ones that have a large amount of kbs or mbs, that you need to get rid of. If it contains 0 or even 2 kbs, your fine.

I'm going to pm you. wink

Margot D

Margot530

20-04-2007 14:36:24

Hi All !

I worked with a real nice new gal last night, and I ran her and her computer through their paces wink . Found hidden tool bars/cookie files...we took a good 3 hours or so, but got her squared away.

So another thing to look for when you are not getting your greens to credit...hidden tool bars that you are not using.

Hope I helped some more..... D

Margot

Jenne1975

20-04-2007 14:44:32

Very good to know....i also found my hidden cookie files...deleted them..thanks a bunch

cubbieco

21-04-2007 23:51:45

I actually use firefox for all of my daily browsing, and I only use Internet Explorer for offers in such. This helps me keep it clean to get the cookies easily.

Another thing to make sure of is privacy settings so your computer accepts all cookies especially "tracking cookies"

sandra habina

25-04-2007 15:00:40

I am bumping this because I feel that the information that Margot has shared is wonderful for us all. Especially new traders. Thankyou Margot you are awesome

Margot530

29-04-2007 10:58:04

Wow! Thanks so much you guys...I've learned a lot about how messed up and cluttered your computer can be, and several things that can be stopping you from crediting...if you EVER have a question, PLEASE feel free to ask, you are never a bother, and helping people is something I love to do D

Margot wink

kidd2108

29-04-2007 11:46:19

...or just use CCleaner to delete everything, including cookies, temp files, etc.

gmario

30-04-2007 03:30:21

[quote5d7aaac38c="kidd2108"]...or just use CCleaner to delete everything, including cookies, temp files, etc.[/quote5d7aaac38c]

Yup that works too ) but good guide tho

Margot530

03-05-2007 11:09:01

[quote8b4faaff87="kidd2108"]...or just use CCleaner to delete everything, including cookies, temp files, etc.[/quote8b4faaff87]

Thanks gmario, and kidd2108, you have just brought up another thing I learned, and thanks for that...I can add more info that will hopefully help!

I don't have a special program that does the disc clean up, but it can easily be done by you, using your own computers tools. I have windows xp so your actions might be a bit different, but this is what I do.

1. Click on start

2. Go to "all programs"

3. Click on "accessories"

4. Another box will appear beside this.

5. Click on "system tools"

6. Another box will appear beside this.

7. Click on "disk cleanup"

8. You should then be prompted to complete the action, if not, it will do it on it's own, but if so, click ok and wait a few minutes for it to analyze.

9. A box will appear showing you how much junk you have that can safely be deleted, or compressed. Most of this is stuff you do not need, but if you are unsure, un click the box that you do not want deleted, you can also view these files.

10. Most any temporary files can be deleted without causing any problem. and will clean up files that are or can cause crediting issues.

If you want to go a step further, and make your computer a bit more efficient, follow steps 1-6 and instead of clicking disk cleanup, click "disk defragmenter".....depending on how old your computer is, or whether you have ever performed this task before, it can take some time to complete, but you can continue doing what you would like while waiting. You will increase your memory space, and clean up many partial files that are obsolete or can be filed together. This will not (to my knowledge) change any thing with regards to how you access your files. But will clean things up for you. If you have never done this before, don't freak out when you see that a certain color of files are labeled "infected." This only means that they are in use/possibly permanent files, but nothing to worry about.

Hope this also helps...feel free to ask me for help at anytime wink

Margot D

skepticalcynic

03-05-2007 11:22:53

Maybe someone can clear this up for me - the first trade I did I ended up having to do a manual credit request and I was told that if you check the TOS on an offer, sometimes that will cause it to not credit. But I haven't seen this info anywhere else. Does anyone know what this is all about?

Margot530

03-05-2007 14:31:34

I've heard it too, so just as a precaution, I do all my scouting of the offers and TOS prior to completing the offers I've chosen. And always delete cookie/files, and double check them by clicking on settings and view files to make sure there no cookies in the box.

I do this prior to clicking on each offer I've chosen, that way everything is clean...you are permanently connected to your referral, nothing changes that.

And if you think you may have made a mistake, or didn't let a page load all the way, close it out and start again, unless it happens to be the credit card info page. Once this is submitted, do not try to go back as you may cause a duplicate offer completion, risk fraud, and double charges to your card.

I've gotten rid of 98% of my crediting issues taken care of. Thank goodness!

Margot wink

laurelwm

03-05-2007 19:02:50

[quote23b29a4cbc="Margot530"]

And if you think you may have made a mistake, or didn't let a page load all the way, close it out and start again....I've gotten rid of 98% of my crediting issues taken care of. Thank goodness!

Margot wink[/quote23b29a4cbc]

Unless you have already entered your credit card info, in which case it will record you as trying to sign up twice..........

Laurel

aeyz

05-05-2007 19:48:56

margot you have totally helped me a lot!
cz ive bn having the same problem!
nd m really getting upset with it and i thought that my account has problems or sumthin...
you've totally helped me a lot...

but just for clarification purposes...

if you do the disk clean up and/or disk defragmenter..
would i stil need to check on the hidden toolbar and search for that other cookie folder?

im currently using another pc right now,so i wont be able to do those stuff now but i sure will asap.!

thanx a lot!

sandra habina

11-05-2007 12:15:57

EXCELLENT INFORMATION MARGOT - thankyou so much. I am sure this will help alot of people.

As for checking the TOS, I have heard that you should wait on the landing page without wandering for 5-10 minutes before leaving it, so I would check the TOS prior to signing up for the offer.

patrick_7412

11-05-2007 13:36:21

Very nice guide, it has helped some of my noobs I've been teaching )

weebles_five

11-05-2007 17:55:39

This is the best info. I had been having the same problem until Margot and Sandra told me what to do. This should be the "bible" of doing credits.

Thanks D

Margot530

11-05-2007 20:30:20

[quotec21bf12746="aeyz"]margot you have totally helped me a lot!
nd m really getting upset with it and i thought that my account has problems or sumthin...

would i stil need to check on the hidden toolbar and search for that other cookie folder?

im currently using another pc right now,so i wont be able to do those stuff now but i sure will asap.!

thanx a lot![/quotec21bf12746]

To be honest, I always make an effort to check and double check all of the hidden files...not all things are taken care of through disk clean up though much of it is...you will find that many types of cookies and adware are tenacious and have the ability to cling on to your comp. Better to be safe then sorry, and take control or your files before they control you!

I'm so glad that this has helped so many! Crediting issues are the most frustrating thing when first starting out, and when you have been on the other side for a while and find yourself wanting to complete a site for someone else, whether for trade or paypal, and can't green??? What an embarassment that would be!

So glad I could be a help, D

Margot wink

Rewman

11-05-2007 22:19:20

IE + Delete Temp files + Delete Cookies
Has failed me only once thus far.

Margot530

12-05-2007 12:10:25

[quote3e0a7904ff="laurelwm"][quote3e0a7904ff="Margot530"]

And if you think you may have made a mistake, or didn't let a page load all the way, close it out and start again....I've gotten rid of 98% of my crediting issues taken care of. Thank goodness!

Margot wink[/quote3e0a7904ff]

Unless you have already entered your credit card info, in which case it will record you as trying to sign up twice..........

Laurel[/quote3e0a7904ff]

You are absolutely correct Laurel. and thank you for pointing that out...I will update the info. shortly!

Until then... once you have hit the submit button after inputting your credit card info, you are out of luck if you catch a mistake at the last second, do not go back. I'm afraid you will put yourself in the position of completing an offer twice, causing fraud, and a possible double charge to your card....go slow and double check for accuracy!

Thanks for keeping me straight!

Margot wink

chrome89k

12-05-2007 12:22:52

[quote9fd69ec0d4="Rewman"]IE + Delete Temp files + Delete Cookies
Has failed me only once thus far.[/quote9fd69ec0d4]

same here.... margot... you really think doing disk cleanup is helpful?
doing the right, good crediting sites with good advertisers is most helpful to me

Margot530

12-05-2007 14:14:36

[quote7c84687971="chrome89k"][quote7c84687971="Rewman"]IE + Delete Temp files + Delete Cookies
Has failed me only once thus far.[/quote7c84687971]

same here.... margot... you really think doing disk cleanup is helpful?
doing the right, good crediting sites with good advertisers is most helpful to me[/quote7c84687971]

Hi there,

I sure do! It has helped me and many others, but I think everyone should do what works best for them. Disk clean up gets rid of a lot more than just temp internet files. I was very shocked at all the junk sitting on my computer! Perhaps some might want to try a disk clean up first, then doing the normal route of deleting files and cookies would be more effective?

I perform a disk clean once per week, and am still coming up with about 22,000 kbs just in the temp files alone. Everyones computer is a bit different, and responds differently to what the internet attempts to attach while tracking your activities. I've noted a cookie called favicon can be very counterproductive to me, and once it is there, it is difficult to manually delete....in fact have been denied access to FIPG for having this cookie alone...not sure why, I'm no comp wiz, as I've stated before wink , but maybe others might shed some light on it?

As I said, everyone should do what works best for you, but if you don't know how to go about fixing a problem, how will you know what that is?

I welcome anyones constructive input, as I have so much to learn myself!

Thanks so much!

Margot D

chrome89k

12-05-2007 16:25:33

honestly... if ANYTHING made getting credit for hard earned offers a 100% thing.... there would be WAY more people involved... because i know a number of people who were just plain tired of spending money on offers and just being let down by lack of requirement fulfillments

Margot530

12-05-2007 17:52:50

I do agree with you! There are no fool proof ways to ensure you green. Many factors involved, including the offer, site, and the persons knowledge of clearing cookies/files etc... However, the better armed a person is, the more chance of success they will have.

My only goal here is to help out with some issues that people have been having that I myself found useful. I'm in no way saying that my way is the only way or the best way, or that I am smarter than any other person on this forum, (Lord knows I have my blond moments) just trying to be helpful where I can.

You have done well for yourself, and I think many of us that aren't there already, hope to be where you are in time, and learning is part of that process.

Congratulations on your success, and I hope you keep going strong D

Margot wink

chrome89k

12-05-2007 21:05:00

always a helpful, cheerful margot... power to you

ps i still think you should be a model

seriouschase

14-05-2007 06:58:43

[quoteea0365dcf5="chrome89k"]
ps i still think you should be a model[/quoteea0365dcf5]

same!

Thanks for letting me know this because im brand to to the freebies

mwh2007

17-05-2007 21:01:22

I'll definitely check for a folder I missed. I wound up with some offers crediting that I didn't think went through, so had three 1/2 offers when I only needed two. I would have thought as an IT pro, I would not have overlooked any as I know most of the hidden locations on XP, but hadn't thought of using the search function.

Off topic - when would I bump a thread and how is it done? I see it all over the place but wasn't sure how it is accomplished.

Margot530

18-05-2007 08:53:40

[quote2cad8da9a0="mwh2007"]I'll definitely check for a folder I missed. I wound up with some offers crediting that I didn't think went through, so had three 1/2 offers when I only needed two. I would have thought as an IT pro, I would not have overlooked any as I know most of the hidden locations on XP, but hadn't thought of using the search function.

Off topic - when would I bump a thread and how is it done? I see it all over the place but wasn't sure how it is accomplished.[/quote2cad8da9a0]

Hope it works for you! I wish I had half your knowledge...I'd be doing people a lot more justice, not to mention my own crediting boo boo's wink

With regards to bumping, as soon as you submitted your reply to this, it was bumped to the top...it's only a matter of responding to a thread, just as you did here. It moves the topic to the top of the 1st page.

And to all of you that think I should be a model oops making this simple down home country gal blush...very sweet!

Margot D

onestepback

19-05-2007 11:03:22

Holly Cow I had 243 cookies in another folder on my other harddrive!

I normally never have a problem crediting with firefox but the last two offers I did roadloans (approved btw) and another one I forget did not credit, so this may have solved my problem. '

Thank you

chrome89k

19-05-2007 11:06:15

[quote3fef2fc08e="onestepback"]Holly Cow I had 243 cookies in another folder on my other harddrive!

I normally never have a problem crediting with firefox but the last two offers I did roadloans (approved btw) and another one I forget did not credit, so this may have solved my problem. '

Thank you[/quote3fef2fc08e]

just to add to that... my friend just recently deleted his cookies because his very first offer did not credit... his family had NEVER cleared cookies... it took 15 minutes to clear all cookies.. not only did his next offer credit, but his internet went faster TOO...

Margot530

20-05-2007 10:23:45

That is so great to hear onestepback and chrome89k....so glad it got cleaned up, and will probably have a lot less trouble greening! That's so awesome to hear that I actually am helping...that's my goal D

Keep me posted, and would love to hear more success stories!

Margot wink

mwh2007

21-05-2007 17:06:47

I did a cookie search and only found a hidden folder listed under "default user" that I already knew about.

For what it might be worth, If you are running IE7, take a look at where your temporary internet files are located. This can be found by opening the internet options control panel and clicking on the "settings" button for browsing history on the "general" tab. Once the settings window is open, you can click on the "view files" button.

If you sort the resulting window by file type (click on the type tab) you will see a list of text files with "cookie" in the name either at the top or bottom of the window. If they are on the bottom, I simply click the type tab again to bring them to the top by switching the sort order.

Typically, you might see xml documents before the text documents (which are mainly cookie files) depending on how recently you deleted temporary internet files. If you leave this window open and click the "delete cookies. . ." button on the delete browsing history window, you should see the cookie files disappear D Clicking the "delete files. . ." button will remove the remaining files in the folder. I often leave this window open between offers and refresh the screen to confirm that new files have been deleted. If you don't refresh the screen, you might think there are no files present in this folder when there actually are.

I also noticed that I could not find this folder by looking for it with Windows explorer (even with hidden files visible) but it can be opened through the internet options control panel or by opening the start menu, then clicking "Run. . ." and entering the following "C\Documents and Settings\xxx\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files"

Just make sure you replace the xxx with your username.

I have noticed that even with clearing everything in proper sequence, an offer still might not credit cry Perhaps I should try keeping the confirmation page open for a full 10 minutes+ and see if that increases my offer credit success. I just noticed one site which indicated offer credit takes about 10 minutes. The sites I did previously just said "instant"

Sweetmama

21-05-2007 17:27:54

FYI - I had been clearing cookies on my login, but not my husbands and admin. I deleted everything except the index.dat file for each. Hope this helps! Never dawned on my to clear those files, not sure if it'll matter but it cant' hurt.

Margot530

21-05-2007 18:32:59

More awesome info mwh2007! Sure it will help many, and that is what we all need ...that extra something that gives us a better chance of greening.

I found another useful bit of info that may seem obvious to some, but it never occurred to me till today.

I had started a site, cleared my cookies and files, and for some reason, after checking my files to make sure there were no cookies, I double checked it again....found a ton of cookies that weren't there before. Tried it again with the same result. So in other words, I checked my files just as I normally would, and then rechecked them after closing the tools boxes...this is where I found the other cookies....hope this makes sense. Somehow, they didn't show the first time, but just before I was about to go ahead and click on the offer, I checked again and found them.

I did a disk clean up, and this helped, but found out my problem was this simple...I had other tabs open, and they were attaching cookies on as I closed the internet tools boxes. So for new and old alike, keep only your FIPG forum open along with the site you are going to do the offer on.

May seem so obvious it's dumb, but I bet there are people out there that didn't know this, even my yahoo mess was getting in the way...get rid of all open tabs, even those hidden in your tool bar.

Thanks again for all your input, I love all the response and useful info from techy's which I'm not wink ...just learning as I go, and want to help others learn these things first, before they make the mistakes I have!

Much success to you all!

Margot D

mwh2007

21-05-2007 18:51:16

[quote4006d06bf1="Margot530"]More awesome info mwh2007! Sure it will help many, and that is what we all need ...that extra something that gives us a better chance of greening. [/quote4006d06bf1]

Aww shucks, twernt nutin' oops

[quote4006d06bf1="Margot530"]So for new and old alike, keep only your FIPG forum open along with the site you are going to do the offer on.

May seem so obvious it's dumb, but I bet there are people out there that didn't know this, even my yahoo mess was getting in the way...get rid of all open tabs, even those hidden in your tool bar.[/quote4006d06bf1]

Depending on how you have IE7 set up and how web designers have placed the code in their pages, clicking a link can open a new tab within one browser or open an entirely new window. I have had better success with clearing my cookies and files after logging into FIPG forum, then visiting the offer site. Perhaps some of my "instant" credit issues resulted more from a lack of patience on my part than a cookie issue. After all, I had some sites credit an offer I swore I didn't complete correctly and others didn't credit that I know I got confirmation on.

Well, at least the learning curve is getting less steep every day. lol

sandra habina

21-05-2007 19:49:42

Margot thankyou for all this research and information you have given to us all. And I know it has helped so many.

Also I wanted to mention that I have read that you should wait on the landing page for 5-10 minutes each without wandering. Possibly that contributes to better crediting also.

Thankyou again Margot - you are awesome.

Margot530

21-05-2007 20:16:56

[quote0c3adc818f="mwh2007"][quote0c3adc818f="Margot530"]More awesome info mwh2007! Sure it will help many, and that is what we all need ...that extra something that gives us a better chance of greening. [/quote0c3adc818f]

Aww shucks, twernt nutin' oops

[quote0c3adc818f="Margot530"]So for new and old alike, keep only your FIPG forum open along with the site you are going to do the offer on.

May seem so obvious it's dumb, but I bet there are people out there that didn't know this, even my yahoo mess was getting in the way...get rid of all open tabs, even those hidden in your tool bar.[/quote0c3adc818f]

Depending on how you have IE7 set up and how web designers have placed the code in their pages, clicking a link can open a new tab within one browser or open an entirely new window. I have had better success with clearing my cookies and files after logging into FIPG forum, then visiting the offer site. Perhaps some of my "instant" credit issues resulted more from a lack of patience on my part than a cookie issue. After all, I had some sites credit an offer I swore I didn't complete correctly and others didn't credit that I know I got confirmation on.

Well, at least the learning curve is getting less steep every day. lol[/quote0c3adc818f]

I have had the same issues...a credit that was to take 3 days credited instantly, and one that was instant has never come in...manual credit, kept the service, etc... over 3 months now....it's amazing. And as Chrome pointed out, the sites do play about 1% in the crediting issue. I have found that the particular affiliate that advertises the offer on the site can also have an effect. Keep the great info coming!

And thank you Sandy, I know I have some work to do with you girl!!! LOL

Margot wink

Margot530

28-05-2007 09:32:14

Going to give this a bump and try to let more new people read it...also read Bigwarbirds guide...Great info!

Margot wink

sandra habina

29-05-2007 23:13:58

BUMP THIS INFORMATION UP IT IS AWESOME

sandra habina

06-06-2007 00:40:22

this should be a sticky!

sandra habina

08-06-2007 23:05:32

bump this info up

Margot530

14-06-2007 05:25:00

[quote7110e7c020="sandra habina"]Margot thankyou for all this research and information you have given to us all. And I know it has helped so many.

Also I wanted to mention that I have read that you should wait on the landing page for 5-10 minutes each without wandering. Possibly that contributes to better crediting also.

Thankyou again Margot - you are awesome.[/quote7110e7c020]

I've started doing nearly the same, and found that it is good to get rid of that last cookie now also....a completely clean file, no cookies accept from the site you are working....has really improved my greening!

Margot wink

sandra habina

16-06-2007 00:23:49

bump this up for traders to read and learn.

Margot530

18-06-2007 02:35:20

During these times ahead, the more knowledge the better for all...please add anything you believe to be of help to your referrals, or anyone of us for that matter...LOL

Margot wink

BLUETHUNDER01071973

19-06-2007 00:21:29

ok thnks margot i did what u said but what about the trades u didnt get credit for . what do u do about them...do u forget about them or go back to the site and redo it or what are the steps??????????

Margot530

22-06-2007 22:17:56

[quote5fdb2c9de1="BLUETHUNDER01071973"]ok thnks margot i did what u said but what about the trades u didnt get credit for . what do u do about them...do u forget about them or go back to the site and redo it or what are the steps??????????[/quote5fdb2c9de1]

[u5fdb2c9de1][b5fdb2c9de1]EDIT[/b5fdb2c9de1] Although I don't have a list, some sites have worked it out with their affiliates to allow manual credits or MCR's now![/u5fdb2c9de1]

So sorry I didn't see this till now. oops

As of this time, you can't submit for manual credits, so if an offer went through as in getting charged for it, and possibly a confirmation e-mail, and still didn't credit, your choices are these, either have a bit of patience, or complete another offer.

Some that say "instant," may not show for 3 days, but that is unusual. One thing to remember also is that if you signed up for an offer that has a web site, you may need to visit it....and should. This will not only help you see what the offer has for you, but confirm your interest in it, which also can contribute to crediting.

If an offer did not credit, but you were charged, you can not repeat it, as that would be duplicating an offer or more simply put, completing an offer twice, which is offer fraud, and will put you on hold...never ever complete an offer twice, unless you were not charged and get permission through support ticket after explaining the circumstances. That way if they give you the go ahead and you were honest (this is not a pointed finger but a warning to all), then you will have proof of their allowing it, should an issue arise later. Always be honest, if an offer charged you but you didn't get credit, it will still show as offer fraud if you complete it again.

Unfortunately this is part of the risk we take with the crediting, and why I am so fierce about trying to give people all the help I or others post here a chance to see and utilise. We all need the help, as it is not just new folks experiencing issues.

Thanks so much for asking this question, and again I apologize for not being on top of it!

Margot wink

Margot530

28-06-2007 14:16:41

back up please...we need all the help we can get!

Margot wink

sandra habina

02-07-2007 15:43:02

BUMP UP THIS INFORMATION - I HAVE MANY NEWBIES ASKING

jaycie1230

03-07-2007 19:43:24

super person who goes out of her way to help a new user! unbelievable helpful! thank you so much margot!

darthwaiter

05-07-2007 23:55:44

hey everyone, darthwaiter here!

I just thought I'd add my 2 cents. It seems that most of you are PC users, and I don't doubt the suggested cookie clearing procedures are correct.
However, for those using Macs, with Firefox, you need to go to

Preferences-->Privacy-->Cookies or Cache and follow the instructions.

Any questions, click on the ? icon for further explanations and directions.

I'm only sending this because there may be others out there like me.

sandra habina

08-07-2007 21:55:25

bumping this info up - I send many new traders here to read this information. Thanyou so much Margot.

sandra habina

13-07-2007 17:03:07

bump up

sandra habina

18-07-2007 13:13:28

New traders read this - it helps.

Margot530

19-07-2007 06:09:34

[quote1fdf6cfca6="darthwaiter"]hey everyone, darthwaiter here!

I just thought I'd add my 2 cents. It seems that most of you are PC users, and I don't doubt the suggested cookie clearing procedures are correct.

I'm only sending this because there may be others out there like me.[/quote1fdf6cfca6]

Thanks you so much for this...I am not a Mac user, though as you state, many are, and it is a completely different procedure. You might want to start a guide for those using Macs, if you have the time, as many would surely benefit from it!!! I'm afraid I'm a bit usless in that regard... lol

And thank you Sandy for keeping this info up in front, as have many people just starting out that are eating it up. So many people have contributed wonderful information, and it has all helped so many!

Thanks to all again for all your awesome input D

Margot wink

sandra habina

22-07-2007 14:09:29

Up this goes

Margot530

04-08-2007 20:32:13

[bb41fed156c]Upsy daisy[/bb41fed156c]![/colorb41fed156c][/sizeb41fed156c]

momex

05-08-2007 00:32:23

Hello everyone-

I've recently had the same issue that's being discussed in this thread- successfully completed several offers when starting out (all crediting within an hour in my case), and then suddenly not getting credit for offers. I've been looking around at several of the forums, found some helpful info, and finally found this thread, but I still haven't found all the answers I need.

I understand that sometimes the offer, the site, etc. may be at issue, but I'd like to make sure I do everything I can to get credit.

On the FLR forum I found a thread indicating that IE7 is not "great" for crediting and that IE6 is better because it's less "secure." I've read mixed reviews regarding this issue. Does anyone know anything about this?

Also, on FLR there was another post indicating that if you have McAfee virus scan (which I have) that there are a few settings that could prevent offers from crediting even when McAfee is disabled. I don't have the same version of McAfee as the person who posted on FLR (I have a "standard" version that comcast provided me with their broadband internet service) . I couldn't find any settings in my McAfee program that would prevent cookies from crediting, even after disabling McAfee (except, liperhapsli, a PUP -Potentially Unwanted Program- protection feature that detects, blocks, and removes spyware, adware, and other programs that gather and transmit your private data without your permission, though I'm assuming this gets disabled when I disable McAfee). If anyone could shed some light on this issue, it would be helpful. The link to that thread on FLR re McAfee

http//www.freelunchroom.com/board/showthread.php?t=152293&highlight=virus

I'm using IE7 with Windows XP Pro, SP2. I'm using the firewall that comes with Windows XP. I didn't find any extra settings that could affect crediting when disabling Windows firewall.

Also, in IE, in Internet Options, there's a tab for security (which addresses security settings for different "zones"). I've not seen any mention in any of the help topics about this feature. Mine has been set to "Medium-High" for the internet zone . Could this be an issue?

mwh2007 provided some great info a few posts back regarding where cookie files are located. I was surprised to learn that the cookie files on my computer are found in two locations a "hidden" cookies folder and a "hidden" temporary internet files folder, both of which do not appear when doing a file search in Windows. The Temporary Internet Files folder, as mwh2007 pointed out, is also accessible through IE (via Internet Options- browser history settings-view files), and, of course, contains other types of temp internet files. Both of these "hidden" folders contain the same cookies (so when you clear cookies, you clear the cookies in both folders). Both folders can also be found in Windows Explorer, but you have to actually type in the file folder name in the address bar (after C\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\etc...) and the folder "magically" appears in the folder list. This may be old news to some, but new to me, even though I'm fairly computer savvy.

The thing is, when I do a search for "cookie" on my computer, I find three
cookie folders (besides the "hidden," active folder I mentioned above) - two have a .daturl==http://=http:///url file that was last modified 6/2/2006 (and have no other files), and one has a .daturl==http://=http:///url file and 4 cookie files that were last modified 8/12/2006. Obviously these folders and files have not been used in over a year (and this was about the time that I upgraded my computer from Win98 to XP). Windows search turned up a few other files that have the word "cookie" in them (some are .png,url==http://=http:///url .sol,url==http://=http:///url & .pyurl==http://=http:///url files). My question is if any of these files and folders might be affecting crediting.

Again, perhaps the problem could be the offer itself as there are some offers that don't credit, but it's helpful to know for sure that we're doing things right on our end and the we can be assured of obtaining the best crediting ratio. If anyone has any information regarding the issues I've presented here, I (and others) would greatly appreciate it. Thanks very much!

Margot530

05-08-2007 07:48:06

Hi there momex!

We need people like you to add helpful info to this thread!

I am no expert at all and have been taught the old fashioned way...trial by fire, LOL.

I would be willing to bet that having your security/privacy bar at med high is at least a good part of your issue. Most have it all the way down in order to accept [bcaa832676a][ucaa832676a]all tracking cookies.[/ucaa832676a][/bcaa832676a]

Please correct me if I'm wrong, true techies out there, but I believe that .daturl==http://=http:///url files are ones you need and want, so you are fine there.

Some sites are having real crediting issues right now...for instance OGF, but they have implemented a program to get that worked out, as of yesterday, and seem to be having much success, even with retro crediting. Am glad for them and their users, as love the network, but had to stop using them due to the "crisis" issues the sites had been experiencing. Hope to get back there soon!

It is very true that some offers just aren't crediting like they should, and it's unfortunate for us, and not a profit for the sites either, even if you were charged, which is more than likely. Generally speaking, most sites would like to know if an offer isn't crediting, so they can weed out the ones that seem to have a higher than normal neg crediting ratio. A simple support ticket, with the information, will help us eliminate the bad eggs. Just let them know why you are doing it, so they don't think you are another whiner, that doesn't understand that there is risk involved. roll

All other peeps out there that could be of better help to momex, please join in!

Thanks so much!

Margot wink

Jeremiah1218

06-08-2007 01:31:00

First of all I would like to say this is great info Margot, definately helps people out to be more successful with their credits. In regards to your post Momex, your security bar should be all the way at the bottom while you are completing offers "accept all cookies" I think it says. As for the windows firewall, I would also turn that off while completing offers because I have heard that certain firewalls may block offers from crediting. For McAfee, I am pretty sure if you disable it and completely shut everything down you should be all right. I do not use that program myself so I do not know too much about it, but I know at the least it should be turned off along with all other anti-virus, anti-spyware, pop-up blockers, firewalls, etc...

Here is what I do now when completing offers and it has worked just about every single time. If using IE, go to Tools->Internet Options at the top of your browser window and click "Delete Cookies" and hit Yes, then "Delete Files" and place a check in the box that says "Delete all offline content" and click Yes, and then click on "Clear History" toward the bottom of that window and click Yes. The next thing I do is open my cookies folder by clicking Start->My Computer->Local Disk C->Documents and Settings->(Your User Name)->Cookies. Once your cookies folder is open make sure it is empty aside from an "Index" file you will probably see in there. As long as this folder is empty you should be all right to complete your offer. Open up only the site to the offer you are completing. The way I do it to avoid extra cookies being added to my folder is by already having the trade module in FiPG open when I am about to clear my cookies/files. After I clear everything I just click directly on the link for the site I am completing through the trade module. This makes it to where I do not have to open any extra IE windows which would add some extra unneeded cookies on my computer and could cause crediting issues as you all probably know. The best thing to do is to check out the offers before hand so you know exactly which ones you are going to complete when you go to complete that site. Go to the offer page and click on whichever offer you wish to do. Make sure you allow every page to load completely, and as the site of the offer loads, go to your cookies folder (leave this folder open the whole time) and check to see whether the site of the offer you are completing placed a cookie in your folder. Sometimes there will be multiple cookies, but if they are all from the same site its OK. Basically as you complete the offer, watch and make sure all the cookies are being added to your folder. If they are not, and you have not entered your CC info yet, clear all your files and start over again as you will most likely not get credit. Finally, wait on the confirmation page of the offer you just did for at least 2-3 minutes and be sure to let everything load fully. Complete these steps before EVERY offer you do, as it is always good to have a clear cookies folder when starting an offer. Also, if you happen to look at an offer and decide not to do it anymore, clear all your files and start from the beginning because even just viewing the offer will put cookies in your folder. I hope this helps out for you guys, and feel free to add this info to your OP Margot. I have been doing it this way for a little while now and have been having great luck with my offers coming through.

momex

06-08-2007 18:05:49

Hello again, everyone-

Thanks for your attention to this issue (and to my post). I do everything that has been suggested here and in all the tutorials for doing offers. I was just wondering if there was anything else that may have slipped under the radar that could affect crediting.

There is one thing I'd like to clarify here. In internet options in IE, there is a tab labled "privacy" which is where you adjust the settings for cookies. This, of course, should be all the way down. There is a seperate tab called "security," right next to "privacy," which appears to be a more general security level feature. This is the one I was actually referring to in my last post. There are 3 settings for this one high, medium-high, and medium. I'm not sure exactly what this targets, but based on everything that has been discussed in this thread, I'm going to assume that this should be set as low as possible as well. In general, the less security we have when doing offers, the better.

One other thought- some routers have built-in firewall protection that limightli cause crediting problems. Usually, the firewall feature is turned off by default, and can be activated or deactivated when configuring the router (check router manual for details). I know this is getting really detailed, but it might be something to check into if anyone is having serious crediting issues.

Any new insights are always appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Jeremiah1218

06-08-2007 18:39:12

Yeah momex, I would have the security as low as possible while completing the offers. As for the router you are correct...unless you know for a fact your router does not have a firewall built in or blocks anything, it is probably your best bet to try and have the modem connected directly to the computer while doing your offers just to be safe.

sandra habina

17-08-2007 19:12:23

I SENT MANY NEW TRADERS TO READ THIS INFO. I WANT THEM TO BE ABLE TO FIND IT - SO UP IT GOES.

sandra habina

01-09-2007 14:50:28

up to the top so more newbies can read it

sandra habina

07-09-2007 11:18:34

up to the top

sandra habina

13-09-2007 20:32:29

Bump up

sandra habina

24-09-2007 08:56:44

I just used this method again - had to read this post to refresh my memory. Thankyou again Margot. I want all new traders to be able to see this. So it is going up to the top.

Margot530

06-10-2007 02:13:20

[quotee059a21348="sandra habina"]I just used this method again - had to read this post to refresh my memory. Thankyou again Margot. I want all new traders to be able to see this. So it is going up to the top.[/quotee059a21348]

You know I came here for that very reason. I am trying to help a user that has a Mac. I could have sworn that there was a post for Mac's from some one that was being real helpful, and now I can't find it. YIKES !!

I will have to dig a bit more thuroughly.... oops

Margot wink

ldybug1752

06-10-2007 11:55:27

[quote910c44a3aa="darthwaiter"]hey everyone, darthwaiter here!

I'm only sending this because there may be others out there like me.[/quote910c44a3aa]

Here ya go Margot )

Margot530

06-10-2007 14:51:15

[quote4a2b14e0d5="ldybug1752"][quote4a2b14e0d5="darthwaiter"]hey everyone, darthwaiter here!

I'm only sending this because there may be others out there like me.[/quote4a2b14e0d5]

Here ya go Margot )[/quote4a2b14e0d5]

That is wonderful! Thank you so much!

Margot D

sandra habina

17-10-2007 22:44:20

[quotec39d2cdc1d="weebles_five"]This is the best info. I had been having the same problem until Margot and Sandra told me what to do. This should be the "bible" of doing credits.

Thanks D[/quotec39d2cdc1d]

Bumping this up so more new traders can find it easier. D D D D

sandra habina

09-11-2007 21:49:10

[quote598df71989="Margot530"][quote598df71989="aeyz"]margot you have totally helped me a lot!

thanx a lot![/quote598df71989]

To be honest, I always make an effort to check and double check all of the hidden files...not all things are taken care of through disk clean up though much of it is...you will find that many types of cookies and adware are tenacious and have the ability to cling on to your comp. Better to be safe then sorry, and take control or your files before they control you!

I'm so glad that this has helped so many! Crediting issues are the most frustrating thing when first starting out, and when you have been on the other side for a while and find yourself wanting to complete a site for someone else, whether for trade or paypal, and can't green??? What an embarassment that would be!

So glad I could be a help, D

Margot wink[/quote598df71989]bumping this up for others to read D

sandra habina

20-11-2007 01:47:13

[quote116a339228="sandra habina"]I am bumping this because I feel that the information that Margot has shared is wonderful for us all. Especially new traders. Thankyou Margot you are awesome[/quote116a339228]

I have also been told by site owners that it is important to wait on the landing page (thankyou/congrats) for the offer for 10-20 minutes without wandering.

Hope this helps. D

doylnea

20-11-2007 07:42:39

[quote1be21ba30c="sandra habina"][quote1be21ba30c="sandra habina"]I am bumping this because I feel that the information that Margot has shared is wonderful for us all. Especially new traders. Thankyou Margot you are awesome[/quote1be21ba30c]

I have also been told by site owners that it is important to wait on the landing page (thankyou/congrats) for the offer for 10-20 minutes without wandering.

Hope this helps. D[/quote1be21ba30c]

That's not really true - once the page loads fully, then you can close out, nothing is going to change by staying on the thank you page after it loads completely.

sandra habina

03-12-2007 06:05:42

Wow - when I first started I was instructed to just wait on the landing page 2-3 minutes, then I read make it 5-10 minutes, and then just recently a site owner told me to stay on it without wandering for 10-20 minutes. How can we be sure it loaded properly.

If it says DONE in the lower left corner -?? then it is safe to move on?

Thankyou in advance.

doylnea

03-12-2007 06:30:04

[quote0e00a199ff="sandra habina"]Wow - when I first started I was instructed to just wait on the landing page 2-3 minutes, then I read make it 5-10 minutes, and then just recently a site owner told me to stay on it without wandering for 10-20 minutes. How can we be sure it loaded properly.

If it says DONE in the lower left corner -?? then it is safe to move on?

Thankyou in advance.[/quote0e00a199ff]
If you're using Firefox, yes, once the page loads fully and the taskbar shows DONE, then you can close out.

samz465

03-12-2007 14:11:40

Well, sometimes a browser says "done" 2 to 3 times when it's loading a page.
It will say "done" for a quick second. So just to be safe, wait an extra minute after it says done.

sandra habina

04-01-2008 03:44:01

bump this up please

babetran

04-01-2008 07:07:35

Wow... Thanks all for all the good info.

sandra habina

16-01-2008 15:50:16

[quotebf953ea629="jaycie1230"]super person who goes out of her way to help a new user! unbelievable helpful! thank you so much margot![/quotebf953ea629]

Absolutely the truth Jaycie - Margot is always so very helpful. wink

sandra habina

28-01-2008 11:27:47

[quoteaf84b88cd4="Margot530"]Going to give this a bump and try to let more new people read it...also read Bigwarbirds guide...Great info!

Margot wink[/quoteaf84b88cd4]

Ditto - so more traders can find this info. )

sandra habina

17-02-2008 23:47:09

bumping it up so more can find it easier.

sandra habina

17-03-2008 12:48:59

AGAIN Please bump this up. I send many new traders to read these helpful Posts.

Karma to you Margot )

sandra habina

24-05-2008 15:38:50

BEEN AWHILE - GOTTA BUMP

kandisaffiliates

30-05-2008 18:37:34

I have used AVG for a number of years, not only will it find and delet these for you but it also protects you from viruses and other adware, malware and the likes.

The newest version 8.0 got things in places I forgot to look.[/size0d0b2970d5]

sandra habina

25-07-2008 01:20:26

What is AVG ?? Good info. ^^^

Lenn

12-08-2008 11:22:17

[b2f21a8624c]I'm totally new to all this stuff but your post was certainly on point. I think it's obvious that people are making money doing this, which is why I'm giving it a try. But I still have not gotten a grasp on how it really works.
Any suggestion? [/size2f21a8624c] oops [/color2f21a8624c][/b2f21a8624c]

ilikegreens

13-08-2008 07:55:14

I dont even clear my cookies and stuff, yet I dont come accross problems greening ;) I guess Im just lucky )

Twon

13-08-2008 07:57:08

Anyone have problems using Vista?

sandra habina

01-09-2008 00:10:14

GREAT INFO FOR MY NEW REFS. THANK YOU AGAIN MARGOT )

sandra habina

04-01-2009 01:23:23

Bumpage time so others can read info.

Margot530

20-01-2009 08:01:18

Hello everyone,

I'm back from a long vacation...missed all of this!

PostPosted Wed Aug 13, 2008 755 am Post subject No Icon
I dont even clear my cookies and stuff, yet I dont come accross problems greening Wink I guess Im just lucky Smile[/sizeb3c05809f7]

I wish we all had your "luck." lol I did very well when I first started, but it all just began to jam up on me. Here's hoping this information isn't necessary for you and keep up the good work!

Twon, I can't personally say if Vista would make a difference, but that is a very good question, and one I hope others can provide the answer to.

Lenn, I do hope you are still around and found the help you need. Unfortunately I have been on vacation, so did not see your post. There are many great traders here that would be very happy to help you along, and if you would like, PM me, and I will do everything I can to make this a enjoyable experience for you.

Hello Sandy. AVG is an anti virus/spyware/adware/malware program that offers a free 30 day trial. Depending on the version you have, it will give you the opportunity to accept cookies from a site or block the site entirely. I haven't used this while trading, so can't give any personal experience on the greening issue. Don't down load this if you currently have a anti virus program, unless you remove the other first, as they will conflict with each other. The same holds true with any other anti virus program as well.

Glad to be back!

Thank you, and happy trading to all,

Margot ;)

sandra habina

11-06-2009 01:48:05

bump it up