WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT A FRAUDULENT SITE? HELP!!!!!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=58976

mikeylikesit

06-04-2007 15:41:34

x Is this where I ask about fraudelent sites NOT crediting your offer? Here's the deal You complete an offer in good faith that the site says will be credited in 1 day. Then many days go by, still NO credit! Then you submit a "no credit request" complete with confirmation email w/headers that takes even MORE time. Then you check to see what the request ticket says only to find the statement "your credit was denied"---with absolutely NO explanation why! I sent ANOTHER support ticket asking for an explanation or I would notify our State Attorney General via a letter of Summation and Complaint alledging the site with fraud!

Has anyone experienced this rip off? cry

(By the way....the site in question here is cameras.yourgiftsfree.com)

mikeylikesit evil

ldybug1752

06-04-2007 16:01:36

Patience, my friend. Many times, offers will take that long to credit. I have a credit request that I'm waiting to recieve credit on from March 12th! It can take anywhere from a week to a month to recieve manual credit. The companies do what they can, but in the long run, it's the affiliates themselves who are not crediting you. Just be patient, and don't jump the gun with lawyers..you'll spend WAY more paying for that than just staying calm and waiting for it to credit. Hope this helps!

Brenon )

PS - yourgiftsfree is a good network, no fraud there (IMO)

mikeylikesit

06-04-2007 16:34:40

Evidently you did not even read my concern! I said I was denied a credit that I had done---period! With NO explanation whatsoever. Are you suggesting they are bona fide and should conduct themselves in this manner? I mean, c'mon! You advertise an offer in the confines of a site, and tell the public the offer will be credited same day, next day, 2 weeks from now---whatever! The point is there is massive falsification of info from these offers. Is it any wonder why the public feels the same as I do about this? As far as alerting lawyers or State Attorneys General about the scamming and outright deceit plaguing these sites, yes I absolutely will notify them! Making excuses for them is pretty sad!

YourGiftsFree

06-04-2007 16:42:40

[quote999d46522b="mikeylikesit"]Evidently you did not even read my concern! I said I was denied a credit that I had done---period! With NO explanation whatsoever. Are you suggesting they are bona fide and should conduct themselves in this manner? I mean, c'mon! You advertise an offer in the confines of a site, and tell the public the offer will be credited same day, next day, 2 weeks from now---whatever! The point is there is massive falsification of info from these offers. Is it any wonder why the public feels the same as I do about this? As far as alerting lawyers or State Attorneys General about the scamming and outright deceit plaguing these sites, yes I absolutely will notify them! Making excuses for them is pretty sad![/quote999d46522b]

Hi,

Please PM me your e-mail address.

Thanks

mikeylikesit

06-04-2007 16:56:56

And who might you be?

It's interesting that I am a member of this forum (admittedly for a short time) but you want my email addy.

All you have to do is look at my profile and there it is!

Sorry...I have no idea who you are but it appears you have some connection with the site in question here.

Tell you what you have my name, profile, email addy etc., why not
provide me YOUR name, etc. OK?

mikeylikesit

givmea1032

06-04-2007 17:09:08

He's the owner, read the tag. Sounds like he wants to help you out. So calm down a little, take a deep breathe, and relax. If you are gonna stroke out over this, I would definitely stop the freebie world. Wait until a person scams you.....

tinkerjenn

06-04-2007 17:10:17

there's no need to get snarky- He's trying to help you with your problem.

YourGiftsFree

06-04-2007 17:55:04

[quote2e48ceb582="mikeylikesit"]And who might you be?

It's interesting that I am a member of this forum (admittedly for a short time) but you want my email addy.

Sorry...I have no idea who you are but it appears you have some connection with the site in question here.

mikeylikesit[/quote2e48ceb582]

I am the owner of YourGiftsFree, if you would like assistance please pm me your e-mail address.

Thanks

dupebag

06-04-2007 18:20:02

This happened to me...don't worry YGF FINALLY came thru...and i thank him for that )

manOFice

06-04-2007 18:20:07

[quotea4b73b0806="mikeylikesit"]And who might you be?

mikeylikesit[/quotea4b73b0806]

people need to calm down...Yourgiftsfree has a policy that you have to wait 7 days even before submitting for manual credit..So it's gonna get denied no matter what. And if it says 1 day to credit...it's not a 100% guarantee it will.

Straight from his TOS

1. Receiving credit for an offer can not be guaranteed. If you believe that you have completed an offer correctly, please open a support ticket with your name, account name, e-mail address, offer completed, and the date that you have completed the offer. We will try to give you credit for that offer, but we can not guarantee that you will receive any form of credit.

ldybug1752

06-04-2007 18:36:47

I don't think you're quite suited for the freebie world. Everyone is just trying to help. I can't imagine what you'd be like if a someone ACTUALLY scammed you..it happens..

laurelwm

06-04-2007 20:14:18

YourGiftsFree is NOT a fraudulent site, and I agree that you don't particularly seem to be suited for freebie life. Sometimes offers don't credit right away, even when they are suppose to - that's life here. Especially if YOU didn't do everything right (like clear cookies, privacy settings, etc).

Then the owner of the site in question offers to help you and you freak out on him????? Perhaps this whole experience is really not for you.

And realistically, the State Attorney General would laugh you out of his office, assuming you ever got that far. YourGiftsFree does not guarantee any offer will credit - that's up to their affiliates.

My advice, either calm dowm and take YourGiftsFree's offer to help you, or go somewhere else....... far away from here.

Margot530

07-04-2007 22:43:56

Hi There and Welcome Aboard,

I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone, but your reaction is a bit a typical.

There are literally 100 or more people joining fipg everyday, and not one of them believes this is for real, and just knows they are going to get scammed, yet again.

I think we all came in with many neg thoughts and nervous jitters. This system is for real, and the sites are not out to get you. Most in fact will go out of their way to help you through a problem, if given the chance, and the owner is offering to do this very thing for you over the Easter Holiday no less.

Take things slow, learn your way around, and try to be more patient....
If you decide to stick around, you will need to develope some people skills, and adopt some professionalism. You have literally entered into a working environment, in which you will be dealing with a variety of personalities. Learning how to respond to each one in an appropriate manner takes some time, but flying off the handle just wont work.

Unfortunately, no matter what precautions you take, there will come a time when you will get scammed, but it will be with another trader, not a site owner. That's the truly disappointing side of all this; the few that can find new ways to outwit you.

I understand where you are coming from, but like many have said above, calm down, and have some faith. You will meet many great people here, make money, get awesome prizes, and even have some fun...That can't be all that bad, can it?

Above all, be patient. Keep in mind that it is us and our referrals that make the sites money; by treating us poorly, the are only cutting their own throats, not good business sense; yet I don't know anyone that will want to work "with" you if you can't show some curtesy.

Hang in there, have a great Easter! )

Margot

DIABLO

08-04-2007 05:30:00

Like everbody has said, they aren't frauding you. You do the offer and it they have to wait for the offer company to get back to them and say you did it, until then they can not credit you because if they aren't getting paid for it they can't pay you. It will credit as long as you wait for it. If your manual credit request was marked "Denied" it is because either you didn't wait 7 days before submitting it or they were denied credit from the offer.

sandra habina

08-04-2007 12:07:18

Kuddos to all the great responses. You would do well to heed the great advice you have been given - Mikeylikesit. Most people here are good, kind people who will help you. Don't jump the gun, there are rules in each sites' TOS - familiarize yourself before yelling fraud. Take the help when it is offered.

Good luck to you Mikeylikesit