Anyone having troubles with sony.v-bux.com?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=58617

stevejc

03-04-2007 09:51:26

I have completed my offers and have had 3 other people that have done the same for me. Now it seems that I can't get that 4th offer completed. Everyone who tries has one or more of their offers not being completed or given credit for by the site. I have had 4 people now start but can't finish the site. Is anyone else having trouble cashing out at this site like me?

manOFice

03-04-2007 09:59:33

Haven't seen anyone having troubles...referrals probably aren't doing it right....

laurelwm

03-04-2007 12:03:28

I just cashed out Sony (having done Apple and Logitech previously and working on Dell).

I have not had a lot of problems. Some of my referrals have has to put in a missing credit, but they seem to always come through. Maybe your referrals are not doing everything right???

Laurel

lexi_kaye

03-04-2007 13:46:29

I have been having a little trouble too with some of the vbux sites. I thought it was the people, as a lot of them are new. I feel bad, one guy is 80/100 done and requested manual credit but still hasn't seen it. I certainly hope he gets it. For my sake as well as him making money.

marketingman0069

03-04-2007 15:30:10

I'm having problems with sony. vbux. I filled out 3 offers to go green, 2 of which didn't credit and I'm waiting on manual credit requests, have heard nothing of course. Not to happy about this since I was VERY careful to do everything right.

biznistudnt

05-04-2007 12:48:49

I am so glad I am not the only one. This seems to be a recent problem because I searched the forums last week to see if anyone else was having trouble crediting. I myself went 70% green instantly on dell.v-bux but the last offer would not credit. I put in a manual request and after no response i PM'd v-bux jon and he hasn't been able to help. I have been very careful to complete all my offers perfectly and have not had any trouble with any other sites.
Also I was hoping someone can answer, The v-bux trade that I entered into is now trying to delete our trade even though I am still awaiting manual credit. Is this normal or acceptable because that means I will not get paid for the green yet the other person will still recieve the green? How does it work? Do I just except that v-bux messed up and take it as a loss or is the person i'm trading with doing something wrong?

gator1002

05-04-2007 20:20:02

If there wasnt a time limit on you going green and you are still in contact with your trade partner, no they cant delete the trade. If you go green a month from now they will still owe you for the green.

angie30

06-04-2007 14:58:54

I did 3 offers on this site for someone and only 1 credited. I did all of them slowly and did everything the right way. I just can't seem to get the other 2 offers to credit.

I put in a manual request and still nothing -- been over a week.

I email support and NO ONE has gotten back to me.

It would be nice if they at least recognized the email and said we received your request and were woking on it -- but nothing!! This is just bad customer service.

Margot530

06-04-2007 15:25:57

I posted this in another thread, but it might help here too. I think it will apply to new peeps more than the ones who have been at it awhile.

This may or may not be YOUR problem, but I know it was mine. I had no difficulty getting my first greens, then all of a sudden I'd get a green now and then....burned up a bunch of offers, and was always following the clear cookie/file tips to the "T."

While not in the midst of a "blond moment," I decided to do a search on my computer and found a hidden cookie file. It was loaded and I mean LOADED with cookies. I deleted it. Lost some important files, so had to do a soft restore...transferred the files that I needed to another folder and deleted the hidden cookie file again. My problem was solved.

You too may have a Hidden Cookie file, and not be aware of it. It will cause so many conflicts, and your offers just wont credit like they should. If you do find one, search it for files you want to keep before you delete it....learn from my mistake wink

Hope this helps some of you, )

Margot 8)

gator1002

06-04-2007 15:42:41

[quotefe517e906c="Margot530"]I posted this in another thread, but it might help here too. I think it will apply to new peeps more than the ones who have been at it awhile.

This may or may not be YOUR problem, but I know it was mine. I had no difficulty getting my first greens, then all of a sudden I'd get a green now and then....burned up a bunch of offers, and was always following the clear cookie/file tips to the "T."

While not in the midst of a "blond moment," I decided to do a search on my computer and found a hidden cookie file. It was loaded and I mean LOADED with cookies. I deleted it. Lost some important files, so had to do a soft restore...transferred the files that I needed to another folder and deleted the hidden cookie file again. My problem was solved.

You too may have a Hidden Cookie file, and not be aware of it. It will cause so many conflicts, and your offers just wont credit like they should. If you do find one, search it for files you want to keep before you delete it....learn from my mistake wink

Hope this helps some of you, )

Margot 8)[/quotefe517e906c] [bfe517e906c]where did you search for these hidden cookies??[/bfe517e906c]

Margot530

07-04-2007 06:39:56

Hey Gator,

Thanks for pointing out to me that there may be some people that don't know how to perform a "search."

I have windows xp, and your comp may be different also, but the search option is in the start menu. On my comp it is located in the lower left corner, and you should already be using this area to turn your computer off everyday.

Simply click on "search," and enter "cookies" into the blank search field. Make sure it searches your entire computer, Local C drive, hidden files/folders etc... It may come up with one or many files containing the word cookie in them. Find one or more that have a lot of kbs or even mbs (in my case it was mb). Open these files and see if there are lists of cookies in them. If so, carefully search for anything you may want to keep prior to deleting the file. Time consuming, but if there are files you loose that you wanted or needed to keep, better to put the time in to avoid having to do it anyway (not to mention the soft restore). Transfer the files you want to keep to another area, such as My Documents, and delete the entire cookie file. If I remember correctly my file came up as foxzilla, and literally said it was located in hidden files. Since I use EI, it already has a cookie file/folder, and what a mess it created.

There are some people on here that have a lot of knowledge regarding computers....and I would welcome any of them to correct me, add or explain an easier way....Please! LOL I'm not the most computer savvy person in the world wink

Hope this helps! D

Margot 8)

gator1002

07-04-2007 09:15:12

+Karma to you Margot. I think you may have just solved a lot of folks problem. I did as you sggested and had over 3000 cookies that wernt being deleted on my computer.

Margot530

07-04-2007 12:05:15

I am so glad it worked for you Gator! D

I am considering staring a thread on this, as many people seem to also have this problem.

And it appears that even traders that have been around awhile may benefit.

Thanks again Gator,

Margot 8)

tinkerjenn

07-04-2007 12:36:52

v-bux just seems to take FOREVER to credit..even on "instant" offers

Margot530

07-04-2007 15:16:53

[quote39ed4be48c="tinkerjenn"]v-bux just seems to take FOREVER to credit..even on "instant" offers[/quote39ed4be48c]

It's my understanding that once a crediting system is in place, that it is completely run by the computer servers soft/hard ware, and it can't be interrupted, for instance weekends, late night, and holidays have no affect. If it says "instant," it shouldn't take any longer than say 10 mins. to credit. Sometimes longer if the system is processing under high volume. But an hour is not unreasonable. I've had an offer that was supposed to be instant, credit the following day (shocked me). I suppose it is possible that svb has a setup that allows them to view the offers prior to processing for credit....I couldn't say if that is even possible. They would be the ones to ask. Or any comp techs out there....????

Unfortunately though, the reason we don't get credits like we should, is entirely on us. roll

Margot

mechmike

08-04-2007 15:06:51

I have been waiting more than a week for credit on dell vbux and sony vbux I made sure to clear all cookies before doing an offer as always but both sites gave me credit for part of the offers. I made sure to only do instant offers so I could get a fast green oops I then waited a day before submitting a credit request and sent in all the required information (confirmation emails including headers) now Im just waiting, waiting,waiting

not complaining just whining a little D Im sure it will get worked out eventually

tinkerjenn

08-04-2007 16:51:56

I've done mine and it seem 1/4 or maybe 2/4 actually credit on v-bux without having to submit a request. Unfortunately clearing cookies doesn't seem to make a difference.

biznistudnt

10-04-2007 02:22:17

[quotec19782dccc="Margot530"][quotec19782dccc="tinkerjenn"]v-bux just seems to take FOREVER to credit..even on "instant" offers[/quotec19782dccc]

It's my understanding that once a crediting system is in place, that it is completely run by the computer servers soft/hard ware, and it can't be interrupted, for instance weekends, late night, and holidays have no affect. If it says "instant," it shouldn't take any longer than say 10 mins. to credit. Sometimes longer if the system is processing under high volume. But an hour is not unreasonable. I've had an offer that was supposed to be instant, credit the following day (shocked me). I suppose it is possible that svb has a setup that allows them to view the offers prior to processing for credit....I couldn't say if that is even possible. They would be the ones to ask. Or any comp techs out there....????

Unfortunately though, the reason we don't get credits like we should, is entirely on us. roll

Margot[/quotec19782dccc]

Well Margot, since you asked for a comp tech i decided should clear things up for you. I don't run any of the sites and don't claim to, so how exactly it runs varies based on how the owner wants to do it. From a comp tech stand point the logical way I see it is that they obviously have a website, that website tracks links in cookies so the offer site knows how you got there. Then when the offer is complete it sends the owner of the site the information of who completed based on every persons unique referral link and the owner gets paid for you completing the offer. Depending on how high tech an owner decides how organized the incoming data is. This is also where owners have a lot of freedom, they can do anything from reviewing the data individually to make sure nobody is trying to scam them and how closely they inspect also changes how long it will take or even pass everyone thru and hope that the warning will scare people and only look for the obvious scammers. And I am sure there are owners who have a variety of sophisticated programs that exist to filter out specific signs of scammers. Factors like delays/technical issues in the offer sites system, delay/technical issues in owners system, short on help, expanding too quickly for owner, owner low on money so they trying to slow down payouts by not crediting offers, owner just made large purchase with profit and needs to slow down, owner/employees take vacations, or even bad organization. All of these or none of these can take varies sized parts in why sites are slow and can even be fast sometimes. You must also remember many of the free sites vary in there size of their companies, some are one person with one site and others can be 30+ employees/friends/family with 10 sites and many prizes.

I'm sorry for the lengthy response but I also read your other post and you just seem so misinformed and I have also seen other traders saying the same things you are in other threads so hopefully other people will understand better if they read this post. And Please any site owners feel free to correct or edit my post.

biznistudnt

10-04-2007 02:39:30

[quotea30acfbc53="Margot530"]Hey Gator,

Thanks for pointing out to me that there may be some people that don't know how to perform a "search."

I have windows xp, and your comp may be different also, but the search option is in the start menu. On my comp it is located in the lower left corner, and you should already be using this area to turn your computer off everyday.

Simply click on "search," and enter "cookies" into the blank search field. Make sure it searches your entire computer, Local C drive, hidden files/folders etc... It may come up with one or many files containing the word cookie in them. Find one or more that have a lot of kbs or even mbs (in my case it was mb). Open these files and see if there are lists of cookies in them. If so, carefully search for anything you may want to keep prior to deleting the file. Time consuming, but if there are files you loose that you wanted or needed to keep, better to put the time in to avoid having to do it anyway (not to mention the soft restore). Transfer the files you want to keep to another area, such as My Documents, and delete the entire cookie file. If I remember correctly my file came up as foxzilla, and literally said it was located in hidden files. Since I use EI, it already has a cookie file/folder, and what a mess it created.

There are some people on here that have a lot of knowledge regarding computers....and I would welcome any of them to correct me, add or explain an easier way....Please! LOL I'm not the most computer savvy person in the world wink

Hope this helps! D

Margot 8)[/quotea30acfbc53]

oh while im here let me just clear this up also, the majority of cookies are stored in hidden folders. When you delete cookies it deletes all cookies that your browser (in your case only IE) uses. Keep in mind that if you have multiple browsers they may share some cookies and not share others and that practically every site you visit will have cookies, they may be very small or large depending on what they do and what information they carry. So therefore the cookies that you found could be from the last time you deleted cookies, even if you didnt visit any freesites, because your'e still collecting cookies from other sites you visit and with your browser set to allow cookies and popups turned off you are collecting even more. Also if you have other browsers or had other browsers in the past you may have still had some old buried cookies and in this case you may be correct that they may or may not have an effect on the freesites, in my opinion I doubt any old buried cookies would effect the freesites but I am not sure on that, I may be wrong. Again, I'm only human, I make mistakes, so anyone that feels im wrong please feel free to correct or edit me.