Offer sites that never end!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=58584

LDSXena

03-04-2007 00:21:06

I am in the middle of a Blockbuster transaction powered by Marketlabs.net, inc. I signed up for Blockbuster and I'm at a screen that is trying to give me a gift card when I sign up for passport to fun. There's no way to say no thank you. I've attempted a couple transactions through Marketlabs.net and everytime I don't sign up for every single one of their offers (I had a string of 4 before I said no when there was an opportunity.) I don't get credit for the original offer I signed up for. Anyone know how to get around this? I wouldn't mind the Blockbuster offer but I'm not willing to sign up for 20 other offers off this one offer and disqualify myself to get credit for the sucessive offers. Any advice from the veterans?

soon2bbriz

03-04-2007 01:40:05

[quote885b45b4d7="LDSXena"]I am in the middle of a Blockbuster transaction powered by Marketlabs.net, inc. I signed up for Blockbuster and I'm at a screen that is trying to give me a gift card when I sign up for passport to fun. There's no way to say no thank you. I've attempted a couple transactions through Marketlabs.net and everytime I don't sign up for every single one of their offers (I had a string of 4 before I said no when there was an opportunity.) I don't get credit for the original offer I signed up for. Anyone know how to get around this? I wouldn't mind the Blockbuster offer but I'm not willing to sign up for 20 other offers off this one offer and disqualify myself to get credit for the sucessive offers. Any advice from the veterans?[/quote885b45b4d7]

at the top of the passport to fun page where the offer for the giftcard is, it should say thanks for your order or something to that effect. i think what i usually did was leave that page up for about 5-10 min and then just close it. it seems like i remember that page being your order confirmation page. someone correct me if i am wrong. i know that you do not have to do those offers to get credit for the passport to fun offer.

lexi_kaye

03-04-2007 04:38:08

I do the same thing, I just leave the page up for a little while to make sure it has registered and then close it.

cubbieco

04-04-2007 19:09:44

Actually leaving it up shouldn't matter. Unless there is some type of flash/java application a web site doesn't know how long you stare at a window. You should make sure the window has completely loaded, so if there is any question of that then yes leave it up.

I've closed them after reading the information and not had any problems.

frediggy

04-04-2007 21:04:41

I would check for a confirmation email. These usually(not always, but usually) come just after you sign up. They just send you to that page when you are done with your offer hoping you will do that one too. If you got the confirmation, you should be fine. Plus, you can use it to get a manual credit.

leenely

05-04-2007 06:46:40

I have the same problem with Blockbuster, Columbiahouse DVD,and
Stamps.com.
I have 2 trades not complete because of no credit from them
All other offers, I just closed the extra offer page after it loaded and there was no problem. These 3 don't like to give credit.

Margot530

05-04-2007 09:20:46

[quote78108a97fa="leenely"]I have the same problem with Blockbuster, Columbiahouse DVD,and
Stamps.com.
I have 2 trades not complete because of no credit from them
All other offers, I just closed the extra offer page after it loaded and there was no problem. These 3 don't like to give credit.[/quote78108a97fa]

I've had a crediting problem with stamp.com, and had to submit manual credit, but none of the others.

Those ads that pop up aren't anything to worry about, if it doesn't give a "no thanks," option, (look around carefully, they like to keep that tiny and often grey) and the top of the page thanks you for your order, you can just close it out....but as others stated, make sure the page fully loads. I have done the wait thing too, not sure if it helps, but can't hurt.

Margot )

frediggy

05-04-2007 18:37:55

I had the same problem with stamps. com. Put in a manual credit request and weeks later put in a support ticket. Finally the site credited me even though they never did get an answer from stamps.com.

cubbieco

06-04-2007 00:52:14

The stamps and blockbuster worked for me, but not columbia house dvd. I think it partly depends on the moon phase and the alignment of the stars.