What is a "fresh friend" & what do sites think

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=58534

booklover1104

02-04-2007 13:04:55

Hi everyone...I'm wondering what the concept is behind the "fresh friend" green (i've got the gist, but not all the dynamics) and also what the freebie site owners think of the practice. I've recently had one of these greens go red and though the trader is in good communication with me, i'm still unsure what caused the red to begin with...something to do with TOS and these "friends".

Does anyone know?

O4F, I only called you out because I've seen you all over this forum and you seem very helpful and knowledgable.

Thanks for any explanations anyone can send me D

manOFice

02-04-2007 13:19:50

Hi, A fresh friend I can assume is say this.

Say I got a friend that is willing to do offers, but they don't have a fipg account. A person will represent this friend under them (tr). So say I have a friend...the person wanting the green will have to abide by my TR as I'm representing the trader. BUT the friend would be doing the trade on their own pc, their own cc, their own information, and no walk throughs. If someone says they have a friend and you do the trade with them and they go red...it's most likely because the friend did it on the same pc as their other friend.

Does this make sense? I've never heard of sites against this...just as long as their friend doing the offer follows all the rules.

booklover1104

02-04-2007 13:25:34

It does and thank you. It must have been an IP issue, then. The trader seemed to think it was the network that had a problem with the practice (and A4F for some reason), but may have been mistaken.

I appreciate the help

+karma

sandra habina

02-04-2007 14:31:34

May I ask - why wouldn't the other person (fresh friend) just not join themselves. What is the benefit of doing for someone else, why not for themselves?

manOFice

02-04-2007 14:35:55

[quote1e37c5e159="sandra habina"]May I ask - why wouldn't the other person (fresh friend) just not join themselves. What is the benefit of doing for someone else, why not for themselves?[/quote1e37c5e159]

Perhaps going first?

sandra habina

02-04-2007 14:38:39

[quoteea8078a5c0="O4F-Manofice"][quoteea8078a5c0="sandra habina"]May I ask - why wouldn't the other person (fresh friend) just not join themselves. What is the benefit of doing for someone else, why not for themselves?[/quoteea8078a5c0]

Perhaps going first?[/quoteea8078a5c0]

Oh, I see, I hadn't thought of that. Yes that could be a benefit. Thanks

Tholek

02-04-2007 14:47:46

Also, keep in mind, if you know someone who likes Blockbuster, and wants to try their online service, having them do a site to credit you or someone else is pain free. That's just another simple reason. There's also all kinds of possible bartering where a friend might do a green for you. Remember, there are people here with high TR ratings who may have done legitimate trades for the same sites over and over, because were only trading another persons green.

IIRC, this practice is called proxy trading, and is probably the most risky type of trades since the person you are trading with, assuming they're being honest, is not in control. That means they may not be doing the offer correctly in order to green etc.

Now, I'm not saying not to do these trades, but when the person states that "a friend" is doing it for them, you really have to dot all the i's and cross all the t's. There's no such thing as too many questions in this kind of trade.

manOFice

02-04-2007 14:51:01

[quote54eb22968b="Tholek"]Also, keep in mind, if you know someone who likes Blockbuster, and wants to try their online service, having them do a site to credit you or someone else is pain free. That's just another simple reason. There's also all kinds of possible bartering where a friend might do a green for you. Remember, there are people here with high TR ratings who may have done legitimate trades for the same sites over and over, because were only trading another persons green.

IIRC, this practice is called proxy trading, and is probably the most risky type of trades since the person you are trading with, assuming they're being honest, is not in control. That means they may not be doing the offer correctly in order to green etc.

Now, I'm not saying not to do these trades, but when the person states that "a friend" is doing it for them, you really have to dot all the i's and cross all the t's. There's no such thing as too many questions in this kind of trade.[/quote54eb22968b]

Agreed...I would probably only except a friend trade from a vet.