Two referals, same site?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=58496

aviendha47

02-04-2007 03:19:55

Hi all-

Question...
Say you follow someones referal link and sign in to see the offers but decide not to do any, can you, at a later date, follow someone elses referal link and do an offer? Whose referal link gets the credit?

Thanks
-L

gator1002

02-04-2007 04:46:42

If you didnt sign up the first time (Enter your info.) Then whoevers link you use and actually sign up with will get the credit.

Margot530

02-04-2007 05:44:19

That's right !

If you entered any personal info, like name, add, phone, bday, etc.. you can not sign up under someone else. You are permanently attached to that referrer until you complete an offer requirement. If you talk to the person who referred you, they can request that you be removed, but no guarantees...you may also try that yourself. Some site owners are very accommodating.

If ALL you did was check out the offers, then yes, you can sign up under another persons link.

Hope I helped! D

Margot

stueybaby17

02-04-2007 06:31:24

[quote0eac70f823="Margot530"]That's right !

If you entered any personal info, like name, add, phone, bday, etc.. you can not sign up under someone else. You are permanently attached to that referrer until you complete an offer requirement. If you talk to the person who referred you, they can request that you be removed, but no guarantees...you may also try that yourself. Some site owners are very accommodating.

[b0eac70f823]If ALL you did was check out the offers, then yes, you can sign up under another persons link. [/b0eac70f823]

Hope I helped! D

Margot[/quote0eac70f823]

For most sites. I would check with the site owner before doing that, just so they know and don't try to put you on hold for doing it.

manOFice

02-04-2007 10:01:53

I would not sign up again even if you did only look at offers. I would email the site and ask what you should do, as each site may look at it different.

Margot530

02-04-2007 12:22:38

I sure wasn't trying to be misleading...maybe what I meant to say didn't come across correctly...I meant that if no personal info was entered, and attached to a referral #, that the site should still be clean to do.

I've had people send me links without their ref# attached, and was able to check out the offers without having to put in any personal info.

This way if I didn't see any offers I could do, no harm no foul, we just didn't do the trade. Or we continued, with the link being updated with the referral #, and I then signed up.

Also many traders have lists of the offers on the sites to pass along; which can be very helpful.

Yes, if you are not sure whether or not you checked out the site under a referral, ask the site owner to investigate for you and don't sign up for that site until you know for certain.

Margot D

manOFice

02-04-2007 12:41:26

A good trader always lists the offers in their thread so there are no surprises or unneeded questions =P

aviendha47

02-04-2007 17:21:02

Margot, I like your idea to just go to the regular, unrefered site. I like to be able to see what there is to choose from in case I can't do anything for someone who's refered me.

Thanks everyone.

-L