Links

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=58449

shokesdogg

01-04-2007 16:06:16

Can someone explain the rule on links again? I see lots of people with links to freebie sites (although no referral links) and other sites such as dollar websites, sunglass websites, etc... (links where you can buy a product). Now do some people just choose to ignore the rule and get away with it or can you post links such as the ones above. Thanks for the help and pm me with info.

Tholek

01-04-2007 16:35:14

It depends on whether it's being spammed for self-promotion or not. Referral links obviously are.

gator1002

02-04-2007 05:20:21

And no please dont ignore the rules. The mods dont let anything slip by for long.

laurelwm

02-04-2007 17:45:43

[quoteeba2ecbe4e="shokesdogg"]Can someone explain the rule on links again? I see lots of people with links to freebie sites (although no referral links) and other sites such as dollar websites, sunglass websites, etc... (links where you can buy a product). Now do some people just choose to ignore the rule and get away with it or can you post links such as the ones above. Thanks for the help and pm me with info.[/quoteeba2ecbe4e]

If you are including a link to a freebie site (without a referral number) it is so people can check out the site before deciding on a trade. This is ok, as long as there is no referral number involved.

Don't know for sure about the other site links people have in their signatures and stuff??

Laurel

shokesdogg

03-04-2007 05:56:53

The best explanation I have received is as follows

"Any kind of affiliate or referral link, either in your signature, or listed in your profile is against the rules. Now, if you run a referral network or online store, then you could add it to either. However, if we see you contribute meaningless threads or posts to promote it, that's breaking the rules again.

Keep in mind, if you don't own the site, but are an affiliate or account holder, there's no place on this board that you are allowed to add that link. The only exceptions would be in PM responses to those who ask you for the link, or adding it to the trade module as part of a trade."