Paypal and credit cards

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=58280

GreyGiant

30-03-2007 20:04:27

I've used paypal on ebay several times, but it was a long time ago, and I have not yet used it to pay someone for a freebie referral. I don't have a lot of cash right now, and I'd like to use my credit card for most stuff. When I pay someone with a paypal account, do I have to actually have money in my paypal account, or will paypal just charge my credit card?

In other words, can I use my credit card to pay people to go green for me in paypal, or do I have to put money into my paypal acount and then have it go out?

moneymoneynow

30-03-2007 20:07:41

You need to have $$ in your paypal account to use it.

You can get money in your paypal account for going green. PM me to see how you can make a quick $15, sent directly to your paypal account TONIGHT!!

GreyGiant

30-03-2007 21:16:24

All right, thanks.

It looks like I'll have to go green for people for a while then.

laurelwm

31-03-2007 07:28:47

[quote1982316d37="GreyGiant"]I've used paypal on ebay several times, but it was a long time ago, and I have not yet used it to pay someone for a freebie referral. I don't have a lot of cash right now, and I'd like to use my credit card for most stuff. When I pay someone with a paypal account, do I have to actually have money in my paypal account, or will paypal just charge my credit card?

In other words, can I use my credit card to pay people to go green for me in paypal, or do I have to put money into my paypal acount and then have it go out?[/quote1982316d37]

If you have your PayPal set up with your credit card as your backup funding, it will draw from your credit card if you don't have the PayPal balance.

THe problem I forsee you having is finding people who will green for you with your 0 TR - the basic guidelines are that the lower TR goes first, which means you would have to pay upfront. If you are ok with that, I'd suggest picking people with a high TR who have been around a while and have a visible "presence" on the forum (post alot, etc).

You may want to consider trading site for site instead, at least until you get your TR higher. You'd still be expected to go first, usually, but you'd be signing up for new sites instead of paying cash.

Laurel

23deuce23

01-04-2007 18:07:36

Listen to what Laurel just said.