Within Trade time limit ??

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=58141

Sstaceyrae21

29-03-2007 08:17:48

I have a few trades that I really needed done right away and it was clearly stated in the trade - ex. $25 on green if green within 3 days

My problem is some of those credits needed to be submitted manually, so it is now going on 2 weeks. I have chosen to fill the referral with someone else, which is my choice. I know that I do not have to pay because trade was clearly stated within time frame, but 2 of these were very new traders and I don't want to seem like a total jerk - , how are the rest of you going about stating no payment, not within the time frame.
i want to be a "nice" trader. Am I being too naive?

lexi_kaye

29-03-2007 09:29:44

Personally, if I still needed the green, when they went green I would pay them for it. Sometimes I say $20 for green, $5 bonus for green within 3 days or something like that.

manOFice

29-03-2007 09:34:24

[quote880f9a1454="Sstaceyrae21"]I have a few trades that I really needed done right away and it was clearly stated in the trade - ex. $25 on green if green within 3 days

My problem is some of those credits needed to be submitted manually, so it is now going on 2 weeks. I have chosen to fill the referral with someone else, which is my choice. I know that I do not have to pay because trade was clearly stated within time frame, but 2 of these were very new traders and I don't want to seem like a total jerk - , how are the rest of you going about stating no payment, not within the time frame.
i want to be a "nice" trader. Am I being too naive?[/quote880f9a1454]

Personally I don't think 3 days is enough time....but i guess if thats what was stated in your agreement....

Sstaceyrae21

29-03-2007 09:38:37

I only have 2 like that and they were my last referrals that I needed before submitting. I wanted to make the submit for approval by friday deadline. Was I asking the impossible?

manOFice

29-03-2007 09:46:03

[quote4f428fe975="Sstaceyrae21"]I only have 2 like that and they were my last referrals that I needed before submitting. I wanted to make the submit for approval by friday deadline. Was I asking the impossible?[/quote4f428fe975]

Well not impossible I guess...but even if they did an instant offer...no guarantee it will be 100% instant.

gcabello

29-03-2007 10:00:45

You really need to ask a mod. or admin. because it is not always the persons fault for not going green right away. If they have gone yellow and are staying in constant contact with you and have stated that they have to wait for manual credit then they are doing their part. If they go out of contact then you can cancel.When I started in January and thought I was going to finish sites at super speeds but have learned since that alot of patience is required in this freebie world. I know it is frustrating but ask a mod. The last thing you want is to end up on the scammer board because someone stated that you did not pay them.

stueybaby17

29-03-2007 10:12:46

I think that if the person did an offer for you promptly and one that should credit in the right time frame (like an instant or a day) then they tryied to meet the requirement and that you should still stick by the trade. Maybe not the full $25 but an appropriate amount for the green. It isn't their fault that they need to submit for a manual credit.

Check with a mod though and let us know.

tweety73

29-03-2007 10:15:04

i agree with stueybaby17 and i agree that you should contact a mod.

Sstaceyrae21

29-03-2007 11:27:47

I know manual credits suck - I have 2 I myself am waiting for right now, I guess I guess I was wondering - is there a real INSTANT green. If not are people truely canceling the trade because of it?

sandra habina

30-03-2007 00:10:55

I have had many refs green instantly and then others that are waiting 3 weeks for the manual credit request. I don't know why but it happens. But yes there are instant greens.

laurelwm

30-03-2007 05:11:32

[quoted04d5994c5="Sstaceyrae21"]I have a few trades that I really needed done right away and it was clearly stated in the trade - ex. $25 on green if green within 3 days

i want to be a "nice" trader. Am I being too naive?[/quoted04d5994c5]

I know issues like this open a real "can of worms". I had a couple of trades that I did this way - I needed them finished really quickly and sent out PMs offering higher pay and a bonus, but they HAD to be done in 72 hours. One trader was not able to finish hers and I ended up submitting without her green. She was upset when I told her I was cancelling, so I checked with 4 different moderators and they all said that, since the details specifically said "72 hours" that I had the right to cancel. (but then her green credited before the site cashed me out, and they paid me for her, so I paid her anyway...........)

But I really really try not to do this, because honestly, any deadline within 2 weeks is probably unfair. If it's going to be done (especially with newbies) it is best to be VERY clear about what you expect (ie - if your offer doesn't credit right away you'll need to do another that will...)

So technically, you can cancel, but whether or not you should is up to you.

Laurel

Big War Bird

30-03-2007 05:21:04

When I put I time limit on a trade I only do it to ward off people that are not serious and I would never cancel on some one that is putting in an honest effort, no matter how long they took to green. I will always pay for greens, even terribly late ones. I don't want anyone dealing with me to walk away empty-handed.

gator1002

30-03-2007 20:34:09

here here War bird.