Not replying

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=58007

Sstaceyrae21

27-03-2007 20:39:12

I have a few traders that are reading my PM's but not replying when I asked mult times - they are all yellow but no one is letting me know if thye have completed a site or submitted for manul credit or what. Do I still need to wait the 14 days to cancel the trade?

Hunter_82

27-03-2007 21:02:51

Unless you stated otherwise in the trade module or in an agreement beforehand...yes you are suppose to wait for 14 days. You can choose to replace these referals if you don't feel that they are going to follow through...however if any of them go green before the 14 days are up you would have to pay them.

laurelwm

28-03-2007 04:56:07

[quote774e7cbba6="Hunter_82"]Unless you stated otherwise in the trade module or in an agreement beforehand...yes you are suppose to wait for 14 days. You can choose to replace these referals if you don't feel that they are going to follow through...however [b774e7cbba6]if any of them go green before the 14 days are up you would have to pay them[/b774e7cbba6].[/quote774e7cbba6]

Not exactly correct. It doesn't matter if they go green in 3 months - as long as they stay in touch and you have not specified a time limit [b774e7cbba6]in the Trade Module details[/b774e7cbba6] you will still be required to pay them.

If they are out of touch for 14 days and you have attempted contact at least once in the first 7 and at least once in the 2nd 7, then you may cancel the trade. I usually send something on the 13th day saying -

"I have not heard from you in xx days, despite PMs on x/xx and x/xx. If I do not hear from you by x/xx I will be cancelling our trade and will owe you nothing, even if you later green."

I also usually list in the Trade details something like "Trade will be cancelled if not green in 45 days" - long enough to be fair even with manual credit, but an out in case it takes forever.

Laurel