What I have learned my first week. For fellow newbies.

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=57943

moneymoneynow

27-03-2007 08:30:10

Welcome to the forum! A couple of things I've learned since I have joined.

DELETE YOUR COOKIES! It is not just a good idea. Not doing so will cause you problems in getting credit for offers. Also, delete them frequently, I do it after each trade to stay safe. I had a bad day not too long ago because of this.

Keep track of the offers you complete. I have been sending the links to these offers to my desktop. You don't want to get hit with a $99.95 charge to your account at the end of the trial period, unless of course you want the product or service after the free trial is over.

Create relationships with traders who treat you well. I have a kid (@ 18 years old!) who helped me with my first offer and paid me quickly. We will continue to do business. (Thanks chrome89K). I can also recommend carlennj, secondjob, and jennywhitley. There are others, but I have had a positive experience with these traders. There are a select few traders who are either difficult to deal with (rude, unhelpful, unresponsive) or are flat out here to rip you off. Check TR's and Karma points. Most importantly, check the forums regularly and read the threads. You will quickly discover who the best traders are.

Some of the FREE offers actually include $1 or more processing/S&H fees. Be sure to read the terms and conditions on each offer. Also, make sure you don't pay out more in processing/S&traders than you are getting for the offer. Seems logical, but you could stumble on it if your not carefully reading terms.

Look for offers that pay on GREEN, not on approval, unless you trust the trader you are working with and you know how many approvals you have left. However, this is just for your first couple of trades in order to establish a positive cash flow. Once you have made some $$, paid on approval is OK, and actually preferred by many veteran traders to protect themselves against traders going RED. Understand that there are a few people who come in to these forums to RIP PEOPLE OFF! Those of us who have decided to stay and do this for a while are becoming more leary of new members because so many go RED.

Also, approval trades are often more lucrative. Once again, building relationships is key. Paid on green does you no good if the trader you are dealing with cashes thet site out and quickly disappears without paying you. Find the veterans and work with them.

READ THE RULES! They are there to help you. If you are confused by any of them, post a message in the Help forum. Someone who knows the answer to your question will respond.

The real money is in cashing out sites. Build up you trade record and KARMA at first, then use your good standing to help you get referrals. Use the money you used going green to pay for them, and you will maintain a positive cash flow.

If you think you are going to quickly erase a $15000 credit card debt, or be able to quit your job by doing this, you are wrong. There is definitely money to me made here, but this is not a get rich quick opportunity. It is, however, fun and profitable.

And most importantly, do NOT drink chloral hydrate from the bottle when you have a pus-filled boil on your butt. Things will go very badly for you.

Hey, if you found this post helpful, please go to my profile and give me some Karma! It is a great way to show people appreciation on this forum. I do it after good, quick, unfettered trades.

jonohull

27-03-2007 09:25:21

I would have to object to one part of your thing here. You can't just expect to be paid on green every time. You need to earn the right to do that. If you're really serious about freebies, you'll wait for approval on your first few trades, because you know it'll pay out in the long run. I've been scammed by paying on green before, and I don't trust anyone anymore.

condra

27-03-2007 10:47:02

yeah i think that now you noobs ) should expect pay on approval...too many scams those days

Excel

27-03-2007 11:13:52

Paying on approval was actually never really a standard, even for new members, until the huge influx of new members in December - January. Before that, most people paid on green regardless of TR, and to see someone ask to wait until approval was a very rare sight.

d11m

27-03-2007 11:29:23

lol not trying to scare anyone but EVERYBODY will be scammed at one point even if you take ALL the precautions
that's a risk you should understand/accept in this kind of business

jonohull

27-03-2007 11:30:45

[quote901baa8936="d11m"]lol not trying to scare anyone but EVERYBODY will be scammed at one point even if you take ALL the precautions
that's a risk you should understand/accept in this kind of business[/quote901baa8936]

Yeah, but it's far more likely if you pay a guy with 0 TR on green.

gator1002

27-03-2007 14:57:44

Look for offers that pay on GREEN, not on approval, unless you trust the trader you are working with and you know how many approvals you have left. I'm waiting on a PAID ON APPROVAL trade, and who knows when that will happen.
(actually, the guy has a good trading record and I do not anticipate a problem).
Once you have made some $$, paid on approval is OK, and actually preferred by many veteran traders to protect themselves against trafers going RED. Once again, building relationships is key. Find the veterans and work with them. Let It be said this is not a right that comes with just joining the forum. You have to earn this right. If you find a trader willing to pay on green it will more than likly be a very new trader. In this case remember alot of folks join, do a few trades and then decide this is not for them. If you have a problem at that point and they have left, even if it was an honest mistake on a newbies part and could be easily fixed you screwed becaules they are gone and not here to help you get the hold off them. They have beed paid and moved on.

moneymoneynow

27-03-2007 15:53:27

I wasn't implying that newbies had a right to get paid on green. Whether it is a right or a privilege, the fact of the matter is there are several veteran active traders who are paying on green, and it is to the benefit of new traders to take advantage of those deals at first.

If I wasn't clear, paid on approval is obviously preferred by those who are seeking to cash out a site. I'm not trying to set an unrealistic expectation here. The fact that I saw a positive cash flow in my first week is keeping me going. Now that I understand more about how things work here, I am definitely open to paid on approval offers from reputable traders, especially those with whom I have already had a positive experience.

Remember, newbies can be scammed on "paid on approval" deals just as well as people can be scammed on "paid on green".

cubbieco

28-03-2007 21:47:05

What I've decided to start doing is adding a time limit on the approval. In other word paid on approval or 14 days if I haven't submitted yet. I think this more fair as you don't know how long it will take for the vet to finish a site.

booklover1104

29-03-2007 18:01:24

I'm not a "vet" by any means, but I don't feel so much like a "noob" either...this is what i've started doing Paying 50/50...if TR is lower than 10 or 15 then I'm paying half on green and half 10 days after green. So far, it's working out...I'm still getting greens and still of course, risking some $$...but usually only $10. I figured that most problems that are going to come up, WILL within 10 days of green.

krayf

31-03-2007 18:10:52

[quote5ae9dde132="booklover1104"]I'm not a "vet" by any means, but I don't feel so much like a "noob" either...this is what i've started doing Paying 50/50...if TR is lower than 10 or 15 then I'm paying half on green and half 10 days after green. So far, it's working out...I'm still getting greens and still of course, risking some $$...but usually only $10. I figured that most problems that are going to come up, WILL within 10 days of green.[/quote5ae9dde132]

Totally agree.... paying 1/2 on green is going to usually send the scammer elsewhere. But it also gets the newbie making some money and sticking with it for awhile (hopefully). I haven't paid 1/2 and 1/2 yet but I've scared away a couple scammers by offering that! A couple days after they declined my offer or never responded - I see there name brought up in the scammers section!!

Now as far as the comment about newbies getting scammed on approval just as easily. Yes they can, BUT they should be looking for traders with a high TR so the probablity is much less likely for them.

Makingmoneynow.... Nice post and welcome to the site!!

sandra habina

31-03-2007 21:51:44

Good post. I understand your opinions and I agree with newbies need to be cautious as well as experience traders, trade with high TR's. You should be treated very fairly.

Ferndave

01-04-2007 12:25:16

I agree with the 50/50 thing. If they won't take 50% on green, they just want a quick buck and are probably scammers.

If they are in it for the long haul, then waiting for approval shouldn't be that much of a problem. If it is, only do refs for people that need one or two more refs on a site. That will decrease the chance of waiting for months for approval.

Bhall3

01-04-2007 13:19:30

I agree that if someone is in it for the long haul then they want mind waiting to be paid on site approval when starting out. As with any new business you need a little start-up capital of your own.You shouldn't just depend totally on offers for your $$ especially in the beginning. After doing a few trades with reliable traders then they should have a enough positive cash flow not to use their $$ . This is not a "get rich quick" business. Sure, you can make a little $$ fast doing a few offers, but the real $$ is in the long haul. I try to explain this to newbs with TR<4 before I agree to set up a trade. Even if they've traded before doesn't make them reliable. I'm more concerned about my relationship with them, not the relationship they had with someone else. If they have any TR , I always check to see who they've dealt with and the feedback. I've had several with TR<4 to sign up and not finish. Once I've had a positive experience with a trader, I'm more apt to pay them on green.

moneymoneynow

02-04-2007 00:07:04

Am I just lucky, or have I been very careful. I haven't been scammed yet!!