Can you make good money??

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=57872

redzalez

26-03-2007 13:31:13

I was wondering if there can be truly good money made doing this? Whats the best way for a newbie to start out? THnks

condra

26-03-2007 13:37:32

yes, you can make money. we're not just losing our time here...

and if you truly want to start, pm me D

laurelwm

26-03-2007 14:30:34

You can also PM me if you have questions or want advice about anything. I am always happy to help new people, whether you trade with me or not.

Laurel

scream12342

26-03-2007 14:32:38

Yeah, feel free to ask questions in this forum as well. Don't be nervous to be shot down or something. Everyone was a newbie at one time; we're all very understanding.

Welcome to FIG!
Scream

emoneymaker2006

26-03-2007 14:33:49

Yep, you can make good money with this - which is why we have so many members on this forum.

It may take some time to get the hang of it or maximize your earnings - but you will always be able to make money.

Pm me if you need advice or have any other questions.

reggaeton

26-03-2007 15:37:56

Yep you can make money. Check the Brag Bag forum and you'll see that alot of people are getting paid in big amounts.

honvl

27-03-2007 17:22:36

Does anyone make enough money here to replace an actual job? Enough money to pay rent and food and utilities?

Is it sustainable?

gmario

28-03-2007 00:31:26

I actually do D

x323smostwantedx

28-03-2007 00:41:58

[quote19b0ca3d53="honvl"]Does anyone make enough money here to replace an actual job? Enough money to pay rent and food and utilities?

Is it sustainable?[/quote19b0ca3d53]
U can start out good, but then u run out of offers, sites and then it kinda ends. I dont think u can survive by just doing freebies. If ur retired, or want to make some extra cash, then this is the place for you.

tantnq

29-03-2007 05:39:16

[quotea8eb77e2a9="redzalez"]I was wondering if there can be truly good money made doing this? Whats the best way for a newbie to start out? THnks[/quotea8eb77e2a9]

hey I was in your shoes; but the best way for you is getting started and everything will fall in place. As I worked my way through this, I have learned about goods and bads. p.m me and we can work something out!

Peace out!

krayf

29-03-2007 11:11:40

I started almost 2 months ago and yes I'm making good money ..... I don't know how you can't make money doing this!! Am I getting rich? No..... but I don't put in more than 10 hours a week into this as I work a full-time job.

Be more than happy to share some advice as I've learned a ton in a short time...... pm me if you would like to get started

Excel

29-03-2007 13:51:10

Honestly, alot of people are going to say 'Ya, you can earn a lot of money, PM' just because they want trades. Now, the market is full of people looking to acquire referrals. Its very hard to actually finish a site now, which is where the real money is at.

If you were here a year ago, you could easily make maybe $1000 a month, more when you first signed up. This was for various reasons - cheaper/more/better offers, referrals cost less, ability to trade more rather then pay just cash, and a more balanced market of people looking to buy referrals, trade referrals, and sell referrals.

Referrals cost less - $17-$22 was pretty much the average, $25 was only paid for FreePay and Trainn sites. Now you see people offer $25++ on your run of the mill $40/ref sites and $30-$35 for big name Trainn sites.

Also, you used to be able to spend $1 and get full credit. Then there were the Tickle IQ tests, over 15 of them, and they just cost $5 a piece for full credit(and you could c#&li! online). Now the cheapest full credit offers are those sketchy eBay ones where they put you on hold until you hang up and bill you hundreds before your trial is up. The previously mentioned $1 full credit offers are now 1/2 credits or even 1/3 credits!

At the moment, the market is full of buyers, people looking to buy referrals. Just look at the trading post. I would say, for every 20 topics, theres 15 looking to buy refs, 3 'Hey I'm new, can do any site' posts, and 2 trading posts. This means its hard to find new referrals, theres too many buyers.

Also, the freebie companies have changed. The way they market themselves has changed. FreePay, OfferCentric, and Trainn rely on advertising to bring them leads. They make money when someone signs up, does an offer, but never gets enough referrals to finish. When they actually send out a gift, they might break even or even lose some money.

New sites seem to be about focusing on forums rather then advertising to the masses. They have lower payout rates and require you to complete more offers. They make the most money by disqualifying users during approval and keeping the money they made from their referrals. Even if a user does complete their site, they have it set up so they still make money, rather then coming out even or behind like FreePay, Trainn, or OfferCentric did.

To sum it up, no, you can no longer make GOOD money. You can make alot when you are still new, but don't plan on being able to count on it for rent. You used to be able to make a consistent $1-$2K a month with it. Nowadays, you could maybe get $1K the first month and then it will dwindle from there.

My advice to you -- DO NOT SELL YOUR REFERRALS FOR CASH! DO TRADES(site for site). Trading is worth much more then ref for cash. When you do a ref for cash trade, you might recieve $25. Now, if you do a ref for ref trade, you will recieve a green, which is worth $40-$50 depending on the site and prize. Obviously, you get the better pay out doing site for site. Just my 2 cents. Good luck succeeding in the freebie world!

Big War Bird

29-03-2007 16:16:56

The easy money is in completing offers for others. It is a sellers market right now.

sandra habina

30-03-2007 06:06:46

It is like the saying "you have to spend money - to make money" whether you spend on completing offers or spend for referrals, either way the potential for making money is there. Good luck.

Javin

30-03-2007 11:28:00

Excel, as a newbie, I really appreciated reading your much more realistic assessment of how much money you can make at this. After reading this forum for hours, then doing an offer for someone yesterday, I'm having second thoughts about how viable this is.

I've looked through the Trading section and checked out a lot of the sites people were trying to finish. It looks to me like all of the sites have practically the same offers. I'm assuming you can only complete any given offer once. So it won't be very long until there aren't enough offers left that you can do to complete a trade for someone. Now I can see why it gets hard for people to get enough referrals to get their prize or money.

That means it's not very scalable. I'm sure it's quite possible to make a couple hundred dollars a month with this. But frankly, it also involves a lot of time and effort cancelling all the offers you have to sign up for to do enough sites to make that amount, plus the time it takes to do the offer. If you just do a few sites then do trades with people, you still have to do offers, even though you may eventually make more money. Of course, there is the option of paying for greens. But the Trading section is filled with pages of those, so I would imagine that it takes quite awhile to find enough people to pay to finish the offers.

Looking at this as a newbie - I'm sure someone will chime in and tell me that I'm wrong D - a huge problem seems to be that all the sites have practically the same offers. Even as a newbie, I'm not going to be able to help too many people get greens before I run out of offers. And quite frankly, some of the offers I saw I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. So I don't see how anyone - wheter they are buying greens, or completing greens for others - can make very much money at this beyond a small amount.

What I'm getting at here is how viable an income model this is for someone and how much they can conceivably make in a month given the limitations of offers, time invested, etc. I'm not trying to be argumentative or knock how anyone else makes their money, just trying to realistically assess if this is going to make enough money to bother with. After looking around and trying to realistically evaluate the situation, it doesn't look like it to me. I hope someone can chime in and prove me wrong. D

gmario

30-03-2007 12:52:05

[quotebeb9ddb297="Excel"]Honestly, alot of people are going to say 'Ya, you can earn a lot of money, PM' just because they want trades. Now, the market is full of people looking to acquire referrals. Its very hard to actually finish a site now, which is where the real money is at.

If you were here a year ago, you could easily make maybe $1000 a month, more when you first signed up. This was for various reasons - cheaper/more/better offers, referrals cost less, ability to trade more rather then pay just cash, and a more balanced market of people looking to buy referrals, trade referrals, and sell referrals.

Referrals cost less - $17-$22 was pretty much the average, $25 was only paid for FreePay and Trainn sites. Now you see people offer $25++ on your run of the mill $40/ref sites and $30-$35 for big name Trainn sites.

Also, you used to be able to spend $1 and get full credit. Then there were the Tickle IQ tests, over 15 of them, and they just cost $5 a piece for full credit(and you could c#&li! online). Now the cheapest full credit offers are those sketchy eBay ones where they put you on hold until you hang up and bill you hundreds before your trial is up. The previously mentioned $1 full credit offers are now 1/2 credits or even 1/3 credits!

At the moment, the market is full of buyers, people looking to buy referrals. Just look at the trading post. I would say, for every 20 topics, theres 15 looking to buy refs, 3 'Hey I'm new, can do any site' posts, and 2 trading posts. This means its hard to find new referrals, theres too many buyers.

Also, the freebie companies have changed. The way they market themselves has changed. FreePay, OfferCentric, and Trainn rely on advertising to bring them leads. They make money when someone signs up, does an offer, but never gets enough referrals to finish. When they actually send out a gift, they might break even or even lose some money.

New sites seem to be about focusing on forums rather then advertising to the masses. They have lower payout rates and require you to complete more offers. They make the most money by disqualifying users during approval and keeping the money they made from their referrals. Even if a user does complete their site, they have it set up so they still make money, rather then coming out even or behind like FreePay, Trainn, or OfferCentric did.

To sum it up, no, you can no longer make GOOD money. You can make alot when you are still new, but don't plan on being able to count on it for rent. You used to be able to make a consistent $1-$2K a month with it. Nowadays, you could maybe get $1K the first month and then it will dwindle from there.

My advice to you -- DO NOT SELL YOUR REFERRALS FOR CASH! DO TRADES(site for site). Trading is worth much more then ref for cash. When you do a ref for cash trade, you might recieve $25. Now, if you do a ref for ref trade, you will recieve a green, which is worth $40-$50 depending on the site and prize. Obviously, you get the better pay out doing site for site. Just my 2 cents. Good luck succeeding in the freebie world![/quotebeb9ddb297]

really just $1,000 ? thats like nothing i been banking around 5,000+ monthly i got great tips but i find it useless that people are paying for freebie guides so why should i give out my info when i could be making money of it too 8)

condra

30-03-2007 12:55:12

Javin, you do have good points. However D

I have been here for almost 3 months. And made...around 4000$, very roughly.

I have no trouble finding refs and finishing sites in 2 weeks (sometimes 1 week, sometimes even 1 DAY!) or more.

And for me, a broke college student with studies and no real time to go to work...it works a LOT better than expected
First off, I can work from home. big advantage, I don't have to spend my day working for ROna, or a shop or wtv, i can just check my emails daily (which i did anyway) and set up a few trades, then check the greens,....etc. Its fairly easy, since I am really at ease with the computer, internet, and all.

Also, I have learned SOO much during those 3 months, by only working part time. Yes, i am on the forum a lot, but i do it whenever I can for pure pleasure (and a bit of addiction) D

Hope this helps...

Maybe its not destinated to a 100% steady income, but its going to finance my 1 year off from school!! I am soo happy! D

Excel

31-03-2007 00:15:55

Its possible to make more then $1000, and its great that people do. However, I think that making $5000 a month is the high end of the spectrum, and its not something that any person can just walk in and achieve.

gmario

31-03-2007 07:34:02

[quote204dc69601="Excel"]Its possible to make more then $1000, and its great that people do. However, I think that making $5000 a month is the high end of the spectrum, and its not something that any person can just walk in and achieve.[/quote204dc69601]

yup your right not everyone can achieve that much but theres those who have 8)

gator1002

31-03-2007 07:58:23

I started this to pay my truck note only. $575.00 a month. I had 30 payments left. After I cash out on the 5 sites Im now working on my truck will be paid off. HHMMMM maybe a bike???

gmario

31-03-2007 08:58:09

Your truck huh lol i started this becuase i wanted to buy me a fresh Bike and instead i got more 8)

gator1002

31-03-2007 10:05:56

Im out looking at bikes today

shokesdogg

31-03-2007 10:13:20

Yes you just need to make sure you read the rules, be patient, and it always helps to be nice. Can help with process if needed. Thanks