Account/email troubles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=57517

mikelovely

22-03-2007 15:06:24

Hello, I used to be a member here, ipod forums is behind me but i have a bit of a problem. I don't have the password to my original account and my email is listed here on the site which is easily search-able on google and bam shit ton o spam mail no matter what I do.

Who can i talk to here to fix this, I just want my email removed from the site and both of these accounts deleted.

stueybaby17

22-03-2007 15:41:50

I have never gotten spam mail because of my account on this forum. Now completing offers I've gotten a ton of spam. I dont' think it's this forum.

mikelovely

22-03-2007 15:46:37

[quote2bd164c079="stueybaby17"]I have never gotten spam mail because of my account on this forum. Now completing offers I've gotten a ton of spam. I dont' think it's this forum.[/quote2bd164c079]

not so much that its the fact my mail is searchable through gmail ( at which point spamers blind email people. I just dont want my email searchable.

stueybaby17

22-03-2007 15:48:50

oh i see. Kinda. I'm not sure how you having an email account here makes your email searchable on gmail.

condra

22-03-2007 15:52:31

anyway, just pm a mod...or the admin

mikelovely

22-03-2007 15:52:46

[quote364cf32eda="stueybaby17"]oh i see. Kinda. I'm not sure how you having an email account here makes your email searchable on gmail.[/quote364cf32eda]

no not like that my email is listed here on the site and it shows up in google I want that gone and both my old accoutn and this one.

stueybaby17

22-03-2007 15:54:43

Why don't you just delete your email account being show in the profile and have FiPG not email you if you get a PM?

That way if you ever want to come back you can.

mikelovely

22-03-2007 19:48:14

this email is my name and ive grown fond of it.

dmorris68

22-03-2007 20:10:38

If you ever used the e-mail you posted on here to sign up for freebie sites and offers, then that is where your spam is coming from. I can reasonably assure you that you're not receiving a ton of spam just from having your e-mail buried within a post here.

What was your original username from when you were here before, and what is the actual e-mail address in question. PM it to me if you wish.

It is extremely unlikely that we can full-text search every post (there are millions) but if I can find your old account I can remove the e-mail address linked to the "E-Mail" button under every post. This will remove the address from the HTML and thus from future crawls.

However, if by some chance your e-mail address being here IS the culprit, then the horse is already out of the barn and your e-mail has already been widely distributed. Erasing it from here, if that is even possible, will not resolve that situation. If the spam is out of hand, just get another address.

For future reference, most people establish separate e-mail addresses from their primary one for any sort of public internet postings where the address might be harvested.