Questions about using two different computers--

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=57160

NykiFox

19-03-2007 08:25:10

Ok.. so I feel like I probably should have asked this earlier--

But... does anyone know if using two different computers is going to hurt me with something? I mean, I usually do most of my work at home on my personal computer, but I usually check the status of my credits and everything while I'm at work, and occasionally complete offers there too. I mean-- I would hope that it's not going to be a problem but I have a bad feeling that it is- However, I never use different information.. my fingers are now pretty much programmed to type in the same things over and over again for my offers and sign-ups from doing this for like a month, but I am experiencing a problem with my apple.v-bux site and they put it on hold because they said I had two accounts on the same ip address with two different shipping addresses. Any thoughts? I really just don't want to screw myself on a lot of sites that I've done and not be able to get my rewards for working so hard...

lidazed and confused...li

marbleeye

19-03-2007 10:06:48

I would not advice using 2 different computers to access freesites. I wouldn't access any freesite from 2 different locations. That's where your duplicate IP address problem will come in.

I learned the hard way. I got put on hold for duplicate IP address because when I was traveling I checked on one of my freesites from a hotel I was staying in. If another person has an account on that freesite and logs on from that hotel you have a duplicate IP address. Same thing happens If you log on from a work computer and your place of work uses proxies to gain internet access. I lost a good amount of money because I was one green away from cashing out of the site. I paid all my referrals on green plus since I'm an honest guy I paid back my green payment for that site to the person who paid me on green. Usually once your put on hold you stay on hold.

manOFice

19-03-2007 10:09:15

Someone at your work probably has a vbux account and doing the same thing as you.

NykiFox

19-03-2007 11:58:09

Ok--

So that explains why that happened. I did tell a co-worker about it and he signed up at work too. But he no longer works here, and I know he didn't sign up for anything else besides the apple.v-bux site. I think I should be ok then. lisighli Now it's just a matter of seeing what can be done about the apple site. He was my referral.. but never did anything. I paid for green on that site for other people.... eesh.

manOFice

19-03-2007 12:30:12

yep, they probably think your co-worker is you.

TheCashGrab

19-03-2007 12:33:15

At my site we are usually very understanding if a user is listed as accessing the site via multiple IP addresses or the same as another user. If other indicators show that you may be doing some fraudulent activities that your account is flagged. We don't outright ban accessing your account from multiple computers however we strongly suggest that you choose one and just use that one to make everything simpler.

A big problem is accessing sites through public networks such as at colleges and other schools. Many computers in one location share IP addresses and so any other users to sign in will have the same IP address as you. Therefore, we also don't suggest accessing the site via public locations, though, again we are understanding if that is the only way you can use our site! Hope that helps.

manOFice

19-03-2007 12:34:57

[quoteb060b99361="TheCashGrab"]At my site we are usually very understanding if a user is listed as accessing the site via multiple IP addresses or the same as another user. If other indicators show that you may be doing some fraudulent activities that your account is flagged. We don't outright ban accessing your account from multiple computers however we strongly suggest that you choose one and just use that one to make everything simpler.

A big problem is accessing sites through public networks such as at colleges and other schools. Many computers in one location share IP addresses and so any other users to sign in will have the same IP address as you. Therefore, we also don't suggest accessing the site via public locations, though, again we are understanding if that is the only way you can use our site! Hope that helps.[/quoteb060b99361]

I agree with this as that is the Officially4free motto also )