What to do when the other person in a trade quits?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=56799

Arrow789

14-03-2007 22:09:47

I am wondering if the referral is obligated to go through with the trade once he or she confirms it in the trade module.

I've been trading with some newbs lately, and some of them back out of deals, sometimes after they have confirmed the trade in the module. Some people request deletion.

Well, what if I don't particularly want to delete the trade? Do I have any other option?

I would appreciate any good advice. I'm not necessarily going to deny people the deletion they request, but I want to know what my options are.

stueybaby17

14-03-2007 22:23:45

request deletion, hide the trade, ignore it. That's about it.

But you have to give the trader 14 days to be out of reach unless they say they no longer are interrested.

Arrow789

14-03-2007 22:48:35

That doesn't answer my question. I'm asking if there is a way to keep people from backing out of confirmed deals with me, or have some sanction imposed against them for backing out of confirmed deals.

TriforceXHacks

14-03-2007 23:20:38

[quote03730cb292="Arrow789"]That doesn't answer my question. I'm asking if there is a way to keep people from backing out of confirmed deals with me, or have some sanction imposed against them for backing out of confirmed deals.[/quote03730cb292]

Not at all. It seems like it is their loss if they sign up and don't complete anything. They waste a sign-up and potential green/payment.

Arrow789

14-03-2007 23:32:46

So if someone else and I discuss a trade, agree to it, set it up in the trade module, and confirm the trade, and the other person requests deletion, I have to either request deletion or just let a defunct trade sit there in my TM?

If that's so, why require both parties, instead of just one, to request deletion of a confirmed trade?

stueybaby17

15-03-2007 07:54:32

[quoteabbade6572="Arrow789"]So if someone else and I discuss a trade, agree to it, set it up in the trade module, and confirm the trade, and the other person requests deletion, I have to either request deletion or just let a defunct trade sit there in my TM?

If that's so, why require both parties, instead of just one, to request deletion of a confirmed trade?[/quoteabbade6572]

Sorry I didnt' anser your question before. but yes that's right.

And you need both parties to confirm because if you are paying somebody, or get impatient and just want to kick somebody out of a trade and only one person needs to request deletion it is a lot easier to screw somebody over.

And if somebody flakes out on you and requests deletion and then the trade is just gone, you may never notice until you are like WTF where is my last ref. You at least have soe chance to see it if you have to request deletion too.

But I think there should be some time of time limit. Like if someone is requesting deletion for more than a month or two it should automatically delete. I've had trades requesting deletion for two years.

laurelwm

16-03-2007 13:55:08

If you have not paid them yet (or completed a green on their site), they can say "I'm not going to" and you really don't have any way to make them. But if you have already paid, or if it is a trade and you have done your part already, then they are obligated to.

Laurel

Arrow789

16-03-2007 14:37:34

Thanks for your responses.