I hope someone can advise me !

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=56734

Sstaceyrae21

14-03-2007 12:27:33

OK let me try to make this short - my account for ordercash was put on hold - support ticket says for using an IP address that is a proxy, and closed ticket. Now I have 7 sites going right now with mult. open trades and I am extremely concerned that I will have some issues with all myu accounts. I have read the forum rules and sites regulations and I know that only 1 IP address per household. All of my sites were signed on at home on my personal computer, all offers ever done were alson done at home - along with any trade setups or anything that had to do with sending my referral links, ALL DONE AT HOME! Now I have accessed all of my account while I was at work on my work computer to check on the status of either referral status or my own manual credit status. Even in the forum DO and DONTS it says you can checkon status from another computer. I also know that no one else has ever signed on a site or completed any offers from that computer, it is my computer. So my huge question is will all of my accounts be put on hold? What can I do to fix this ? Am I worrying for nothing, and it was just the ordercash site. Please help me!

laurelwm

14-03-2007 13:05:09

Who is your Internet through?? Some servers like AOL use a proxy, which will give you a different IP address each time you log in.

Also, although you [b5c71d1ac13]should[/b5c71d1ac13] be able to check your account from another computer (as long as it is not the computer one of your referrals used to sign up or log in), it is most likely unadvisable if you can help it. Anything to avoid the apearance of fraud is in your best interest.

Hope this helps clear it up.

Laurel

Sstaceyrae21

14-03-2007 13:10:11

my home isp is a dial up through a local number from the small town I live in - my work computer is through a big server - a hospital - but I only checked status - so that shouldn't matter. Am I gonna have this problem with all my sites now???

laurelwm

14-03-2007 13:15:25

Hard to say for sure - your best bet may be to open a support ticket on the other sites you are signed up for and ask them. Often, if you ask before they catch it, they can find a way to work with you. You should also open a support ticket at OrderCash and find out if there is anything you can do about it - holds can sometimes be reversed in the right circumstances.

Many dial-up services use a proxy that ends up giving you a different IP each time you log in, so that may be your problem. If you contact your service, they should be able to tell you for sure.

Laurel

moviemadnessman

14-03-2007 13:40:12

[quotedbfd72e119="Sstaceyrae21"]my home isp is a dial up through a local number from the small town I live in - my work computer is through a big server - a hospital - but I only checked status - so that shouldn't matter. Am I gonna have this problem with all my sites now???[/quotedbfd72e119]
That's the problem right there. When using dial-up, your ISP will use a proxy, so your IP address will fluxuate and make it appear you have multiple IP addresses. If you complete multiple offers (as is often the case with freebie sites), then the freebie site in question will have 2 IP addresses for you and you will get put on hold.

It is a sad truth ... you can try contacting the freebie site, but there is a good chance that you won't be taken off hold. Sorry.

Sstaceyrae21

14-03-2007 13:42:18

I just got off the phone with my isp and they do not use a proxy - evey time is my IP address.

stompah07

15-03-2007 21:47:16

Stacy TY for the welcome PM. Let me try and help you with your problem. As others are saying its may be your IP changing everytime you log in. Now I havent had dialup in several years but if I remember correctly your IP changes when you log back in.

An easy way to check is go to this site tonight http//whatismyip.com/ and then followup tommorrow morning after you wake up. Write down the IP tonight and see if it changes tomorrow morning. If it does then that could be your issue.

I will be PMing you back in a few minutes ;)

kidd2108

15-03-2007 22:11:49

yes, like the person above me said...its b/c your ip changes each time you sign in to your dial up account.

Margot530

22-03-2007 05:31:16

Wow, that was a very useful piece of advise and great link...I have dial-up right now due to my ethernet card being broken, and just checked that link and sure enough, my IP add changed as soon as I reconnected...that answers a lot of questions about offers not crediting properly. I think this should be a plain warning to dial-up users. Maybe you could get a sticky for it?

Also would like to know if this could be explained to the sites we are having trouble getting credits for/or the prizes?

Since I don't watch the threads I post to very often, could you pm me with some advice re fix-its with the sites?

PS Karma point to you!

Thanks so Much,

Margot

booklover1104

22-03-2007 05:40:26

hmmm.....okay, just checking on this....

I use roadrunner (a high-speed broadband/cable connection), NOT dial-up. Am I gonna have this issue?

Please, Please, PLEASE say "NO"!!

manOFice

22-03-2007 09:18:54

[quote702564a602="booklover1104"]hmmm.....okay, just checking on this....

I use roadrunner (a high-speed broadband/cable connection), NOT dial-up. Am I gonna have this issue?

Please, Please, PLEASE say "NO"!![/quote702564a602]

You should not run into any duplicate ip issues with roadrunner.

Margot530

23-03-2007 04:59:01

[quote6f96fc48df="booklover1104"]hmmm.....okay, just checking on this....

Please, Please, PLEASE say "NO"!![/quote6f96fc48df]

You would do yourself a favor by clicking on that link and making sure!
I didn't expect it wink . Can't wait to get my BB back ?

gator1002

26-03-2007 05:13:37

[quoteedad27a95a="booklover1104"]hmmm.....okay, just checking on this....

Please, Please, PLEASE say "NO"!![/quoteedad27a95a] With a tr like yours if you havent had a problem yet, I would say NO. I know you have passrd approval with our trades. (Fred)

booklover1104

26-03-2007 06:20:10

Cool...thanks everyone...I didn't think so either, but just wanted to check. Gator...I'm glad to hear I passed approval )
It just scared me for a minute to think that my internet connection could cause the greens I've done for people to go red...EEK! -even fast math in my head made that a frightening payback scenario
+Karmas!