28 referrals, is it crazy to expect?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=56115

lucas303

07-03-2007 19:58:50

I am brand new to this whole deal and it sounds like it might be worth a try. I am not really interested in an ipod, but one site did catch my eye. It is a laptop that requires 28 referrals for YourGiftsFree.com. Is that realistic? How long do you think it would take to get that many referrals (a rough guess is just fine).

Should I start out smaller?

moviemadnessman

07-03-2007 20:02:58

If you have the money to pay for all the referrals, then it could work. I would say start out smaller, trying to do sites for people so you get paid and you get your TR up, then try to go for completing sites.

If you only paid $15 per referral, it would take $420 ... but with your TR, people might expect you to pay first. It's possible to do, but I would say that starting smaller would be a better bet.

lucas303

07-03-2007 20:05:28

I was planning on just doing trades, not paying anyone. Does that make it even more unrealistic? I don't mind signing up for the offers but I think it is goofy to pay someone for referrals (no offense intended).

moviemadnessman

07-03-2007 20:09:03

If you are looking to trade, that might work. People will want you to abide by trade rules, of course, which means you'll have to go first if you have lower TR, so make sure the person has high enough TR for you to trust them.

And it isn't goofy to pay people to complete sites, but I respect your views on the matter.

lucas303

07-03-2007 20:38:18

thanks for the quick replies D

laurelwm

08-03-2007 04:17:38

[quote2584441eab="lucas303"]I was planning on just doing trades, not paying anyone. Does that make it even more unrealistic? I don't mind signing up for the offers but I think it is goofy to pay someone for referrals (no offense intended).[/quote2584441eab]

Trading site for site is great. It gets your TR up and helps you to get a lot of unexpensive referrals. But realize that works exponentially. At some point (relatively soon, if you work it hard), with needing 5-10 referrals for each site, you will find yourself signed up for too many sites and will need to find another way to get the referrals to finish off some of them, whether you pay them here or bug friends to do them.

For example........... Your first site is Yourfreebiewhatever.com. You need 5 referrals to get your $250. You trade with 5 people to finish that site. Now you have 5 sites to finish. Let's say on average they each need 6 referrals. That means you have to sign up for 30 more sites to finish that 6. Now you have 30 sites to finish. Even at 5 referrals each, that would be 150 sites you'd have to sign up for............

I realize nothing says you have to finish every site you sign up for, but at some point you will run out of sites you can sign up for, not to mention run out of offers to sign up with.

So, we're probably not "goofy" for paying referrals. If I need 5 referrals to get $250 and I pay them each $20, that's $150 profit for me.

Make sense??????

Laurel

gator1002

08-03-2007 04:27:53

Just call me goofy but I started with the same thought and like laurelwm has stated I have about 30 sites in my bookmarks all in some stage of compleation. I cant find any offers that Im willing to do nowo so paying for referals seems like the best way. But then again there are a lot of offers out there maybe you dont really mind paying $139.00 for a case of wine and a green. (Fred)

dianaizme1

12-03-2007 09:06:47

[quote726d1cd689="laurelwm"][quote726d1cd689="lucas303"]I was planning on just doing trades, not paying anyone. Does that make it even more unrealistic? I don't mind signing up for the offers but I think it is goofy to pay someone for referrals (no offense intended).[/quote726d1cd689]

Trading site for site is great. It gets your TR up and helps you to get a lot of unexpensive referrals. But realize that works exponentially. At some point (relatively soon, if you work it hard), with needing 5-10 referrals for each site, you will find yourself signed up for too many sites and will need to find another way to get the referrals to finish off some of them, whether you pay them here or bug friends to do them.

For example........... Your first site is Yourfreebiewhatever.com. You need 5 referrals to get your $250. You trade with 5 people to finish that site. Now you have 5 sites to finish. Let's say on average they each need 6 referrals. That means you have to sign up for 30 more sites to finish that 6. Now you have 30 sites to finish. Even at 5 referrals each, that would be 150 sites you'd have to sign up for............

I realize nothing says you have to finish every site you sign up for, but at some point you will run out of sites you can sign up for, not to mention run out of offers to sign up with.

So, we're probably not "goofy" for paying referrals. If I need 5 referrals to get $250 and I pay them each $20, that's $150 profit for me.

Make sense??????

Laurel[/quote726d1cd689]
-----------------------------

I like the way U explain things around here. U make sense, Laurel. Thanks. I've read some of your trading rules and explanations. As a newbie, I am learning steadily. And, U R helping me learn quicker. Thanks. D

dmorris68

12-03-2007 10:42:08

Paying for referrals is hardly "goofy," especially when you've been around for awhile and have completed a lot of sites & offers. There are only so many sites and so many offers. Most all sites carry the same offers (more or less) and after awhile there just aren't any more valid, reasonable offers to complete. So to stay in the game after awhile, you must either recruit friends & family to signup for your trades, or you pay for the refs.

jy3

12-03-2007 11:23:09

there are a few ways to tackle this.
what I did when I first started was get my freeipod from freepay. so i had some friends sign up. When it came to trades I traded like sites (no OODs, no sites where u have to do 2 difficult offers) for this site. Then I did freeps3 and did the same. I did not go for many of the other sites that I signed up, did an offer for. Once I reached my limit of offers I could do/was interested in I changed to paying for sites. I was able to do a bunch of sites before doing this.
An alternative to getting referrals for your laptop is to auction off greens. offer to do all trainn sites, start a bid at $x and let it fly for a week. then do the trainn sites. apply all money towards a laptop. this may lead to less money/ref than the other way.
Another way is to sign up for a do-it-yourself site, like trainn laptops points. do all the offers yourself and dont worry about trading

tylerc

12-03-2007 11:34:52

I would suggest just doing a Nuitech site for a $2000 giftcard and buying a laptop, but they are getting impossible to complete.