IP address

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=56038

Sstaceyrae21

07-03-2007 06:41:06

OK I know you can't use the same comp to sign up for site or do offers but I have a question. My sister signed up on a site for me on her own computer, and she is coming home today. She has never done a site before and is havine trouble withthe credit, I tried to expalin how to submit for manual credit over the phone and she is lost! My question is when she is at my house can we open her link and I show her how to do it, We won't actually submit from my comp. Just fo over hoe to when she gets home, or will the site track my IP address and claim fraud? What do you think????

laurelwm

07-03-2007 06:45:36

I wouldn't do it. If you even sign on to her account from your house, it will track the IP and you may both go red for fraud.

Can you get on YOUR account and just show her how it would be done??

But seriously, don't let her log onto anything from your computer, or you could both end up paying for it.

Laurel

gmario

07-03-2007 07:51:01

[quote5a5d0d1381="Sstaceyrae21"]OK I know you can't use the same comp to sign up for site or do offers but I have a question. My sister signed up on a site for me on her own computer, and she is coming home today. She has never done a site before and is havine trouble withthe credit, I tried to expalin how to submit for manual credit over the phone and she is lost! My question is when she is at my house can we open her link and I show her how to do it, We won't actually submit from my comp. Just fo over [b5a5d0d1381]hoe [/b5a5d0d1381]to when she gets home, or will the site track my IP address and claim fraud? What do you think????[/quote5a5d0d1381]

I wouldn't do that unless your trying to get put on hold

Jenncherry99

07-03-2007 08:53:25

I wouldn't risk it, cause I think it will definitely put you both on hold.

littlefish2

07-03-2007 10:14:05

i would suggest send her to the link for requesting manual credit, have her read it through then let her do it herself from home.
it's really spelled out so clearly here she should have no problem )
here's the link
http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=53059
good luck!

ghstlegacy17

07-03-2007 10:25:35

Yeah, I wouldn't take the risk. Going on hold for a site after spending lots of money and time for refs really stinks.

stueybaby17

07-03-2007 10:37:33

Depends on the site. Sites like 123stuffforfree and 2dollardeal will definatly put you on hold. Trainn is less likely but they still might. I wouldn't take the chance.

Just try to walk her through it step by step.

OR Just thought of this.

Show her on your OWN account what she would have to do! That way she can actually see it!