ref went red *UPDATE*

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=55945

littlefish2

06-03-2007 12:30:25

i wanted to cash out of a site and one of my refs went on hold, was accused of having multiple accounts.
i don't know what to do know because i already paid him for his green???

DIABLO

06-03-2007 12:35:45

First try working it out with him/her, it may be an honest mistake, if it is he/she will probably refund you what you paid and it'll be solved. If they do not refund you, PM a moderator, and if the moderator can not work it out with the referral open a paypal dispute and he/she will probably be banned from the forum for scamming.

littlefish2

06-03-2007 12:45:03

thx a lot...i've pm'd him.
not so sure about the 'honest mistake' part though seeing as the 2 accounts used to sign up with were only 1 number away.
(

jy3

06-03-2007 16:45:35

did this work out? did he pm u back? pm a mod btw.

littlefish2

06-03-2007 16:47:13

no response yet....i shouldn't wait to see what he says first before going to mod?

stueybaby17

06-03-2007 16:49:21

[quotedde55ff4bf="littlefish2"]no response yet....i shouldn't wait to see what he says first before going to mod?[/quotedde55ff4bf]

did he read the PM. Give him at least a day or two to read the PM. If they read the PM and dont' respond in a few hours then PM a mod. I know how you are feeling. Same thing happned to me. It sucks.

littlefish2

06-03-2007 16:50:36

nah...it's still in my out box but it's only been a couple hours now.
thx for the support guys )

gator1002

07-03-2007 04:49:00

yes give them a few days some folks (unlike myself) have a life and may not be on everyday. as far as the name being only 1 # away I have had conversations with gator1001 and gator1003 so its more likly than you would think. But I have conversations with gator1002 also (Fred)

laurelwm

07-03-2007 06:42:49

[quote0bd9ea8444="gator1002"]
I have had conversations with gator1001 and gator1003 so its more likly than you would think. But I have conversations with gator1002 also (Fred)[/quote0bd9ea8444]

As long and you and Gator1002 are getting along and you don't argue all the time..............

lol lol lol

gmario

07-03-2007 07:48:48

i think i lost about $50 from paying people and them going on hold for dumb reason, the last person that got me was fishman was his user name he never came back or anything and ignored my PM's but not a big deal since i made more than enough D , just make sure who you trade with thats all i can tell you

littlefish2

07-03-2007 10:17:02

yes, it's not like i paid him hundreds of dollars.....i guess it's just a risk i took paying a newbie on green. my bad (

ghstlegacy17

07-03-2007 10:23:32

Hearing things like this gives me a bad feeling about some of the newbie refs I've already paid on green >_>

littlefish2

07-03-2007 10:28:14

yeah i'm just praying that was a 1 shot deal LOL
what burns the most was that i only found out when i was ready to cash out...now i have to work up another ref for that site.

stueybaby17

07-03-2007 10:34:47

[quotee8dc43ecbb="littlefish2"]yeah i'm just praying that was a 1 shot deal LOL
what burns the most was that i only found out when i was ready to cash out...now i have to work up another ref for that site.[/quotee8dc43ecbb]

Same happened to me dude. It sucks big time.

If you really want the last ref badly and quick offer a little more for them to go green, and set some terms about how long it can take. That's what I did. I made a deal for more than I usually pay if they were green in 24hours. Took about 2 hours to find a person to do it and they are now yellow with .5 credits. So hopefully it will all work out and i'll be able to re-submit by tonight.

Good Luck

dmorris68

07-03-2007 11:21:28

[quote7dcba89f29="ghstlegacy17"]Hearing things like this gives me a bad feeling about some of the newbie refs I've already paid on green >_>[/quote7dcba89f29]
And this is one of the reasons why we really really wish newbies would slow down and take the advice offered to them when they're starting out. Too many find out about the freebie biz, get excited and/or greedy, and immediately dive headfirst into the deep end of the pool without first taking swimming lessons and graduating out of their floaties.

I'm seeing several newbies join the forum, then immediately start trading for a dozen sites at a time, mostly with other newbies. Before you know it, people aren't getting paid, or they're going red, and many just give up and abandon the hobby without completing their obligations. Either they got in over their head, or they moved to quickly and didn't check offers or terms first, or they lost track of which sites/offers they did and repeated them. Or, frankly, they're just stupid. Either way the result is the same.

This is why we recommend that newbies take it slow, and try to trade with established members on one or two sites at first. Build up some TR and some respect, along with the knowledge and experience. Then gradually ramp up your trade activity, but trading with no more than a few other newbies at a time. Because when 100 newbies are trading with 100 other newbies, that's 200 opportunities for somebody to screw something up, and with the big networks that DQ across all sites for a single violation, all it takes is one screwup to ruin several peoples' trades.

Note Not to say you'll never get screwed by an experienced trader. But it's less frequent, and at least then you know it's intentional and not a matter of them just being ignorant and overwhelmed.

stueybaby17

07-03-2007 11:36:01

[quote59f35673c3="dmorris68"][quote59f35673c3="ghstlegacy17"]Hearing things like this gives me a bad feeling about some of the newbie refs I've already paid on green >_>[/quote59f35673c3]

Or, frankly, they're just stupid.
[/quote59f35673c3]

I also noticed a ton of newbies with 0TR trying to pay people and don't even know how to set up a trade or how the sites work or anything. That is something that I absolutly hate!

edit especially when you look at when they joined and it's todays date evil

There should be some type of rule that you have to have a TR of at least 5 to set up paying trades or something. That way eveybody that has a higer TR and have done a bunch of sites have somebody to try to get some greens from.

I also noticed that some of the newbies that dont' immediatly start paying for greens and start out being refs for people become more prominet members of the forum much more quickly.

And a lot of the people that start paying before ever doing an offer. . . well . . . arn't roll

littlefish2

07-03-2007 11:38:18

yes i see your point dmorris. i know i am still a newbie, being here less than a month and really shouldn't be payings a newbie on green but the temptation is tough. knowing that they haven't signed up with my sites before makes it easier to pick which sites i want to work on. also the more experienced traders have already done my sites and i can't do ref-for-ref because, being canadian, i've pretty much exhausted all my offers available.
even though i've gotten my TR to 29, that doesn't mean that my trades won't go bad seeing as a lot of them are with newbies.

while on that subject.....my ref-gone-red has picked up my pm.....how long do i give him to respond?

stueybaby17

07-03-2007 11:40:34

[quote30204d47ae="littlefish2"]
while on that subject.....my ref-gone-red has picked up my pm.....how long do i give him to respond?[/quote30204d47ae]

I'd say a few hours and then send another PM asking for a response.

littlefish2

10-03-2007 18:10:37

GREAT NEWS!!!
check this out!
"I'm very sorry, it was not my intention to fool you or make any problem for you. I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience. I'm new at this trading and I will make sure that this doesn't happen again."
i was refunded!! isn't that great?
i'm sure it doesn't turn out this good for everyone but i'm a happy camper now.
thx for everyone's input
this case is closed )

ghstlegacy17

10-03-2007 19:00:36

Glad you were dealing with an honest trader ^^ Fortunately for me, I have not had any problems yet with any traders though chances are, if I continue with the paying newbies on green, I will most likely end up finding one somewhere along the line >_>

gmario

10-03-2007 19:06:09

[quote33cbb42f05="ghstlegacy17"]Glad you were dealing with an honest trader ^^ Fortunately for me, I have not had any problems yet with any traders though chances are, if I continue with the paying newbies on green, I will most likely end up finding one somewhere along the line >_>[/quote33cbb42f05]

Yup it'll happen sooner or later i remember when i first started i didn't know what red meant and i paid someone and they went red x and then happen like 2 more times lol so i learned from that oops

gator1002

11-03-2007 06:52:53

I was having a conversation with another trader just yesterday about all the newbes now wanting to be paid on green and not manny wanting to wait on approval. She said well duh its all the other newbes that are offering to pay on green thats doing it. well the conversation ended by saying well we will see alot more in the help and scammers sections in a short while crying about referals going red or just not paying. hmmmm.

littlefish2

11-03-2007 12:04:42

i know, i know...as i stated earlier, it's my bad for paying on green.
it was just the first time it had happened and i didn't know what i was supposed to do. now i know if any of my other refs goes red to keep my mouth shut and chalk it up as a loss. i suppose i'm part of the problem, coming in a month ago and paying newbs on green but from what i saw when i started..that what everyone else was doing.
sorry if i made your jobs harder for at the vets out there (