Help Same Household Dilemma

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=55758

nikd

04-03-2007 12:03:22

Me and my roommate live in the same house, and are running off of the same internet access. Does this mean that we can't complete the same offers and certain websites might view us as made up? We both have different credit cards and such that we are going to pay but we do not want to go any farther if living in the same household is going to be a problem. We have also thought of other things such as getting a P.O. box, anybody know a way around living in the same house but not being relatives?
Thanks in advance
Nikd

stueybaby17

04-03-2007 12:08:38

You can each do different sites. But being that you have the same IP you cannot both do the same site. Like you can do yournintendowii4free and your roommate can do yourps34free but you both can't do yourps34free.

With different names and credit cards you can complete the same offers but I dont' know if it would work because of the same address. A different PO box might help with completing the same offers.

But i know for a fact you cannot complete the same sites because you have the same IP address.

nikd

04-03-2007 12:15:45

Hey, what if say I took my laptop to Starbucks and did all my work there, then would we each both be able to sign up for the same websites?

stueybaby17

04-03-2007 12:18:02

Probably not. Someone may have signed up from there. And chances are the IP will be registered somehow to Starbucks or whever you do it and the site can tell, public IP's are not allowed.

DIABLO

04-03-2007 12:23:27

stueybaby17 is partially correct, however doing some of that may get you placed on hold for lying about your information or your offers reversed.

First, You can each sign up for different sites, but yournintendowii4free and yourps34free are both in the same network, meaning if that network sees 2 accounts from the same IP but with different information, they may think you are lying about it. There will be no way to legitly get off of hold. If I were you I would make a list of all of the networks that you might do, then choose one by one which one you can call "yours", that means that only you can sign up for it, and your roomate can't, so then you can be sure that s/he does not also make an account and get you placed on hold. Then take turns choosing them until they're all gone, just like you did when you were little and playing a game in school and you were picking your team.

Offers - Do NOT just use a different address, that is a guarentee you'll be placed on hold for offer fraud because they track by IP address, not physical address. I do not know if there is any way for you both to do the same offer, but I doubt there is any way unless you can change you're IP whenever you want without a proxy, but you are still in the same household so it might be offer fraud, you'd have to check with the owner of the site you were doing first.

stueybaby17

04-03-2007 12:32:18

[quote8a910a08c5="DIABLO"]
First, You can each sign up for different sites, but yournintendowii4free and yourps34free are both in the same network, meaning if that network sees 2 accounts from the same IP but with different information, they may think you are lying about it. There will be no way to legitly get off of hold. If I were you I would make a list of all of the networks that you might do, then choose one by one which one you can call "yours", that means that only you can sign up for it, and your roomate can't, so then you can be sure that s/he does not also make an account and get you placed on hold. Then take turns choosing them until they're all gone, just like you did when you were little and playing a game in school and you were picking your team.
[/quote8a910a08c5]

I see what you mean there, I thought that there wouldn't be a problem with that. But It would look kinda fishy. I would send in a support ticket just to make sure.

Some networks may allow that others may not.

nikd

04-03-2007 12:51:46

Thanks for the answers so far!
Ok so are we screwed does anybody else have roommates who do this successfully? If we cant get the same offers and cant do the same sites, what should we do? Act as if we are one person and split the money right down the middle? We both want to do this all the time but we are running into conflicts cuz we are hella good friends. Any help or advice from people who have been in similar predicaments would be great!!
Thanks

laurelwm

04-03-2007 15:24:19

[quote7d275d92eb="nikd"] If we cant get the same offers and cant do the same sites, what should we do? Act as if we are one person and split the money right down the middle?[/quote7d275d92eb]

That may be your best choice. I know my daughter and her roommate are in the same position. It is hard to split up the networks fairly, but that is what they are going to try to do (for example, one will do all the YourGiftsFree sites, and the other will do all the CustomOrderThis sites, etc). But it's hard to make it come out even. They'll have to be careful about offers also.

What ever you do - DON'T try to do it from a public place, friend's house, etc. Too much of a chance to end up with a duplicate IP..... Once you get put on hold, it can mess you up across the board.

Best wishes,

Laurel

gcabello

04-03-2007 22:43:20

Why don't both of you just split the profits? Why make this so difficult? Just do everything under one email address and go for cash and split it. if you want the products then take turns getting them.Stop trying to bypass the system it will only get you in trouble.