Can I cancel my offer?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=55746

stevejc

04-03-2007 10:15:44

I have read over the rules and believe I understand the process. I want to make sure I am doing it correctly.

I made an offer to someone on 2/10/07 to go green on my site. This person never confirmed the trade but went ahead & went yellow at my site. He marked on the trade module that he went green but after checking my site it indicated he only completed 42% of the offers.

I have PM'd him on 5 or 6 different occasions, some within the first 7 days and others after. The last time I heard from him was on 2/17 when he said he was going to check at his site and find out why his offer hasn't been confirmed. I have sent him 3 more messages since that time - on 2/18 & 2/27 and once again today 3/4. I have yet to hear from him. I have even told him that I was going to cancel the offer if he doesn't respond. That PM was on 2/27.

Can I cancel this offer? I want to make sure I am abiding to the rules of this forum. I want to finish my site out so I can get paid but still need one more offer to be completed.

Thank you!

stueybaby17

04-03-2007 10:20:10

I'm not good at dates, but it seems as if you have tried to contact him within the first 7 and next 7 days of the trade. As long as it has been two weeks from the 17th then yes you can request deletion and since he has not responded you will not be responsible for paying him if he does go green.

If he did contact you saying he was trying to go green between 2/17 and now then you can't cancel the trade. You can but if he goes green you will still have to pay him.

jy3

04-03-2007 11:26:17

i might give this person a little more time than that since he has gotten a part of the way towards green. or be willing to pay him appropriately should he green later.

laurelwm

04-03-2007 15:18:38

My recommendation, as long has he has not contacted you AT ALL in 14 days is to send one more PM saying "I have not heard from you in more than 14 days. If I don't hear from you by xxx time tomorrow (x/x), I will be cancelling our trade and will not owe you anything." Then you are covered, as long as you save you PMs if you should need them later.

Laurel

moviemadnessman

04-03-2007 15:45:05

Has he read the messages you have sent? If they are still sitting in your outbox, it could be possible that he hasn't been on, although he should have contacted you. I might suggest waiting a few more days if that's the case.

If he has read them, though, then I would do as laurel has said, and send one more PM saying that the trade will be canceled unless you hear from them by a certain time on a certain date.

stevejc

04-03-2007 18:26:02

[quoteebfceea3dd="moviemadnessman"]Has he read the messages you have sent? If they are still sitting in your outbox, it could be possible that he hasn't been on, although he should have contacted you. I might suggest waiting a few more days if that's the case.

If he has read them, though, then I would do as laurel has said, and send one more PM saying that the trade will be canceled unless you hear from them by a certain time on a certain date.[/quoteebfceea3dd]

How do you check to see if he has read my messages? Also, how do you add a karma point to some other trader? I have never done this.

Thanks for your help!

stevejc

04-03-2007 18:28:05

[quote34ecf161af="laurelwm"]My recommendation, as long has he has not contacted you AT ALL in 14 days is to send one more PM saying "I have not heard from you in more than 14 days. If I don't hear from you by xxx time tomorrow (x/x), I will be cancelling our trade and will not owe you anything." Then you are covered, as long as you save you PMs if you should need them later.

Laurel[/quote34ecf161af]

I have done this but will do it one more time (PM him with he has not contacted you AT ALL in 14 days is to send one more PM saying "I have not heard from you in more than 14 days. If I don't hear from you by xxx time tomorrow (x/x), I will be cancelling our trade and will not owe you anything."

Thanks Laurel!

moviemadnessman

04-03-2007 18:28:50

If a message is in your Outbox, then it has not been read yet.
If a message is in your Sentbox, then it has been read.

To give karma, I have a link in my signature. Also, there is a karma button right below a trader's TR, as well as in their profile.

Hope this helps.