noobie errors

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=55626

jeanne

03-03-2007 05:26:06

Would like your thoughts on this. Why don't feebiesites give some kind of heads up or warning if you are attempting to complete an offer twice? For noobs, this can be done inadvertently without any intention of defrauding. However, there doesn't seem to be any way of reviewing your mistake with some sites. Because this is such a serious mark on you, there should be some margin of forgiveness or chance to rectify for noobs who might make an error on their first few trades. But some sites won't even work with you on this, i.e. zeropricetags. Seems pretty harsh. J.

mikey85co

03-03-2007 06:43:03

I guess that since it is so harsh, the best thing to do is just keep really good records. I have a couple of excel spreadsheets (I've heard open office spreadsheets works good too) I keep track of who Im doing offers for, what site it is, what my reward is, what offer, how long the trial is, what date I sign up, customer service contact info, member info, price, login. It's a good bit of work, but keeps me from signing up twice. On the bright side, if you use the same information all around, a lot of offers will not let you go through the signup process, or will even tell you that you have already signed up. Let me know if you have any questions.

dmorris68

03-03-2007 10:15:03

Freebie sites themselves have no way of knowing that you've completed an offer before, unless it's on their same site, and even then most freebie scripts can't or won't block offer completion attempts based on past clicks. The offer sponsor themselves are the final judge of whether an offer was ever completed successfully or not, not the freebie site. Also, I can forsee sponsor offers changing their verbiage or other ad details, such that it could look like a different offer to a simple computer check but would in fact be the same as the old offer. Setting an expectation that your script will prevent people from duping offers, and then having a rewritten offer slip through, could open you up to more liability. So most freebie sites are going to put the burden of due diligence on you.

It's everyone's responsibility to keep up with their offer completions, it's just one of the rules of the game. The problem is newbies hear about freebies, get all excited and want to just jump in head first without knowing what their doing. And these are the prices they pay. But it's how they learn. Going on hold on a single network hurts, but in most cases won't affect your participation with other sites, unless you've been blatant about scamming and the site owners talk to each other.