Question

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=55330

fp-work

28-02-2007 07:40:11

Im new to the site to and have done just about 3-4 full trades (2 are still pending 1 waiting on tr) Now I've probably attempted maybe 9 offers and failed at most of them (in receiving credit)

Being that I'm New i would really really appreciate a guide on "going green and keeping track"

Im not very familiar with excel But I heard its a good way to keep track of the sites you visit, the products you order and when the free trial expires.

if anyone has a sample of what their excel sheet looks like, I would really appreciate it (just to have an idea what i should have and what i should keep track of an what not)

zr2152

28-02-2007 08:11:12

site-offer completed-who paid me (username and paypal addresss)-date that site was done- how much i paid-how much offer cost me-profit.

fp-work

28-02-2007 08:31:06

Thanks! ) thats definately a start. D

laurelwm

28-02-2007 09:19:16

Being a little older than the two of you roll I went the old fashioned route - I have a spiral notebook (although I'm thinking about switching to a 3-ring binder) with sections for Sites I've signed up for, Offers I've done (& where), Sites I'm working, and Refs I owe money to (after approval), with tabs on each section.

Maybe I just don't think of computer stuff first.......... but if my computer crashes, I have a hard copy of everything. lol

Laurel

PS Oh, yah, and it has a pocket in the back for printed receipts and delivery confirmation receipts.

onestepback

28-02-2007 09:44:01

Being a little older than the two of you I went the old fashioned route - I have a spiral notebook (although I'm thinking about switching to a 3-ring binder) with sections for Sites I've signed up for, Offers I've done (& where), Sites I'm working, and Refs I owe money to (after approval), with tabs on each section.

Maybe I just don't think of computer stuff first.......... but if my computer crashes, I have a hard copy of everything.

Laurel

PS Oh, yah, and it has a pocket in the back for printed receipts and delivery confirmation receipts.

I don't know why but that made me giggle, hahaha who would have thought to use a notebook, I use the calendar on my wall, yahoo calendar with reminders and my spiral notepad with a folder for the receipts I printed out. Just to be on the safe side ))

gator1002

28-02-2007 10:36:55

just us old guys I also use the notebook method

laurelwm

28-02-2007 11:07:18

Great - maybe we should start an "Older folks like real paper" club ......

But really, on the days that the Forum site was down, it was nice to have the websites of my trades written down, so I could check stuff anyway. And my computer is an older folk too (about 3 1/2 years ond - ancient in computer years !!), so it is not always reliable.

Laurel

Hunter_82

28-02-2007 11:12:48

I'm only 25 and i use a notebook! I use the computer also, but i like having it all on paper just in case!

laurelwm

28-02-2007 11:22:35

[quote4e3c0f16ff="Hunter_82"]I'm only 25 and i use a notebook! I use the computer also, but i like having it all on paper just in case![/quote4e3c0f16ff]

So good to hear some of you young'uns still know what paper is. There is hope for the world after all........ lol lol

To hear my teenagers talk, we should abolish paper and just use computers......... great until they all crash and we end up in the stone age.

Laurel

LUISANNA85

28-02-2007 12:10:02

i use a steno notebook

drako155

28-02-2007 12:51:14

I'm 22 and like to have it on paper. That way i can look back at it often.

fp-work

01-03-2007 12:20:58

i though paper would ahve been easier...i think ill use a notebook. to be honest i just cant STAND excel.

coolvaughan

01-03-2007 22:09:55

If you know how to use excel it is like a gift from god. I have one Excel file with three Sheets listing everything from offers, to payouts, to prizes, to sites, etc. I like it especially for site I am working on because I can use "Functions" to easily calculate my ratio per referral, my total profit and what not.

fp-work

02-03-2007 06:16:44

if you could write a mini guide on how to use excel to benefit the referrals for this site it would be kick ass! D