had to create new account, highly upset

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=54737

bones000sw

21-02-2007 20:05:47

for some reason my account somehow got deleted and i had to start register for another account, all of my comments and trade history and everything is gone, what's going on?

21-02-2007 20:14:57

that happened to me as well, i don't know what happened

condra

21-02-2007 20:28:54

how about you pm a mod? he'll probably help you...

BD2006BD

21-02-2007 20:43:56

Same problem happened to me. The database crashed and took some users down with it. I PMd dmorris and he helped me get my old account back.

dmorris68

21-02-2007 20:58:53

What was your old account name? The most recent data I could pull would be from around Feb 6th. Don't initiate any trades or do much serious posting with this new account, as I will disable it if/when I restore your old account, and I won't be merging data between accounts.

Our database has been having some issues lately that we haven't been able to track down and fix yet, hence the table crashes that cause data loss. I just scheduled weekly full DB backups so from now on we should be able to recover no later than one week ago. As soon as we can figure out an incremental DB backup solution, we'll do daily incrementals if we can afford the space.

arie85

22-02-2007 00:50:00

[quote52158b6bf8="dmorris68"]What was your old account name? The most recent data I could pull would be from around Feb 6th. Don't initiate any trades or do much serious posting with this new account, as I will disable it if/when I restore your old account, and I won't be merging data between accounts.

Our database has been having some issues lately that we haven't been able to track down and fix yet, hence the table crashes that cause data loss. I just scheduled weekly full DB backups so from now on we should be able to recover no later than one week ago. As soon as we can figure out an incremental DB backup solution, we'll do daily incrementals if we can afford the space.[/quote52158b6bf8]

I saw your PHP sessions catch a lot of your CPU Quota, this problem is pretty known - if you're using a hosting ask your hosting company to increase your CPU Quota (sometimes you need to pay for it)

Also, make sure you don't run too many procedures at the same time on SQL - the server won't be able to "carry" it

bones000sw

22-02-2007 06:28:16

my old account name is the same as the new account name (bones000sw) that's how i knew my old account was gone because it let me create a new account with the same name, please help me get my old account back, thanks

dmorris68

22-02-2007 06:38:09

[quoteb74a01b8fc="bones000sw"]my old account name is the same as the new account name (bones000sw) that's how i knew my old account was gone because it let me create a new account with the same name, please help me get my old account back, thanks[/quoteb74a01b8fc]
I'll restore what I have as of the last backup.

[bb74a01b8fc]Edit[/bb74a01b8fc] You weren't in the last backup. ( I've PM'd you -- if you can help me identify any trades you had completed or were in-progress, I can probably link your old account trades with this new account.

[quoteb74a01b8fc="arie85"]I saw your PHP sessions catch a lot of your CPU Quota, this problem is pretty known - if you're using a hosting ask your hosting company to increase your CPU Quota (sometimes you need to pay for it)

Also, make sure you don't run too many procedures at the same time on SQL - the server won't be able to "carry" it[/quoteb74a01b8fc]
It's probably pointless to reply to this since you appear to be banned, but I'll just go ahead and say that we "own" this box -- it's a dedicated host -- and we have all the CPU and RAM we want. That isn't causing the db problems, we never had this problem on shared hosts where we DIDN'T have a lot of CPU/RAM resources.

And thanks, but I'm well aware of the query impact on an application. I've only been doing this for 20+ years. ;) However this is phpBB, not something I've written (and with some of the awful phpBB code I'm seeing, I would lineverli write), along with a hodge-podge of add-on modules that I also didn't write, therefore without a total refactoring of the entire thing (not gonna happen), or a clean start with a fresh and stripped down phpBB install (unlikely to happen), we just have to tweak as we find problem areas.

bones000sw

22-02-2007 06:39:50

[quote9f75eac50d="dmorris68"][quote9f75eac50d="bones000sw"]my old account name is the same as the new account name (bones000sw) that's how i knew my old account was gone because it let me create a new account with the same name, please help me get my old account back, thanks[/quote9f75eac50d]
I'll restore what I have as of the last backup.

[quote9f75eac50d="arie85"]I saw your PHP sessions catch a lot of your CPU Quota, this problem is pretty known - if you're using a hosting ask your hosting company to increase your CPU Quota (sometimes you need to pay for it)

Also, make sure you don't run too many procedures at the same time on SQL - the server won't be able to "carry" it[/quote9f75eac50d]
It's probably pointless to reply to this since you appear to be banned, but I'll just go ahead and say that we "own" this box -- it's a dedicated host -- and we have all the CPU and RAM we want. That isn't causing the db problems, we never had this problem on shared hosts where we DIDN'T have a lot of CPU/RAM resources.

And thanks, but I'm well aware of the query impact on an application. I've only been doing this for 20+ years. ;) However this is phpBB, not something I've written (and with some of the awful phpBB code I'm seeing, I would lineverli write), along with a hodge-podge of add-on modules that I also didn't write, therefore without a total refactoring of the entire thing (not gonna happen), or a clean start with a fresh and stripped down phpBB install (unlikely to happen), we just have to tweak as we find problem areas.[/quote9f75eac50d]

Thanks so much