Expensive Offer - Anything I can do about it?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=54723

Chaz

21-02-2007 18:59:09

I feel like I just got scammed. I did an offer for MY PRO SMILE. It's $4.97 shipping for the trial offer. You have 7 days for shipment and 7 days to try it. The shipment came late, too much time went by and I cancelled 2 days late. That cost me $79.82. Is there anything that I can do about it? The company could see that I was not happy with the outcome so they gave me $1,000 certificate to spend at eliteshoppingnetwork. That is a joke. The trinkets that they offer cost more for shipping than for what the item would cost.

condra

21-02-2007 19:02:35

hmm what's with the 1000 $ card?

well i would explain the situation to the company and ask for a refund; if the shipment came so late

unknown uchiha

21-02-2007 19:54:28

I say, go ahead and clean that site out. $1000 is cool, they offer free fedex ground right?

Just go ahead and clean them out of all the good stuff. Luggage, crappy DVD players, etc.

arie85

21-02-2007 20:00:56

[quote486e2ddba4="Chaz"]I feel like I just got scammed. I did an offer for MY PRO SMILE. It's $4.97 shipping for the trial offer. You have 7 days for shipment and 7 days to try it. The shipment came late, too much time went by and I cancelled 2 days late. That cost me $79.82. Is there anything that I can do about it? The company could see that I was not happy with the outcome so they gave me $1,000 certificate to spend at eliteshoppingnetwork. That is a joke. The trinkets that they offer cost more for shipping than for what the item would cost.[/quote486e2ddba4]

nothing much to do now, you can take it as a lesson and try to becareful with thing you see at first glass, better watch the small letterz next time

Chaz

22-02-2007 11:27:05

Thanks for the input. I guess I have to eat it. But I don't think some of you have the right idea about the $1000 gift certificate. The items are paid for but the shipping and handling are not. So the problem is the price of the shipping and handling is more than what you could buy the item for. Her is an example Coby Slim CD Player Built-In Wireless Trans ...SRP $101.95
You Only Pay Price, S&H $36.95
I could buy this cheap item at Wally World for less than $36.95. What are they really giving me? Nothing valuable.
But I'll take your advice, read it twice, act on it soon.

moviemadnessman

22-02-2007 11:34:12

If you had called them and let them know how long it took to get to you, and expressed how you didn't get to fully try their product (the site says it only takes 7 days but a rep told me a month), then they should have been willing to try and offer you another week on your trial. I know that when I did the offer, I called them about it, and they added another week to my trial, although I honestly didn't find their product all that effective anyway.

Hopefully you could call and get something else worked out, but it might be too late. Sorry to hear about this happening.

krayf

22-02-2007 16:36:36

I had a similiar situation with an offer I did and they refunded me 3/4 of the cost. I wouldn't give up, I would explain it to someone else at the company you ordered your offer/trial from and see what happens..... good luck!

harley_girl1963

26-02-2007 06:39:13

Several times, I have requested an extension because my product hadn't arrived or arrived too late to try it. Each time, I was given the extension with no problems.

sheshe

27-02-2007 15:47:39

does any one know if you have to return this product if you are not going to keep it? i've cancelled, but do i need to return unused product?

moviemadnessman

27-02-2007 15:49:14

You don't have to return unused product.

Also, don't talk about cancellation anywhere in public view on the forums. You are supposed to be doing offers you want to keep ...

sheshe

27-02-2007 15:55:06

thanks .... no problem.