How do I deal with this?!?!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=54573

PeterGriffin1Fan

20-02-2007 08:09:09

Setup a trade with someone and they said they signed up and completed a couple of offers on a Free4Me.net site. I told them that I didn't see a new email sign up underneath me yet. I asked if they used the link I gave in the trader forum (I checked that I inputted right with the referral code) and they said yes. They gave me their signup email and still nothing of the sort on my side.

What should I do? Support ticket to Free4Me? What if they claim that I'm frauding them? I don't think I should pay if it doesn't show up on my end.

condra

20-02-2007 08:12:44

no, but you should check with the free4me...cause sometimes it happends, never heard on free4me network, but who knows...

laurelwm

20-02-2007 08:20:22

Has happened to me a couple of times on different sites. Most of the times, it has been traced to an error on the part of the person signing up, but I did have one person who just showed up under someone else and no one seems to be able to figure out why.

Open a support ticket on the site, tell them "My friend signed up using the email= email=xxxxx@xx.xxxxxxx@xx.xx email=xxxxx@xx.xxxxxxx@xx.xx/email but isn't showing up on my site. " and they should be able to track it.

And, no, as long as you can prove they aren't on your account, you should not have to pay them.

Laurel

PeterGriffin1Fan

20-02-2007 08:27:59

Thank you very much ladies. I have opened a support ticket and followed up with the person.

stueybaby17

20-02-2007 09:09:37

[quote6109d62738="laurelwm"]

And, no, as long as you can prove they aren't on your account, you should not have to pay them.

Laurel[/quote6109d62738]

I completly agree as long as the error was not on your part. Which in this case it was not. So you should not have to pay them.

gator1002

21-02-2007 06:23:09

I have had this same thing with newbies going to the site and looking then comming back at a later time to sign up then they are signrd up with no referal. one site Im working on will not move them. (Fred)