Deletion of trades

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=53997

krayf

13-02-2007 20:51:19

I have a ? regarding what to do with trades that are just never going to happen. I've set some up with people and they have not done anything for a week or more. I've emailed them with no response and checked to see if they read my email and they haven't. Being that they had TR of 0, how can I just totally delete the trade(s)? I know I can request deletion but it still puts the trade in my "hidden" trades.

How does everyone handle this? I just want to make sure I'm doing it right....... thanks!

condra

13-02-2007 20:52:47

well teachnically you're supposed to wait 2 weeks and contact then each 7 days before cancelling the trade. only excepton i think are the unconfirmed trades

laurelwm

14-02-2007 07:08:07

If the trades are unconfirmed, "request deletion" will remove them totally. If they have been confirmed, you have to wait 14 days, with proof that you attempted to contact them in the first 7 days and the second 7 days. I usually send an email on the 12-13th day, stating "If I have not heard from you by xxxx, I will be deleting our trade and will not owe you anything.", assuming it was a paying after green (or on approval) trade.

If it was a site for site trade, and you have already done your part, I would PM a mod to see what can be done, but if they never come back, you are most likely out of luck there.

Hope this helps answer your questions.

Laurel

krayf

14-02-2007 19:46:15

Will the trades be deleted after a certain amount of time. For example, I have sent PM's and am approaching 2 weeks.... I've requested deletion. Do I have to PM a moderator for the trades to totally delete or will at some point they do it on their own?

thanks for your replies.....

stueybaby17

14-02-2007 20:12:59

[quote8e6df37e5a="laurelwm"]If the trades are unconfirmed, "request deletion" will remove them totally.
Laurel[/quote8e6df37e5a]

I did that tonight and it's still in my hidden trades.

moviemadnessman

14-02-2007 20:18:05

[quotec30ddd2c53="stueybaby17"][quotec30ddd2c53="laurelwm"]If the trades are unconfirmed, "request deletion" will remove them totally.
Laurel[/quotec30ddd2c53]

I did that tonight and it's still in my hidden trades.[/quotec30ddd2c53]

If it really was unconfirmed, it shouldn't be. Maybe the system hasn't checked it yet.

stueybaby17

14-02-2007 20:20:45

No
Show $10 for green and $10 on approval for yourps34free

And it says request deletion.

How often does the system check. It's been about an hour.

moviemadnessman

14-02-2007 20:23:31

If you initiated and they were unconfirmed, it will remove instantly. I wouldn't know why it would do otherwise, because it hasn't taken that long for me.

stueybaby17

14-02-2007 20:37:31

[quoteac4eb7e2b8="moviemadnessman"]If you initiated and they were unconfirmed, it will remove instantly. I wouldn't know why it would do otherwise, because it hasn't taken that long for me.[/quoteac4eb7e2b8]

They are unconfirmed, but it didn't remove it. Beats me.

stueybaby17

14-02-2007 20:40:09

I have a bunch. . . many from days ago. This one is weird too . .

No
Show $8 for green and $10 on approval for money.123stuffforfree stueybaby17
Updated
031617pm 02/12/07
Updated
N/A
Edit
No contact info inserted.
Edit No contact info inserted.

Request Deletion Negotiation

The server went down and lost the info for the user I was trading with.

But that is still there and so are a bunch of other ones from even further back

maksmom

25-02-2007 13:19:07

I had an issue with that, too. I initiated a trade with a guy who had said go ahead. The guy didn't PM me back or even log into this site, basically dropped of the face of the earth for a few days. I really though he had decided not to pursue this stuff (he was a newbie and some of them follow through, some of them don't), so I requested deletion of the unconfirmed trade. It went into "hidden trades" but did not completely drop off. Then, the next morning, what do you know, the guy was back and had confirmed our trade (with my "request deletion" still sitting there). And once again, haven't heard from him since, no pm replies, hasn't even gone yellow. I thought the rules said an unconfirmed trade could be deleted...I tried to, but am now stuck since he confirmed it after I requested deletion. Now I have to wait at least 14 days before I can go any further...A bit confused over here...

stueybaby17

25-02-2007 13:31:07

[quote477b5b019a="maksmom"]I had an issue with that, too. I initiated a trade with a guy who had said go ahead. The guy didn't PM me back or even log into this site, basically dropped of the face of the earth for a few days. I really though he had decided not to pursue this stuff (he was a newbie and some of them follow through, some of them don't), so I requested deletion of the unconfirmed trade. It went into "hidden trades" but did not completely drop off. Then, the next morning, what do you know, the guy was back and had confirmed our trade (with my "request deletion" still sitting there). And once again, haven't heard from him since, no pm replies, hasn't even gone yellow. I thought the rules said an unconfirmed trade could be deleted...I tried to, but am now stuck since he confirmed it after I requested deletion. Now I have to wait at least 14 days before I can go any further...A bit confused over here...[/quote477b5b019a]

I think I figured it out. If you edited the trade and added your referal link or anything else. I dont' think it can be deleted. At least that's what it seems like to me.

maksmom

25-02-2007 13:36:49

Hmmm...that would make sense, since I had already entered the link. I guess from now on, I'll make sure the trade is confirmed before I put in the link.

laurelwm

25-02-2007 14:03:54

Except some people won't confirm it if the link isn't there......... could go either way I guess. I just don't worry about what's in my hidden trades, only the visible ones.

Laurel

condra

25-02-2007 14:50:12

hmm you can take out your link after you request deletion just to make sure they don't signup...newbs D

maksmom

25-02-2007 15:29:41

You are all very helpful...karma for you all!

ew1075

25-02-2007 15:31:01

[quoteb6a2ca1761="stueybaby17"][quoteb6a2ca1761="moviemadnessman"]If you initiated and they were unconfirmed, it will remove instantly. I wouldn't know why it would do otherwise, because it hasn't taken that long for me.[/quoteb6a2ca1761]

They are unconfirmed, but it didn't remove it. Beats me.[/quoteb6a2ca1761]

Requesting deletion doesn't remove them, it's just puts them on your hidden list. They are still there if you click "show hidden".

moviemadnessman

25-02-2007 16:48:30

[quote1c0f4d3aab="ew1075"]Requesting deletion doesn't remove them, it's just puts them on your hidden list. They are still there if you click "show hidden".[/quote1c0f4d3aab]

If they are unconfirmed, and you are not the one who initiated, then they will be put in hidden possibly. However, it they are unconfirmed and you initiated the trade, then when you chose to cancel it they should be removed immediately, not placed into hidden trades.

condra

25-02-2007 17:22:18

hmm....
now when i initiate and the person dn confirm it, it goes hidden.
if they initiated it and i request deletion, it deletes itself automatically.

that's the way i observed it....and when someone didn't confirm it and i tell themjust request deletion, it dissapears from my list

moviemadnessman

25-02-2007 17:25:46

I dunno. I only had to cancel one trade, and it was one I initiated. When I selected to cancel it, it just disappeared.

But even if it doesn't disappear, being hidden still takes it off your screen, so there is no need to worry about it, right? At some point it will eventually be taken care of.

krayf

25-02-2007 17:34:38

[quoteec089233c4="moviemadnessman"]I dunno. I only had to cancel one trade, and it was one I initiated. When I selected to cancel it, it just disappeared.

But even if it doesn't disappear, being hidden still takes it off your screen, so there is no need to worry about it, right? [bec089233c4]At some point it will eventually be taken care of.[/quoteec089233c4][/bec089233c4]

Anybody know when that might be or how that works. I've got confirmed trades in my hidden trades that are three weeks old. No response from the other trader and they are not yellow either. I've requested deletion but when do they "just disappear"?

moviemadnessman

25-02-2007 17:37:37

[quote3e1110637a="krayf"][quote3e1110637a="moviemadnessman"]I dunno. I only had to cancel one trade, and it was one I initiated. When I selected to cancel it, it just disappeared.

But even if it doesn't disappear, being hidden still takes it off your screen, so there is no need to worry about it, right? [b3e1110637a]At some point it will eventually be taken care of.[/quote3e1110637a][/b3e1110637a]

Anybody know when that might be or how that works. I've got confirmed trades in my hidden trades that are three weeks old. No response from the other trader and they are not yellow either. I've requested deletion but when do they "just disappear"?[/quote3e1110637a]

If they are confirmed, then you need the other user to also request deletion. If there has been at least 2 weeks without contact, and you've tried contacting them at least once every 7 days, then contact a mod and they should be able to remove the trade for you.

Only unconfirmed trades should disappear on their own.

maksmom

25-02-2007 17:52:27

That didn't happen in my case...I had initiated the trade, but it was still unconfirmed when I requested deletion. It did go to hidden trades, but when I checked my trades the next day and did "show all trades", it was still there, then later the other guy came in and confirmed it. So it makes no sense to me that just because it's hidden for you it disappears and you don't have to worry about it anymore. What if I had just let it go and not looked at it again and the other guy confirmed, went green and demanded his money when I didn't need his green anymore? Where would the proof be that I had requested deletion of his unconfirmed trade before he had confirmed? It's not actually an issue for me anymore, but I think this really needs to be clarified for the future...

ew1075

25-02-2007 17:54:39

I have had unconfirmed trades that I have requested for deletion from both ends, and mine has always gone to the hidden list. The only way I have been able to delete a trade is by having someone else set it up, and then not confirming the trade.

moviemadnessman

25-02-2007 17:57:08

This is the point of this thread where I say, "I have no idea why it worked the way it did for me." The trade that I had to cancel is gone, both from visible and hidden views. It seems that it goes to hidden trades for many of you, and I cannot say why it didn't for me.

My only guess, seeing all this, would be that it did go to the hidden trades, but the mods were lightning fast and removed it before I looked. I honestly don't know though, so I think it would be pretty cool for a mod to give us the official answer about what happens when deleting both confirmed and unconfirmed trades.