Am I doing this right??

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=53985

raiderland6

13-02-2007 18:36:06

Hi, this is my first time on the site and I've basically been here all day trying to become familiar with everything. So far I've done about 4 transactions, with only one being fully completed. The others are hung up on credit issues. It seems however that I am paying to get paid..if that makes any sense. I keep paying shipping fees and signing up for crap I could easily do without, so I've lost about 15 dollars today, which isn't much but still...is this the way it's supposed to run?

rooster

13-02-2007 18:37:08

yep

raiderland6

13-02-2007 18:44:39

OMG lol, that made me smile lol. Well I'm very glad I'm on the right track even though I lost some money today. I have a quick question though, if I do two ads from the same company for credit, do they count as one or are they counted separately? I did 2 half credits for Bargain Network and one of them wasn't counted towards my credit total. Is it because they're from the same company?

laurelwm

13-02-2007 18:47:13

You can only do each offer once. Some companies offer different products and will let you do each product once (I believe Bargain network does cars, houses, & something else). Be sure to read the Terms of Service before signing up.

And yes, at first you will not break even, but if you keep with it, you should show a profit (especially after your first site cashout).

Laurel

moviemadnessman

13-02-2007 18:47:42

If they are the same offer, then it will only count once. If it is slightly different, like Bargain Homes and Bargain Cars, then it should count as two.

Doing the same offer multiple times can get you in trouble, though.

raiderland6

13-02-2007 19:05:28

Yes I made sure that the two offers I did were different. I have the confirmation emails for Bargain Autos and Bargain Homes. Thank you for your words of encouragement Laurel ). I'd love to keep trying at this, especially since I know I'm doing it correctly, because I have a specific goal I'd like to meet and I think this site can help me do it. Thank you all for your responses!!!

mexmarr

14-02-2007 13:47:00

I signed up for those very same two offers and have confirmation emails from both of them. I have only been credited for one of them as well. Could our situations be related?

Ray1960

16-02-2007 15:07:45

well at least uall are getting tr i got three of them out there and i seem to be stuck lol. shock everyone keeps saying shouldnt take but day or less to get a TR.I am working on a week on 2 of my offers.but i guess i will just have to wait and wait lol.

moviemadnessman

16-02-2007 15:11:42

[quote85cdc218cb="Ray1960"]well at least uall are getting tr i got three of them out there and i seem to be stuck lol. shock everyone keeps saying shouldnt take but day or less to get a TR.I am working on a week on 2 of my offers.but i guess i will just have to wait and wait lol.[/quote85cdc218cb]

So you have completed the offers and are confirmed green and have been paid by the people you signed up under, and both of you have switched to Requesting TR in the trade module?

Or have you not been credited for the offers, and are still waiting for them to credit even though a week has passed?

V-Bux Dave

17-02-2007 16:45:01

[quote06b6a60c2f="raiderland6"]Hi, this is my first time on the site and I've basically been here all day trying to become familiar with everything. So far I've done about 4 transactions, with only one being fully completed. The others are hung up on credit issues. It seems however that I am paying to get paid..if that makes any sense. I keep paying shipping fees and signing up for crap I could easily do without, so I've lost about 15 dollars today, which isn't much but still...is this the way it's supposed to run?[/quote06b6a60c2f]

Raiderland,

I answered a similar post on Anything4Free a week or so ago from a guy who said he had spent $100 on 6 offers, and only 1 of them credited, and that 1 was a cost of $50 for a referral that was going to pay him $25. Not to plagiarize another site, but let me quote my response (since I was the original author, I should think I can do that!)

[quote06b6a60c2f]
I'm a relative newbie, so take this for what it's worth, but that's a little difficult to understand. I've done dozens of offers, and only spent more than $5.95 (USD) on a handful of occasions. I spent $30 in prepaid postage on a Pitney-Bowes machine that I can use in my business, but the postage will be used, and unused postage can be refunded, so that doesn't really count. I spent $10 on an official NASCAR members club, but they promised a $10 gas rebate, so that will pay for itself. I spent $9.95 on the Carleton Sheets course, but the site (psp.getstuff4free) was featuring the offer and promised to credit your PayPal account with $10 to cover it (which they did). With those exceptions, everything else has been free (possibly with a couple dollars for shipping and handling) or $1 trial memberships (many of which provide a $10 gift card to someplace).

Certainly, there are offers out there that will cost you $50 or more to sign up, but I don't see myself being in a position where I am forced to choose them in order to qualify for a site (and, if I was, I would not do that site).

So, I'm not sure what you're doing wrong, but, yes, if you're spending $100 to qualify for a site, you're not going to make money. And, if you're doing 6 offers with only one of them crediting, you need to look at your browser and security settings to see if there is a problem there keeping you from getting credit.

The most offers I have done for a single site is 6 for dell.v-bux (5 initially, plus 1 substitute offer to replace one that didn't credit and I didn't want to wait forever for the manual credit). The total out of pocket for all 6 was $6.97. I was paid $35 by my trader. But, more importantly, I am now qualified on dell.v-bux, and that's nearly a license to print money. Here's why.

The referrals on dell.v-bux are worth $100 a piece. ($100 PayPal for 1 referral, $200 for 2, etc., up to $1000 for 10, or roughly equivalent merchandise awards). If you look on the [TradingPost] forum, you will likely see people buying those referrals for $30-$50. (The going rate to buy referrals seems to be in the range of 1/3 to 1/2 the value of the referral, though you can obviously offer or accept anything you want.) So now, all I have to do is decide how much money I have available to invest, and, with a little patience and effort, I can double to triple that money, up to $1000.

So, that's how you make money. (IMHO)
[/quote06b6a60c2f]

Hope that helps some.

mexmarr

17-02-2007 19:26:28

[quote4958f45522="moviemadnessman"][quote4958f45522="Ray1960"]well at least uall are getting tr i got three of them out there and i seem to be stuck lol. shock everyone keeps saying shouldnt take but day or less to get a TR.I am working on a week on 2 of my offers.but i guess i will just have to wait and wait lol.[/quote4958f45522]

So you have completed the offers and are confirmed green and have been paid by the people you signed up under, and both of you have switched to Requesting TR in the trade module?

Or have you not been credited for the offers, and are still waiting for them to credit even though a week has passed?[/quote4958f45522]

I still haven't been credited. Waiting..... I did receive a confirmation e-mail and I have requested credit. NO news, though.....

jdizzle314

17-02-2007 19:29:57

I would suggest you rad the tutorial on how to make sure your stuff credits