Is a PM a commitment?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=53943

mexmarr

13-02-2007 13:02:05

This morning I wanted to go green right away. I pm'ed someone about an offer, but then realized they were not online. I just said that I was interested. Am I committed to do that offer if he wants?

The reason that I ask is since I am new, I want to get paid 1-2 times before I go all out. I don't want to make too many commitments quite yet. Can I pm several people and just go with the one who answers first.

I just wasn't sure if it was ethical to pm one person first and then go with another.

If I am convinced that this works, I'll probably end up doing a lot. I just want to start a little slower.

Thanks for your help.

condra

13-02-2007 13:05:27

well if you say you're interested thats not really a commitment, just showing interest. once you confirmed the trade you're ''commited'', but even then you can backup if you let the other trader know...

laurelwm

13-02-2007 13:08:43

PMs are not a commitment, but if you are fishing for offers, it's usually best to make some kind of "first come first served" statement. When I send PMs about sites I am paying for, I specify how many referral I need, and if more people than that PM me, I tell them that site is done and offer alternatives.

So, essentially, you are not commited, but in the future, you may want to take care how you phrase things.

Laurel

PS If you are interested in getting paid for sites, PM me for my list.

DIABLO

13-02-2007 13:14:36

Yes, they are correct. You can back out any time as long as the other side agrees or they haven't done their part.

What's with you guys trying to get her to sign up for your sites?

condra

13-02-2007 13:18:53

well, we always need refs you know ) and willing to help a newbie.

i guess that its somehow taking advantage of the fact that she'll have a positive feeling about suscribing under us bcause we answered her questions nicely P

stueybaby17

13-02-2007 13:27:57

While we are on that question. I have one to add. I know that if a trade is set up and confirmed and attempted and you cannot get in contact with the person you have to wait 14 days. With at least one attempt to contact the person during each 7 day period.

But what If you set up a trade and the person confirms it and that's it. You wait a few days, send a couple PM's, and no response?

It is appropriate to cancel a trade then? I mean if they are yellow, I know you have to give them the 14 days. But if no attempt was made to complete the site do you still have to give them the 14 days?

It's not really like you are screwing them over, they have nothing into the site and they would be able to do it for somebody else.

laurelwm

13-02-2007 13:28:43

[quote3250e78278="condra"]well, we always need refs you know ) and willing to help a newbie.

i guess that its somehow taking advantage of the fact that she'll have a positive feeling about suscribing under us bcause we answered her questions nicely P[/quote3250e78278]

Yah, that about covers it.......

Laurel

PS But I am always willing to answer questions, even when it does not involve any benefit to me.

condra

13-02-2007 13:31:33

[quote0167e83fcd="stueybaby17"]While we are on that question. I have one to add. I know that if a trade is set up and confirmed and attempted and you cannot get in contact with the person you have to wait 14 days. With at least one attempt to contact the person during each 7 day period.

But what If you set up a trade and the person confirms it and that's it. You wait a few days, send a couple PM's, and no response?

It is appropriate to cancel a trade then? I mean if they are yellow, I know you have to give them the 14 days. But if no attempt was made to complete the site do you still have to give them the 14 days?

It's not really like you are screwing them over, they have nothing into the site and they would be able to do it for somebody else.[/quote0167e83fcd]

I SINCERELY think the rules should be updated for that one
at leat, if you go in a trip or vacation, TELL PPL!!!

i have refs pending, which I know that will probably not turn green, but nothing to do according to the forum rules
oh well....

i try send them a last pm, telling that I need them to contact me asap. what else can we do?

DIABLO

13-02-2007 13:32:31

[quote35d08774a7="stueybaby17"]While we are on that question. I have one to add. I know that if a trade is set up and confirmed and attempted and you cannot get in contact with the person you have to wait 14 days. With at least one attempt to contact the person during each 7 day period.

It's not really like you are screwing them over, they have nothing into the site and they would be able to do it for somebody else.[/quote35d08774a7]

Yes, you do. You can find another ref if you want, but if that person come back and does an offer you have to pay them. And yes, you kind of would be screwing them over. They can only sign up for each site once.

condra and laurelwm - What are signatures for? ?

stueybaby17

13-02-2007 13:35:05

[quote103a760eec="DIABLO"][quote103a760eec="stueybaby17"]While we are on that question. I have one to add. I know that if a trade is set up and confirmed and attempted and you cannot get in contact with the person you have to wait 14 days. With at least one attempt to contact the person during each 7 day period.

It's not really like you are screwing them over, they have nothing into the site and they would be able to do it for somebody else.[/quote103a760eec]

And yes, you kind of would be screwing them over. They can only sign up for each site once.

condra and laurelwm - What are signatures for? ?[/quote103a760eec]

Why would I be screwing them over. The confirmed the trade, but hey never signed up for the site, never put their email address into the site, and never went yellow. So they are never signing up for the site at all. So they can still sign up for the site.

condra

13-02-2007 13:36:21

well we can add trade topics to that too, i mean obviously ppl will know we want greens if we have a trade post and a signature

didn't mean to push anyone to anything ) just promoting....