??? Violation of Terms.. www.trainn.org

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=53781

JGillespie433

11-02-2007 15:54:05

I had an offer that was closed because of "multiple users".( See e-mail below) I don't have anyone else using my account or am I trying to create multiple accounts. I don't understand this.. can anyone explain it a litte to me what might have happened???

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!

The account was closed as multiple users have created and pursued
account on
YourNintendoWii4free.com from the same location as yourself. As
declared in
the Terms and Conditions, due to the nature of the offer, we must
enforce a
strict one account per location limit. Users registering for more the
one
account per site from each location is a violation and, as a result,
the
violating accounts have been closed.

B.A.
Account Services
Transcendent Innovations
www.trainn.org

hehehhehe

11-02-2007 16:25:44

Did someone sign up for the same sites you've done (as your ref or not) using the same computer?

aphipher

11-02-2007 16:57:56

I have received this same email from trainn, and am waiting for a reply. Right now I am being told it's because of a proxy. Not sure, this is all I know for now.

unknown uchiha

11-02-2007 17:06:15

Are you using a proxy?

JGillespie433

11-02-2007 18:45:31

[quoted1f5843069="hehehhehe"]Did someone sign up for the same sites you've done (as your ref or not) using the same computer?[/quoted1f5843069]

No.. no one uses this computer but me..

JGillespie433

11-02-2007 18:46:42

[quote7750cdff8c="aphipher"]I have received this same email from trainn, and am waiting for a reply. Right now I am being told it's because of a proxy. Not sure, this is all I know for now.[/quote7750cdff8c]

I don't know what a proxy is.. I don't think I have/use one either..

kidd2108

11-02-2007 18:49:50

Whats your ISP? Did you use Aol or Aol Browser or Earthlink to signup or check your status?

ronmm

11-02-2007 19:41:07

[quoteb9fa51bb79="kidd2108"]Whats your ISP? Did you use Aol or Aol Browser or Earthlink to signup or check your status?[/quoteb9fa51bb79]

kidd2108's sig shows "PayPal Verified email==Gillespie4491@bellsouth.netGillespie4491@bellsouth.net=Gillespie4491@bellsouth.netGillespie4491@bellsouth.net/email" so probably bellsouth.

moviemadnessman

11-02-2007 23:54:37

I haven't encountered this personally, but if you are on a larger network when you sign up (such as a college network), then it might be possible that the change in your IP address might get used by someone else, since I think they change about once a week.

So, if someone else signs up from your campus or workplace, then it should read them as being on the same network, therefore violating the TOS of many freebie sites.

As I said though, I've not had this happen, so it is only a guess.

aphipher

12-02-2007 04:21:52

One more thing I am also paypal verified email==phiphera@bellsouth.netphiphera@bellsouth.net=phiphera@bellsouth.netphiphera@bellsouth.net/email

would this have anything to do with this situation. Are there more of us that is using bellsouth as a provider?

aphipher

12-02-2007 15:11:53

This just in from e-mail

> From <contact>
> Date 2007/02/12 Mon AM 064829 EST
> To <phiphera>
> Subject Re Re closed account
>
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for contacting us!
>
> Your account was created and pursued from the same location as
> JMGillespie2001@lilililililili. As stipulated by our terms and conditions, only one
> account may pursued from each household/location.
>
> J.C.
> Account Services
> Transcendent Innovations
> www.trainn.org

My location in Shorter, Alabama I only know that JMGilliespe is in South Carolina.

stueybaby17

12-02-2007 19:52:52

[quote76400e8ec0="moviemadnessman"]I haven't encountered this personally, but if you are on a larger network when you sign up (such as a college network), then it might be possible that the change in your IP address might get used by someone else, since I think they change about once a week.

So, if someone else signs up from your campus or workplace, then it should read them as being on the same network, therefore violating the TOS of many freebie sites.

As I said though, I've not had this happen, so it is only a guess.[/quote76400e8ec0]

That depends on the college. Where I am at you register a computer on the network and a specific IP is associated with that computer from anywhere on the network. So nomatter where you take the computer on campus you have the same IP. That way they can monitor your bandwith and other stuff. The IP address stays the same for 1 semester. After that semester it is deleted and for the next semester it must be re-registered.

stueybaby17

12-02-2007 19:55:41

[quote3c38b074f1="aphipher"]This just in from e-mail

> From <contact>
> Date 2007/02/12 Mon AM 064829 EST
> To <phiphera>
> Subject Re Re closed account
>
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for contacting us!
>
> Your account was created and pursued from the same location as
> JMGillespie2001@lilililililili. As stipulated by our terms and conditions, only one
> account may pursued from each household/location.
>
> J.C.
> Account Services
> Transcendent Innovations
> www.trainn.org

My location in Shorter, Alabama I only know that JMGilliespe is in South Carolina.[/quote3c38b074f1]

I've had that problem about two years ago on my first trainn site. However it wasn't my account that had been from the same IP. It was two of my refs. They were related to me told me they would help me do it. Each did it from their own homes, using their own PCs and did different offers. But apparantly had the same IP???

Sometimes it just doesn't make sense.

moviemadnessman

12-02-2007 21:38:44

[quoteeb1daa399d="stueybaby17"][quoteeb1daa399d="moviemadnessman"]I haven't encountered this personally, but if you are on a larger network when you sign up (such as a college network), then it might be possible that the change in your IP address might get used by someone else, since I think they change about once a week.

As I said though, I've not had this happen, so it is only a guess.[/quoteeb1daa399d]

That depends on the college. Where I am at you register a computer on the network and a specific IP is associated with that computer from anywhere on the network. So nomatter where you take the computer on campus you have the same IP. That way they can monitor your bandwith and other stuff. The IP address stays the same for 1 semester. After that semester it is deleted and for the next semester it must be re-registered.[/quoteeb1daa399d]

Yeah. But if it changes each semester, then it does lend to a possibility for a possible account clash. I've never encountered it, however, and the possibility is low, but it does exist.

stueybaby17

13-02-2007 17:38:12

[quote5b785a58b6="moviemadnessman"][quote5b785a58b6="stueybaby17"][quote5b785a58b6="moviemadnessman"]I haven't encountered this personally, but if you are on a larger network when you sign up (such as a college network), then it might be possible that the change in your IP address might get used by someone else, since I think they change about once a week.

As I said though, I've not had this happen, so it is only a guess.[/quote5b785a58b6]

That depends on the college. Where I am at you register a computer on the network and a specific IP is associated with that computer from anywhere on the network. So nomatter where you take the computer on campus you have the same IP. That way they can monitor your bandwith and other stuff. The IP address stays the same for 1 semester. After that semester it is deleted and for the next semester it must be re-registered.[/quote5b785a58b6]

Yeah. But if it changes each semester, then it does lend to a possibility for a possible account clash. I've never encountered it, however, and the possibility is low, but it does exist.[/quote5b785a58b6]

Oh yeah, wow that was dumb of me not to think of that.

moviemadnessman

13-02-2007 17:41:22

[quote4e4a2c6cb7="stueybaby17"][quote4e4a2c6cb7="moviemadnessman"][quote4e4a2c6cb7="stueybaby17"][quote4e4a2c6cb7="moviemadnessman"]I haven't encountered this personally, but if you are on a larger network when you sign up (such as a college network), then it might be possible that the change in your IP address might get used by someone else, since I think they change about once a week.

As I said though, I've not had this happen, so it is only a guess.[/quote4e4a2c6cb7]

That depends on the college. Where I am at you register a computer on the network and a specific IP is associated with that computer from anywhere on the network. So nomatter where you take the computer on campus you have the same IP. That way they can monitor your bandwith and other stuff. The IP address stays the same for 1 semester. After that semester it is deleted and for the next semester it must be re-registered.[/quote4e4a2c6cb7]

Yeah. But if it changes each semester, then it does lend to a possibility for a possible account clash. I've never encountered it, however, and the possibility is low, but it does exist.[/quote4e4a2c6cb7]

Oh yeah, wow that was dumb of me not to think of that.[/quote4e4a2c6cb7]

Like I said, though, I would think the possibility of that situation happening to be very low.

stueybaby17

13-02-2007 17:43:59

I dont feel like quoting all the but I guess you are right. Although I've had a bunch of my friends here sign up for these sites. So right now I'm polluting the pool.

JGillespie433

14-02-2007 16:44:12

I don't understand why Trainn is saying that we are from the same location. As is listed I do have a bellsouth address. This is my regular account & where my Paypal is verified from. It is email==Gillespie4491@bellsouth.netGillespie4491@bellsouth.net=Gillespie4491@bellsouth.netGillespie4491@bellsouth.net/email

But I use email==JMGillespie2001@yahoo.comJMGillespie2001@yahoo.com=JMGillespie2001@yahoo.comJMGillespie2001@yahoo.com/email for my "free Ipods" deals. I do live in SC & I am NOT a college student ) This is my home computer & no one uses it but me.. I thought someone might be trying to scam me when they first e-mailed me.. I don't know what is going on..

My computer hard drive went down Monday morning & I just got it back from the shop this afternoon. That is why I am slow in replying..

Jane