Please explain "Red"

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=53600

Keepitez

09-02-2007 18:59:21

Ok - I'm really confused and I'm hoping someone will explain this.
I've been notified by Zeroprice Tags that I'm on Hold (Red).
I have emailed back and forth with them trying to get this straightened out. They say that I have about 6 IP addresses???
I'm not sure what that means, but I do know that this is a Private PC and Wide Open West is my internet provider. I sign on through IE, Firefox or AOL. I cleared cookies cnstantly during the site because they were piling up like crazy. Could this have anything to do with anything??
Zero pretty much said that they are putting "you guys" on Hold.
I am not "you guys" - I am just me! I don't understand this whole mess and I am starting to get very very discouraged about this whole thing so I am hoping that someone could tell me how to fix this situation. Should I call my IP and ask them if they have me sharing IP addresses??
I would appreciate any and all suggestions on how to handle this.

Thanks for reading )

condra

09-02-2007 19:04:14

well if you use 3 different applications to surf the internet AoL, IE and Firefox, this can be seen as different IP for the AOL one i think.

so i guess that is the problem. i am not sure what you can do to fix it, but you can oppen a support ticket and explain to the site or you can contack jkirk here....

TFOAF

09-02-2007 19:14:52

[quote2a44726978="condra"]well if you use 3 different applications to surf the internet AoL, IE and Firefox, this can be seen as different IP for the AOL one i think.

so i guess that is the problem. i am not sure what you can do to fix it, but you can oppen a support ticket and explain to the site or you can contack jkirk here....[/quote2a44726978]
Your browser has nothing to do with an IP address. lol.

AOL is his main source of internet access, I assume, therefore, he has a different IP address like every 5 minutes, it's not his fault. It's AOL's fault.

Do you use AOL as your Internet Service Provider?

Keepitez

09-02-2007 20:40:10

Yes, I am signed into AOL. The site sent me to another site called whatismyip.com and I did see that when I was on AOL, it changed yet when I was on IE or Firefox - it stayed the same. So I spose that is definately the problem.

The question is - How can I possibly fix this? Will all the sites I signed up for and greened on - put me on hold? ?

Can I ever resign and green again with any of these sites?

Is my newfound career over before it starts?!

and why on earth do the sites hide this information in Terms Of Service?
Why wouldn't they put it in Red on the darn front page - No AOL!

Geez, this is soooo frustrating.

p.s. I appreciate your responses - Thank you

laurelwm

10-02-2007 13:19:19

If you have to sign on with AOL (if you use dial-up, for example), minimize it ASAP and use Internet Explorer or Firefox before you go anywhere. I would also recommend opening a support ticket with the site(s) and explaining right away, so they don't think you're scamming. You may or may not be able to salvage the sites you've done through AOL.

But there are lots of sites available, so even if you have to scrap the ones you've done (sigh....) there should be others you can still do. Hopefully you can work it out with the bigger networks.

Laurel

synix

10-02-2007 13:42:51

im guessin its that you've been deleting cookies..you have a dynamic ip that keeps changing so to them you're a unique person each time. Support ticket is your best bet otherwise move on to a different site. I suggest going with sites that are popular and have a good rating especially the sites which have staff members coming to fipg regularly. ex trainn. That way you can discuss your case with them and get a better explanation than from support tickets.

dmorris68

10-02-2007 14:13:07

Yes, open a support ticket and explain that you're an AOL user. AOL routes you through different proxies for nearly every web hit you make. I'm surprised they can't tell this themselves and deal with it, as it's nothing new. I can see just by looking at the IP's you're posting from that you're coming through an AOL proxy.

Bear in mind that some freebie sites specifically forbid access via AOL, and state so in their Terms & Conditions. If they state as much and you didn't read them, then it's really your own fault. However if they do not state it there, then they really should listen to reason and help you out. They cannot rely on a prohibition against "proxies" as most AOL users don't even know what a proxy is, let alone the fact that they have no choice nor control over doing so. As I've explained to other site owners, not all proxies are "bad" and many cannot be avoided due to certain ISP configurations. Site owners really need to understand how different ISP's work and decide which ones to not allow, and specify that very clearly in their terms. Otherwise they get a black eye and set an unfairly poor example for other freebie sites.

Keepitez

11-02-2007 10:10:31

I've gone red now on 2 different sites and now I'm sure it's because I have been using AOL when I signed up for offers. Plus I have been clearing cookies constantly (because I was afraid I wouldn't get credited).

I am sooo bummed because I believed that I was doing Everything the right way and I went at this full force so I have completed lots of greens and now i'm being denied, yet my home mailbox is filled up daily with the offers that I have filled out. So if the Offers went through, I surely don't know why that I am being denied my credits. This has turned out to be such a mess!

DO NOT USE AOL should be plastered all over the darn front pages of these sites instead of hidden in the fine print of the TOS.

aphipher

11-02-2007 16:50:55

I have also gone red on 2 different sites and have been told by one of my initiators that when she inquired on my red/hold account it's because I am using a proxy. I am a dial-up user through bellsouth and I to am afraid of losing my rep in here. I have also been clearing my cookies like it states in the rules. What else do I do? I have contacted some of my initiators and let them know what is going on just in case they see me go green then my account is put on hold. I have sent pm's to trainn to let them know what I am getting and asked for help.

Just waiting now.

Sstaceyrae21

15-04-2007 11:23:56

Dial up should not be a problem if your ISP does not use a proxy. Mine does not. I have the same IP address everytime and have done multiple sites without an issue. You just need to call them and verify that they do not use a proxy I believe.

laurelwm

16-04-2007 04:47:04

[quote6ae9c56181="Keepitez"]
I've been notified by Zeroprice Tags that I'm on Hold (Red).
I have emailed back and forth with them trying to get this straightened out. They say that I have about 6 IP addresses???
I sign on through IE, Firefox or AOL. [/quote6ae9c56181]

ZeroPriceTags specifically forbids AOL in their TOS, as do a lot of other networks. My daughter currently has AOL and the only networks we have been able to find that allow it are Trainn, 123StuffForFree, and v-bux.

Laurel

shawng31

16-04-2007 10:17:51

yeah im sorry to hear that.. that sux.. i use yahoo and have never had a problem.. maybe you should look into yahoo.. i dunno.. i dunno much about proxies.. dont even know that that means really ).. but i have always heard since starting that using aol is not recommended so im glad i use yahoo.. not a shameless plug for yahoo mind you ;).. just an idea )

Shawn