Could this be a scam?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=53395

Zolie's Mom

06-02-2007 05:51:04

Hi-

Kind of new at this, but have completed a few successful trades for greens.

I have been working with one person on two specific trades. Although I followed both the links that I was given in the trade module-- the received is claiming that she did not receive the referrals. When I contacted both the sites they claim that someone else received the referrals on the offers I completed. One of the sites even sent me the referrals number, which is not the one I thought I was working with and it's not mine either.

This could be an honest mistake on either my part or on the receivers end-- but is seems a bit fishy since it has happened twice with the same person. Could this be a scam?

Would appreciate some insight-- Thanks

d11m

06-02-2007 06:48:13

you can try opening a support ticket and asking the site if you are in fact under the person that referred you
if they say you are, your referrer is lying

laurelwm

08-02-2007 03:21:07

For the record, I have support ticket responses from both sites stating that she is signed up under a different user, and I have support from 3604Free looking into the issue.

lilililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililili
support from 3604Free (email deleted by me for Zolie's Mom's privacy)

Ticket #561437 laurel martinez
Submitted at 231210 on 2007-02-02

My friend sign up using my link with the email address lilililililililililili . On her account, she is showing as having completed her offer, but she doesn't show up on my referral list at all, not even the email address. Please look into where this referral ended up, and how, and let me know.

Thanks,
Laurel

support wrote
Submitted at 055313 on 2007-02-05

They were not referred by your account, they were referred by 3708621.

lililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililili
on Gaming.CustomOrderThis (again, email removed by me)

On 02/02/07, 1014 PM CST, you wrote

"My friend signed up using my link with the email address lililililililililili . On her account, it is showing that she has completed her offer, but she doesn't show up on my account at all, not even the email address. Please check where this referral went to and why, and let me know. Thanks.
Laurel Martinez"

On 02/02/07, 1025 PM CST, CustomOrderThis Support wrote

"She is signed up as a referral for someone else. "

lilililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililili

I don't know what else to do....... I am not scamming anyone, but I have checked the link several times and it is correct as posted in the Trade Module. Anyone else have any suggestions????

Laurel

csullivan1@rochester.rr.c

08-02-2007 06:32:08

[quoteaa32879d8b="laurelwm"]For the record, I have support ticket responses from both sites stating that she is signed up under a different user, and I have support from 3604Free looking into the issue.

lilililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililili
support from 3604Free (email deleted by me for Zolie's Mom's privacy)

Ticket #561437 laurel martinez
Submitted at 231210 on 2007-02-02

My friend sign up using my link with the email address lilililililililililili . On her account, she is showing as having completed her offer, but she doesn't show up on my referral list at all, not even the email address. Please look into where this referral ended up, and how, and let me know.

Thanks,
Laurel

support wrote
Submitted at 055313 on 2007-02-05

They were not referred by your account, they were referred by 3708621.

lililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililili
on Gaming.CustomOrderThis (again, email removed by me)

On 02/02/07, 1014 PM CST, you wrote

"My friend signed up using my link with the email address lililililililililili . On her account, it is showing that she has completed her offer, but she doesn't show up on my account at all, not even the email address. Please check where this referral went to and why, and let me know. Thanks.
Laurel Martinez"

On 02/02/07, 1025 PM CST, CustomOrderThis Support wrote

"She is signed up as a referral for someone else. "

lilililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililililili

I don't know what else to do....... I am not scamming anyone, but I have checked the link several times and it is correct as posted in the Trade Module. Anyone else have any suggestions????

Laurel[/quoteaa32879d8b]

I laurel,
I have a suggestion = ). I have transposed two of the numbers in a referral link (before I got smart enough to copy paste the link instead of typing it in) and I contacted the site and had my referral contact the site, and admin on the site was able to put my referral under me instead of whoever he/she signed up under. I also sent a friend the link to the site but not my referral link, as I believe he was just going to be checking the site out, and he thought it was my referral link so he signed up. Again I contacted admin and was able to get him placed under me as my referral. I'm not sure what sites you two are trading for, but my advice would be to contact admin, have your referral contact admin, and request that your referral be placed under you. It shouldn't matter to the site who the referral is placed under as they are going to get paid regardless = ). Hope this helps.
Casey

laurelwm

08-02-2007 07:18:37

I don't know the referral number for Gaming.COT, as they would not tell me, but the one on 3604Free is not even close to my number (plus, I ALWAYS copy and paste - too easy to mess up otherwise). I am waiting to hear back from 3604Free about the matter, as it seems to me to be a problem with the site, unless someone at Zolie'sMom's house signed up before and she didn't know it. I have asked her to check with both sites about moving them, but have not heard back yet. Neither site is willing to move her on my word alone (go figure).

Thanks for the suggestions.

Laurel

jy3

08-02-2007 08:33:55

just look at your referral link. the last of it should be your ID #, at least on most sites
another way to do it is use your ref link to get to the site. dont sign up obviously, but some sites will have the ref # listed as "you are being referred by user xxx"

laurelwm

08-02-2007 15:57:29

[quote89266fa513="jy3"]just look at your referral link. the last of it should be your ID #, at least on most sites
another way to do it is use your ref link to get to the site. dont sign up obviously, but some sites will have the ref # listed as "you are being referred by user xxx"[/quote89266fa513]

I know [b89266fa513]MY referral number[/b89266fa513], just not the one she is signed up on, because Gaming.CustomOrderThis would not tell me.

Laurel

Zolie's Mom

10-02-2007 04:44:55

[quote82090e6823="laurelwm"][quote82090e6823="jy3"]just look at your referral link. the last of it should be your ID #, at least on most sites
another way to do it is use your ref link to get to the site. dont sign up obviously, but some sites will have the ref # listed as "you are being referred by user xxx"[/quote82090e6823]

I know [b82090e6823]MY referral number[/b82090e6823], just not the one she is signed up on, because Gaming.CustomOrderThis would not tell me.

Laurel[/quote82090e6823]

Laurel-

It's interesting to see that you are posting to my help message, which I only listed after I sent you an e-mail about the problem and never heard back from you on it.
I would like to solve this probelm as much as you, as I did spend time and money on it.
You never once mentioned contacting the sites about having the referal changed to your number, at least you weren't clear about that. As I am new to this whole business--I've never dealt with a problem like that before so I may have misunderstood what you were asking me to do. I did check with the sites and as I mentioned earlier they both told me I was signed up under someome else.
Also, am positive that no one else in my house is signed up on those sites as I am the only person working with freeipod.com.

I just wish you had contacted me first so that we could have worked through this together.

laurelwm

10-02-2007 06:50:33

[quote02a2d1f709="Zolie's Mom"]Laurel-

It's interesting to see that you are posting to my help message, which I only listed after I sent you an e-mail about the problem and never heard back from you on it.
I would like to solve this probelm as much as you, as I did spend time and money on it.
You never once mentioned contacting the sites about having the referal changed to your number, at least you weren't clear about that. As I am new to this whole business--I've never dealt with a problem like that before so I may have misunderstood what you were asking me to do. I did check with the sites and as I mentioned earlier they both told me I was signed up under someome else.
Also, am positive that no one else in my house is signed up on those sites as I am the only person working with freeipod.com.

I just wish you had contacted me first so that we could have worked through this together.[/quote02a2d1f709]

You posted first, not me. I was just stating my side of the case. I responded to all of your PMs, although there were site issues on 2-6 (see other posts about this issue) and it is possible you did not receive my PM. I have been in contact with both sites (as is apparent in the above posts), but they will only tell me a limited amount of information about your account, for privacy reasons.

I have no idea how this happened. I have completed over 20 successful trades, and the only times I have had referrals not show up on my account, it has later been proven to be [b02a2d1f709]their[/b02a2d1f709] fault. I'm sure you are an honest person, but please try to look at this from my point of view - all I have is your word that you signed up. I don't have you on my account, I don't get credit for anything. There's no way I can pay you for that.

If you want to complete these trades, [b02a2d1f709]you[/b02a2d1f709] will need to contact the sites and find out about moving the referrals - some sites will and some won't.

If you don't want to keep airing this in public, I would be glad to deal with this through PMs, if we copy to a moderator, for both of our sakes.

Laurel

Zolie's Mom

11-02-2007 05:47:08

I'm [b27fabde1df]not[/b27fabde1df] expecting to get paid since the trades were not completed successfully-- but since I'm newer at this than you-- which you pointed out, I could have used a bit more guidance on solving the problem.

Anyway, I'll contact the sites again and see if I can have the referrals moved to your number.

Also, we can continue our conversation through PM's-- but you'll have to explain to me what you mean by "copy to a moderator" as I don't know what that means.

laurelwm

11-02-2007 19:02:34

If we copy to a moderator, we get one of the moderators involved, and send them copies of the PMs we send, so neither of us can come back later and say "I didn't say that". If you don't feel that's necessary, we don't need to.

I'm sorry if you feel that I didn't give you enough guidance. I though I answered all of the questions you asked. It's hard to offer enough advice without offering too much and offending people by telling them things they already know.

Laurel

Zolie's Mom

12-02-2007 03:46:26

Here is the reply I got from gaming. com;

On 02/11/07, 0948 AM CST, you wrote

"OK- how could I have signed up as a referral for someone else when I followed the link given to my by user number 2598?
Would appreciate some answers on this as to prevent a mistake like this from happening again.
Also, is it possible to have my credit switched to user #2598?
"

On 02/11/07, 0114 PM CST, CustomOrderThis wrote

"We need the user you signed up under to allow you to switch over."

The response 3604Free.com;

Submitted at 104602 on 2007-02-11 (my request)

That is the wrong user number from which I was reffered. How could this have happened, when I followed the link given to me by user # 3719321? Is there anyway to switch my credit to the user from which I was actually refferred, which is email==LMartinez188@aol.comLMartinez188@aol.com=LMartinez188@aol.comLMartinez188@aol.com/email, user # 3719321.
Thanks

Submitted at 212301 on 2007-02-11 (there answer)

That is the referral link you used when registering for the site. There is no other way a referrer would be listed on an account.

Once an account has been created, it is not possible to change the referrer and, as a result, you will be unable to provide credit to their account.

http//www.gaming.customorderthis.com/support.php?action=view&id=682

http//www.3604free.com/system.php?ticket=561428

laurelwm

12-02-2007 06:51:59

Has Gaming.COT told you who the user is that you are signed up under?? How are you suppose to get their permission to switch when you don't know who they are???? They have already refused to tell me anything else.

And I have checked the numbers on both links several times - I don't see how it could have switched numbers without some kind of a glitch on either the Trade Module or the website........

Thanks for all your effort - please keep me updated on the progress with Gaming.COT.

Laurel