FAQ: Offer Crediting and Manual Credits, A MUST READ!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=53059

shaggz

02-02-2007 09:39:36

[bb12c2d9d99][ub12c2d9d99]Last Updated[/ub12c2d9d99] July 17th, 2007 1155AM EST[/bb12c2d9d99]

[bb12c2d9d99]Frequently Asked Questions Regarding this Topic[/sizeb12c2d9d99] [/bb12c2d9d99]

[bb12c2d9d99]Why didn't I get Credit for the offer I did?[/colorb12c2d9d99][/bb12c2d9d99]

There are [bb12c2d9d99]many[/bb12c2d9d99] factors that come into play when getting credit from an offer, some of the reasons why a credit doesn't come through could be

- You've previously done the offer before ([ub12c2d9d99]only do each offer once[/ub12c2d9d99])
- Your Cookie Settings are incorrect.
- You have Software Preventing Cookies from being placed correctly (Virus/Spyware Protection/Firewall)
- You Didn't Clear Your Cookies before doing the offer
- Your Form of Payment didn't have the necessary funds available to cover all the cost (Processing + Shipping)
[ub12c2d9d99][bb12c2d9d99] - You used a Pre-Paid Credit Card (Most Advertisers do not support these, and will revoke leads when these are used)[/bb12c2d9d99][/ub12c2d9d99]
- You traveled [bb12c2d9d99]away[/bb12c2d9d99] from the landing page that the offer click took you to
- You provided [bb12c2d9d99]fraudulent[/bb12c2d9d99] (or fake) information
- You Did not let the website load completely (make sure all pages finish loading, before closing the page)
- The publisher that the offer is run through had problems ([bb12c2d9d99]rarely the cause[/bb12c2d9d99])
- You Do NOT meet the Eligibility for the offer (Residency, Age)
- You Did NOT fulfill the requirements of the offer
(Signing up for a specific level of service, Length of Service, etc.)
- If the IP Address ([ib12c2d9d99]address given to your computer/network from your Internet Service Provider[/ib12c2d9d99]) you accessed the offer from has been credited for the offer previously on another site, this would cause a non-credit.

[bb12c2d9d99]Important Note [/bb12c2d9d99]Even if you have the confirmation email, were charged successfully, and have already received your product, if any of the above factors took place, you many not receive credit. [/colorb12c2d9d99]

[bb12c2d9d99]How Do I Find my FULL Headers in my confirmation emails?[/colorb12c2d9d99][/bb12c2d9d99]

No one will have a flawless offer crediting record, so I feel it is warranted to supply everyone with the information on [bb12c2d9d99]HOW TO[/bb12c2d9d99] get the full confirmation emails with headers which are required to apply for "Manual Credit" on any/all freebie sites when problems occur.

[bb12c2d9d99] Many people don't realize they are not seeing full headers when they are looking at an email. The basic header information with date, subject, to, from, [ub12c2d9d99]is not the full header.[/ub12c2d9d99] [/bb12c2d9d99]

Use the Information Provided HERE to view the FULL HEADERS
http//mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=22454&topic=43

After your headers are viewable, copy and paste them, and paste that in your manual credit ticket you are creating on the freebie site.

Most sites have a specific manual credit ticket system, for these purposes.

[bb12c2d9d99]TIP[/bb12c2d9d99] You MUST get the full headers, then combine the Headers collected, with the original email "body" to have a Manual Credit Sufficient email.

For offers that require more than signing up, proof of "meeting the requirements" is usually needed (like winning and paying for an auction on Bidz.com)

[/colorb12c2d9d99]

[bb12c2d9d99]How Do I Clear My Cookies?[/bb12c2d9d99][/colorb12c2d9d99]

IE6

1. Select "Tools" > "Internet Options" > "General" again.
2. Under the heading "Temporary Internet files," click on "Delete Cookies..."
3. Click "OK" for the "Delete all cookies in the Temporary Internet Files folder?" prompt.
4. Click "OK" to exit.

IE7

1. Click on "Tools" > "Internet Options" > "General" again.
2. Click the "Delete..." button.
3. Under the heading "Cookies," click on "Delete cookies..."
4. Click "Yes" for the "Delete all cookies in the Temporary Internet Files folder?" prompt.
5. Click "Close" to exit.

Firefox 1.5 or earlier

1. Open Mozilla Firefox.
2. Click on "Tools" > "Options" > "Privacy."
3. Click on "Cookies" > "Clear."
4. Select "OK" to exit.

Firefox 2.0

1. Click on "Tools" > "Options" > "Privacy."
2. Under the "Private Data" heading, click on the "Clear Now" button.
3. Click "OK" to exit.

Netscape 7.x/Mozilla - Windows

1. Within Netscape, go to Tools | Cookie Manager | Manage Stored Cookies.
2. Click Remove All Cookies.

Netscape 7.x/Mozilla - Mac

1. Within Netscape, go to Tools | Cookie Manager | Manage Stored Cookies.
2. Click Remove All Cookies.
3. Click OK.

Safari 2.x

1. Open Safari and go to Safari | Preferences.
2. Click Security.
3. Click Show Cookies.
4. Click Remove All.
[/colorb12c2d9d99]

[bb12c2d9d99]What is "the landing page"?[/bb12c2d9d99][/colorb12c2d9d99]

The landing page is where you are redirected to when you click on an offer, if you click away from this page to read a terms of service, privacy policy, or something else about the site, it could "Possibly" cause a no-credit issue, as some of the landing pages have whats called a "CREDITING Pixel" which is a small image which links to the freebie site and tells the advertiser where the lead was generated from, which in result gives that freebie site credit for your lead (this pixel is normally located on the order processed/completed page though).

It is advised to always, click the link, arrive at the landing page, and complete the offer. If you want to click around the site and read the TOS, or Privacy Policy, etc., I advise you open those in a new window (or tab), rather then browsing away from the landing page.

Note Filling out your information and clicking continue, is not leaving the landing page and will not affect anything. (It is what you're supposed to do). [/colorb12c2d9d99]

[bb12c2d9d99]What do I do if I have left the landing page and have clicked around the offer-site already?[/bb12c2d9d99][/colorb12c2d9d99]

Honestly your best option would be to close the offer page, clear your cookies, then click to open the offer-site again, and proceed accordingly.

TIP If you've visited an offer before and decided you didn't want to do it and are now about to do it, [bb12c2d9d99]CLEAR YOUR COOKIES FIRST![/bb12c2d9d99] Clearing your cookies in this situation will prevent the offer from not crediting, as well as putting a stop to the offer crediting to the WRONG Freebie Site you are pursuing (yes this does happen)

------------------------------------------------------------------

[bb12c2d9d99]Just So You Know[/bb12c2d9d99] Even if you do everything right, there are limits to the capabilities of offer tracking. If a user has viewed the same offer from different sites on the same network (123, trainn, free4me, etc.) within a short period of time, it could still credit to the wrong site. Sometimes it credits to the first site clicked, sometimes the most recent. There is no concrete explanation for this, so I will only suggest to take your time, and try to follow everything advised here in this FAQ.

dmorris68

02-02-2007 10:20:51

Some good info. Thanks shaggz!

+Karma

grndmsta

10-03-2007 06:06:39

I wanted to add, on the yahoo directions from that link from google, it says that the full headers is at the top of the message. That isn't the case! For me at least, and if you are using Internet Explorer 7, Full Headers will be at the bottom of your message! Just wanted to say that, if anyone can't figure it out...it had me irritated for awhile myself!! )

DORIGHT2ALL

10-04-2007 17:02:00

THANKS FOR THE YAHOO TIP! IT WAS DRIVING ME CRAZY!

onestepback

13-04-2007 00:10:35

Hotmail- Full Message Headers - How to view them

1. Log in to your Hotmail account.
2. Click Options on the far right same row as the tabs that say Mail, Calendar and Contacts but way over to the right.

http//i174.photobucket.com/albums/w103/onestepback49/HotmailLogincopy.jpg[" alt=""/img74361420c7]

3. Click Mail Display Settings. It is under Mail Options the second paragraph.

[img="74361420c7]http//i174.photobucket.com/albums/w103/onestepback49/hotmaildisplayoptions.jpg[" alt=""/img74361420c7]

4. Under Message Headers, select Advanced.

[img="74361420c7]http//i174.photobucket.com/albums/w103/onestepback49/Hotmailadvancedselection-1.jpg[" alt=""/img74361420c7]

Click OK.

5. The full headers for all of your messages will now be available. Return to your inbox, and open the message you'd like to view headers for.

[img="74361420c7]http//i174.photobucket.com/albums/w103/onestepback49/FullHeadersinHotmail.jpg[" alt=""/img74361420c7]

6. To copy and paste this into any document or form click here for a self demonstration http//www.webmasternow.com/copyandpaste.html

mwh2007

17-05-2007 20:48:46

[quote009efdd486="grndmsta"]I wanted to add, on the yahoo directions from that link from google, it says that the full headers is at the top of the message. That isn't the case! For me at least, and if you are using Internet Explorer 7, Full Headers will be at the bottom of your message! Just wanted to say that, if anyone can't figure it out...it had me irritated for awhile myself!! )[/quote009efdd486]

I use IE 7 and yahoo. So far my headers have all been at the top. Not sure about their new beta version though. My work monitors don't support the screen resolution, so I switched back from the beta for now.

jass63

26-07-2007 19:33:04

Hi i am a newbie ,i have a problem with log in project payday site to read the training guide tutorial therefore i canceled the registration.

But if i register using different email address with project payday,can i still using the previous log in by using the existing log in id and email to this forum which i had registered at the same time while i first registered with project pay day ?

Or i have to set up another new registration for this forum?

Please help me and thank you so much in advance.

laurelwm

27-07-2007 06:30:22

[quote1b95788c23="jass63"]Hi i am a newbie ,i have a problem with log in project payday site to read the training guide tutorial therefore i canceled the registration.

But if i register using different email address with project payday,can i still using the previous log in by using the existing log in id and email to this forum which i had registered at the same time while i first registered with project pay day ?

Or i have to set up another new registration for this forum?

Please help me and thank you so much in advance.[/quote1b95788c23]

This site is not connected to Project Payday (they just send people here). If you cancel that, you can still access your account here using the information you signed up with.

And while I'm at it - Welcome to FiPG (the abbreviation for this forum). We're glad to have you and hope you will have an enjoyable and profitable time here. If you would like any advice, helpful hints, etc, etc, feel free to send me a PM (the equivalent of an email) and I'll be glad to help you with whatever you need to get started. It can seem confusing at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's a lot of fun.

Laurel