Time to wait for referrals?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=51681

PeterGriffin1Fan

17-01-2007 08:55:33

I don't like to consider myself a newbie but I'm definitely not an expert at this site but I do have a question regarding referral patience...

I have a couple pending greens on sites with some newbies. I have one that signed up about one month ago, another one two weeks ago, and another about 10 days ago. I realize that credit can sometimes take a while but at the same time, I've PMed them for an update and they haven't returned my PMs. So my question is...

How long should I wait for these people before I put in a formal complaint to get the mods involved? Is there an actual rule on that or is it our discretion?

PeterGriffin1Fan

18-01-2007 10:30:57

Can anyone help?

zr2152

18-01-2007 10:33:09

did you pay them yet? Or are you just waiting for your greens?

PeterGriffin1Fan

18-01-2007 13:01:33

I've paid for the referral that I've been waiting the longest for (about 5-6 weeks ago) but haven't paid the other two. (between 10-14 days ago)

kidd2108

18-01-2007 13:13:30

I have the same problem. Im doing about 3 sites and in all of them i have about 2-3 people that are taking forever to green.

On another site once they do green and have to wait for approval, I have about 4 people that never cameback to get paid. roll

PeterGriffin1Fan

18-01-2007 13:28:37

Yes but the people who you're waiting to go green have been in contact right? The people I'm talking about haven't been in contact for at least a week. Is there a specific amount of time that you wait for before you move on?

PeterGriffin1Fan

19-01-2007 13:50:43

Still need help? Can anybody give me a definitive answer on this???

Sorry, I'm impatient...

CorpRebel

19-01-2007 15:52:26

[quotefc04adeb50="PeterGriffin1Fan"]Still need help? Can anybody give me a definitive answer on this???

Sorry, I'm impatient...[/quotefc04adeb50]

Hey Peter!

Excellent question you have raised. I'd like some guidance on this issue also. I guess no one can give a definitive answer. I'm getting ready to start doing it too.

I'm just gonna set up my own rules and run them by one of the Moderators and see what they think.

Personally, I think that if the interested parties cannot at least sign up for the site thru my link within 24 hours then the deal should be cancelled. And IF they DO sign up for the particular site within 24 hours then I think that one week is MORE than enough time to get a "green"! I'm actually still thinking about a 3 day limit to green. After that I would cancel the trade. Obviously they must NOT be interested anymore. wink

I would also request that they keep in touch in case there are any issues. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask them to do so. They all need to understand that the quicker things are done the quicker EVERYONE gets paid!

MY 3 centz anyway ...

Rick aka CorpRebel 8)

csullivan1@rochester.rr.c

19-01-2007 21:52:02

[quote73b6df0588="CorpRebel"][quote73b6df0588="PeterGriffin1Fan"]Still need help? Can anybody give me a definitive answer on this???

Sorry, I'm impatient...[/quote73b6df0588]

Hey Peter!

Excellent question you have raised. I'd like some guidance on this issue also. I guess no one can give a definitive answer. I'm getting ready to start doing it too.

I'm just gonna set up my own rules and run them by one of the Moderators and see what they think.

Personally, I think that if the interested parties cannot at least sign up for the site thru my link within 24 hours then the deal should be cancelled. And IF they DO sign up for the particular site within 24 hours then I think that one week is MORE than enough time to get a "green"! I'm actually still thinking about a 3 day limit to green. After that I would cancel the trade. Obviously they must NOT be interested anymore. wink

I would also request that they keep in touch in case there are any issues. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask them to do so. They all need to understand that the quicker things are done the quicker EVERYONE gets paid!

MY 3 centz anyway ...

Rick aka CorpRebel 8)[/quote73b6df0588]
I dont' think you can set a time frame on how fast your referrals go green because some of the offers take more than three days to credit. And with the problem that seems to be growing as far as offers being credited, it takes more than three days for a referral to request and be approved for manual credit. I DO SUPPORT THE IDEA THAT REFERRALS NEED TO KEEP IN TOUCH!! I have a few on a couple of my sites that signed up three or more days ago and haven't even read my PM's let alone responded to them. In that case, I think that there should be a time frame on how long a referral has to respond to PM's before the trade can be cancelled. For some reason I think there's already a rule about this wink I believe I will go look for it right now!

CorpRebel

20-01-2007 08:13:10

[quotecde7472512="csullivan1@rochester.rr.c"] DO SUPPORT THE IDEA THAT REFERRALS NEED TO KEEP IN TOUCH!! I have a few on a couple of my sites that signed up three or more days ago and haven't even read my PM's let alone responded to them. In that case, I think that there should be a time frame on how long a referral has to respond to PM's before the trade can be cancelled.[/quotecde7472512]

That's definitely the "KEY". But I see now that the FiPG Trade Rules allow for 14 days. A week should be plenty of time for someone to get back with the person that they are involved in a trade with. I'm curious as to why they give 14 days. ?

BUT ... Rules are Rules! I'll definitely abide by them.

[quotecde7472512]For some reason I think there's already a rule about this wink I believe I will go look for it right now![/quotecde7472512]

I stand corrected ... Thanx!

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=8376

"Trading Rules--

a. We strongly recommend using the Trade Module for all aspects of trading (once you have an agreement). Remember to ALWAYS verify a trader's forum name by having them send you a PM before you engage in trading over another medium, such as AIM or MSN. You should also save AIM or MSN conversations somewhere such as the Notes area.

b. Unless otherwise agreed upon, the trade record found in every user's profile and in every user's post is the deciding factor if there is any question as to who should 'go first'. Whoever has the lower TR is expected to finish his side first. THIS IS A GUIDELINE. EACH TRADE MAY OR MAY NOT FOLLOW THIS RULE EXACTLY. YOU ARE FREE TO TRADE ON YOUR OWN TERMS, BUT YOU WILL ONLY RECEIVE A TRADE RECORD POINT IF YOU FOLLOW OUR RULES.

c. If you have tried to contact (PM, AIM/MSN and E-mail) a member that you're in a trade with but they have failed to respond to you for 14 days then you have the right to cancel your trade together. A cancelled trade is only such after these three conditions have been met

~1.) You Have tried to contact the other member through either PM's, AIM/MSN or E-mail AT LEAST once every 7 dayslili
~2.) You have received no response at all for 14 days straight, and
~3.) You have PM'ed the other trader after 14 days and explained to them that you're cancelling your trade due to their lack of communication and will be looking elsewhere for your greens/money.

liliYou cannot contact someone (as an example) on day 13 and 14 and assume the trade to be cancelled after the 14th day. You must contact the other trader once within the first 7 days of a trade and again between days 8 and 14 of the trade.

You cannot assume that a trade is cancelled just because you haven't heard from the other trader after 14 days. If we find you to have cancelled a trade and not met the above conditions, you will be subject to your initial trade agreement and refusal to do so will result in Trade Module limitations, your TR being dropped to -1, accounts being placed on hold and banned from this forum.

We will find out if you try to deceive us in your trading partners lack of communication and the above punishments will also apply.

If your Trading Partner notifies you that they'll be away from the forum for a certain period of time, this time is not part of the "14 day, lack of communication" period."

gcabello

21-01-2007 10:14:45

I have also read the rules and assume that this lack of communication cancellation also includes traders that have gone yellow on your site but have not gone green. i bring this up because what if they are ignoring you and not reading your pm's then go green one month later.
I don't want them to get mad because they don't get paid and try to report you to the forum. If this were the case what documentation do we need to keep to present to the forum or are they able to see from their side the attempts and final cancellation email that is sent.

I am a newbie myself and was surprised by the attitude that was present towards newbies but, now i understand why this was so.

In the mean time i am stating in my pm's when setting up the trade that my expectations are that they complete the trade as soon as possible. i also put a note in there that i have the right to cancel the trade after 2 weeks on non communication from them according to forum rules.

This might turn off some traders but if they are serious about trading it should not affect them and if they don't want to do the trade because of this then you probably didn't want them in the first place.

CorpRebel

21-01-2007 10:29:55

[quoteb3362da047="gcabello"]I have also read the rules and assume that this lack of communication cancellation also includes traders that have gone yellow on your site but have not gone green. i bring this up because what if they are ignoring you and not reading your pm's then go green one month later.

I don't want them to get mad because they don't get paid and try to report you to the forum. If this were the case what documentation do we need to keep to present to the forum or are they able to see from their side the attempts and final cancellation email that is sent.[/quoteb3362da047]

That's a GOOD question ... I'd like some clarification on this myself.

[quoteb3362da047]I am a newbie myself and was surprised by the attitude that was present towards newbies but, now i understand why this was so.[/quoteb3362da047]

Yeah ... It makes sense when you start actually doing this yourself and see the issues one encounters. But, I made sure that I watch the threads in this forum (and others) so I could understand what's going on before I jumped in.

[quoteb3362da047]In the mean time i am stating in my pm's when setting up the trade that my expectations are that they complete the trade as soon as possible. i also put a note in there that i have the right to cancel the trade after 2 weeks on non communication from them according to forum rules.

This might turn off some traders but if they are serious about trading it should not affect them and if they don't want to do the trade because of this then you probably didn't want them in the first place.[/quoteb3362da047]

Yeah ... You'd think that ALL parties would want to do their part quickly as possible as it will help everyone get paid so much quicker.

Oh Well ...

Rick aka CorpRebel 8)

gcabello

22-01-2007 10:59:48

I have another question. Once you send the non com email after the 14th day how much time do you give them to respond? Also, after it has been determined that the trade is cancelled do you mark the trade module as other out of contact or do you delete the trade. and before you do this do you have to get approval from an admin. or mod.?

I was hoping a mod would jump in and help us with these questions D

thanks

george

gcabello

25-01-2007 01:16:40

hello

hehehhehe

25-01-2007 17:46:44

Well, the PM you send on the 14th day is pretty much telling them you're deleting the trade so it should be ok to delete the trade the next day. And no, you don't need to get approval to do so given you've followed the very detailed rules they've set.

As for how long you wait for them to green, it's up to you to be reasonable. You can't cancel the trade if someone doesn't green in 3 days. People do offers and they don't credit instantly sometimes so they need some extra time. You have to take into account how long they have to wait before they can request manual credit, and how long the site takes for that request to go through. Once someone does an offer, I'd say you'd have to wait at least a month.

For a TRAINN site, you have to wait 7 days to request manual credit, plus 10 business days which TRAINN says is their manual crediting time. That's potentially 21 days right there. I'm waiting on someone right now who has signed up almost a month ago.