IP Address?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=51420

ice77ice

13-01-2007 14:33:24

I've noticed that a lot of the sites have warnings about fraud, IP addresses, accessing your account on a friend's computer, etc.

I do a lot of traveling, using my same laptop computer on various wireless connections as I travel around. Does anyone know if this might cause any red flags with my accounts? I could stick to doing "business" when I'm at home on the same IP address, but this would really limit my activity. Are those warnings more of a threat to discourage scammers, or should I actually heed them?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

compuguru

13-01-2007 17:20:54

[quote5709fd604a="ice77ice"]I've noticed that a lot of the sites have warnings about fraud, IP addresses, accessing your account on a friend's computer, etc.

I do a lot of traveling, using my same laptop computer on various wireless connections as I travel around. Does anyone know if this might cause any red flags with my accounts? I could stick to doing "business" when I'm at home on the same IP address, but this would really limit my activity. Are those warnings more of a threat to discourage scammers, or should I actually heed them?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks![/quote5709fd604a]
It really depends on the site. Some will put you on hold if you log in using an IP that someone else had, others won't. Then there's the risk if someone else used that IP address or wireless connection to conect to the the same site. To be safe, I would recommend you do things at your home only.

JennyWren

14-01-2007 02:27:05

Do you have a computer which is permanently at home? What I do when away is run TightVNC on one of my home systems so I can log into it remotely to check my accounts.

Either that or I leave one of my Linux systems on, log into it from a Putty or another Linux system and run Firefox remotely.

dhru1405

14-01-2007 10:01:34

i usually use logmein.com