VERY NEWBIE and old

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=51393

mickie

13-01-2007 04:56:33

oops Hi all!! I just joined, like, yesterday, I'm 49 years old, and I just don't understand any of this! I get you talk to people and get points? for doing things for them, I don't understand how this works EXACTLY!
I've read and reread step 1 because that's what Im interested in doing until I get the hang of things. But I just need some help the 1st couple times, someone to walk me thru it, til I understand everything.
I'm really not stoopid or senile!!! I had a head injury several years ago, it's hard for me to get? new things until I've done them a couple times!!! Thanx

dupebag

13-01-2007 10:35:16

just look at the steps
its not called freeipodguide.com for nothing

akalic

13-01-2007 13:13:56

wow 49...and you're depending on freebies? yeesh..
but yea basically all you need is to sign up for a site, and get x amount of referrals (which dont' come free).

KeithA

13-01-2007 13:26:03

[quote639a8ad373="akalic"]wow 49...and you're depending on freebies? yeesh..
but yea basically all you need is to sign up for a site, and get x amount of referrals (which dont' come free).[/quote639a8ad373]

See you in a week. Anybody else makes a similar comment and you'll be permanently banned.

mickie

13-01-2007 18:32:04

evil
HEY - all I did was ask for some help, not get critisized. I'm doin' this for my mad $$$
I'm not doin' it to pay off my car or bookie! Thanx anyways

KeithA

14-01-2007 09:19:32

mickie, please excuse akalic's idiocy and stick around. if you still have questions after lurking for a while, we'll be happy to explain things further.

dhru1405

14-01-2007 09:58:47

[quote3a49a9da6b="mickie"]oops Hi all!! I just joined, like, yesterday, I'm 49 years old, and I just don't understand any of this! I get you talk to people and get points? for doing things for them, I don't understand how this works EXACTLY!
I've read and reread step 1 because that's what Im interested in doing until I get the hang of things. But I just need some help the 1st couple times, someone to walk me thru it, til I understand everything.
I'm really not stoopid or senile!!! I had a head injury several years ago, it's hard for me to get? new things until I've done them a couple times!!! Thanx[/quote3a49a9da6b]

hi mickie. if u need help getting used to trades and stuff, PM me i will personally teach u about the great trade module. i might even actually trade to u for real lol.

mickie

14-01-2007 14:49:06

?

Thanx! I'm not real sure on what im to use - I use yahoo it's the only one I have on my puter - AOL kinda PO'd me, so I deleted them outta my life! I'll gladly re-download
any im service to get help from you guys!! Thanx alot again!!
I read in the trades section yesterday but like I said I'm not sure how to im people -
which service who uses what - but I am really interested in getting started and
getting some experience ( & $$$$ ) under my belt, so to speak!!!!

dhru1405

14-01-2007 18:27:56

u can contact me on yahoo or aim. aim is dhruv1405. yahoo is dhru1405

dianaizme1

20-02-2007 20:32:12

Hi Mickie Just saw your post for help and couldn't stop laughing. No, not making fun of you. But, U C, I am 60! Grandmother, mother, wifey. I'll betcha there R a LOT of senior citizens around here. I just read a lot to try to absorb as much as I can. When zee 'ole memory won't absorb, I print out the rules, info, etc. and paste the dern thing right in front of me nose. I am making some progress. Making some cash, lots of mistakes. But, ya gotta make mistakes to learn - right?! The rules state we can't "walk anyone thru" a trade. But, when U read a lot, go to various sites, e.g. this one, you'll get the "hang" of it. Or just make a lot of mistakes like I do, so, you'll learn. Right? Naaa, just get out there and you'll be o.k. with hands-on experience. Hope I was helpful to ya. )...Diana

stueybaby17

20-02-2007 20:45:33

I don't see what is wrong that people had to post insults. I've done trades with some of the older folks of the forums and I'll tell you what they might make some mistakes but they at least try a lot harder to fix them then a lot of the younger people.

PM me anytime and I'll help you out. I usually give newbs i deal with my standard newbie guide to trading and completing offers. It doens't have everything, but it has a lot and it's all in one place. Most people think it's pretty helpfull.

If you want that just PM me. It might help you understand whats going on a little easier.

laurelwm

21-02-2007 04:47:32

Hey, I'm 41, and I love it here. Mickie, Diana, anybody else with questions or wants advice, feel free to PM me. I haven't been here "forever" like a few, but with a TR of 35 (with about 30 more in process), I think I've done enough to have the hang of it. I enjoy helping new people like a couple of great traders helped me when I got started, so feel free.......

Laurel

PS If you have not read the rules and guidelines yet, that's a great place to start. Also, there is a great Trade Module Tutorial on the Trade Module page - I highly recommend it !!

DIABLO

21-02-2007 06:58:55

Hey, if you ever need help you can contact me on AIM, it's an IM service from AOL. You can download it here www.aim.com, then you need to make a screename, which is easy and if you used to use AOL you probably know how, there is a link to "Get a Screename" right next to the download button on www.aim.com. Then you can log in with the program whenever you start it up and IM whoever you want. If you see a topic saying somebody is paying money for a site, and you want to take that offer and do the site and get paid, go down to the bottom of the post they made and click "pm" to message them via the forums, or if they have "aim", you can do that and it will open a window with a conversation with them in AIM all ready to go.

My screename is MJSupportJohn if you ever need any help with anything, or you can always PM me )

Here is the basic trading process

You reply to a trader's topic asking for referrals.
You sign up with his referral link.
You complete 1 offer and wait for it to credit.
Once it is credited he will pay you the amount stated in his topic.

It gets very easy once you do it a few times, so don't worry if you're confused, just ask for some help )

dmorris68

21-02-2007 07:36:41

Speaking as another semi-old-timer (and a grandpa too) I for one welcome our more mature members. Just ignore the impudent kids we have running around here, they often speak/type before they think (if they ever think). And I pretty much long ago gave up on manners with today's internet generation. They just don't teach 'em like they used to... (

doylnea

21-02-2007 08:38:17

[quote73866d44a2="KeithA"][quote73866d44a2="akalic"]wow 49...and you're depending on freebies? yeesh..
but yea basically all you need is to sign up for a site, and get x amount of referrals (which dont' come free).[/quote73866d44a2]

See you in a week. Anybody else makes a similar comment and you'll be permanently banned.[/quote73866d44a2]

That's actually about the 3rd time akalic has been banned for being rude. Enjoy a month off instead akalic.

TryinToGetPaid

21-02-2007 08:53:09

Nice move doylnea.

And mickie if you need any help at all, do not be afraid to ask. Do not let one rotten apple make you think the whole bundle is rotten as well.

laurelwm

21-02-2007 09:39:46

[quotea9f50a183d="DIABLO"]Here is the basic trading process

You reply to a trader's topic asking for referrals.
You sign up with his referral link.
You complete [ua9f50a183d][ba9f50a183d]1 offer[/ba9f50a183d][/ua9f50a183d] and wait for it to credit.
Once it is credited he will pay you the amount stated in his topic.

It gets very easy once you do it a few times, so don't worry if you're confused, just ask for some help )[/quotea9f50a183d]

Be careful, Diablo. Many sites require more than one offer for credit, or give full credit and half credit choices.

I've had several newbies not realize / understand that. If in doubt, ask before agreeing to the trade.

Laurel