How to tell what offers are at a site

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=51160

V-Bux Dave

10-01-2007 08:33:39

Okay, I'm a brand noob, and this is almost certainly a stupid question, but...

If someone posts a trade or cash for greens at site xyz.com, how can I tell what advertisers' offers xyz.com has available so that I can see if there are any I'm able/want to do before bothering the original poster? It appears that you can't get to the offers pages until you have signed up, and I don't want to sign up until I make the trade, right?

Thanks for your patience.

KeithA

10-01-2007 09:07:00

You should feel free to ask the person seeking to trade for that site. She should be willing to PM you with a list of offers, or, even more helpfully, could post them in her public trading thread.

johnjimjones

10-01-2007 09:39:11

It's not a very comprehensive list of offers on all of the sites, but all the big sites are there http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=44256

pjmma

13-01-2007 11:43:22

I'm brand new to this as well. Just wondering if it's possible to tell what the cost requirement would be (ie, shipping & handling) BEFORE completing the offer? I have read that sometimes someone will be paying $20 to complete and offer that will cost you $25 to complete.

Also am I correct in understanding that you can do multiple offers on the same site, as long as each offer is different?

Thanks for the help I've been reading stuff here for hours, but the old brain just can't assimilate everything all at once )

KeithA

13-01-2007 12:52:21

You cannot have multiple accounts for a single site, so unless it's a site where you get credit for completing your own offers, you probably can't complete more than one offer for a given site.

Generally speaking, you can't complete an offer or a site more than once.

pjmma

13-01-2007 14:58:05

Thanks for the reply Keith.
If you're completing offers for cash, don't you end up running out of sites that you can do pretty quickly then? I was kind of under the impression that this was something you could do relatively steadily...

KeithA

13-01-2007 14:59:29

[quote44e9f944b2="pjmma"]Thanks for the reply Keith.
If you're completing offers for cash, don't you end up running out of sites that you can do pretty quickly then? I was kind of under the impression that this was something you could do relatively steadily...[/quote44e9f944b2]

After a certain point, many people pay for referrals instead of trading for them. Plus, new offers become available periodically.

pjmma

13-01-2007 15:37:37

[quotec96cf0d99f]After a certain point, many people pay for referrals instead of trading for them. Plus, new offers become available periodically.[/quotec96cf0d99f]

Thanks again Keith!
One more quick one and I'll leave you alone. wink

When you start paying for referrals, how do you make money doing that? Do you have to just sell the stuff on eBay?

KeithA

13-01-2007 15:42:39

Many sites today offer custom orders and payments via PayPal.

pjmma

13-01-2007 15:53:58

[quote334db1c5f5="KeithA"]Many sites today offer custom orders and payments via PayPal.[/quote334db1c5f5]

Even though I now have a question on how custom orders and payments via PayPal work with these sites oops, I promised to leave you alone after the last one!
Perhaps if/when you have the time you could refer me to a link that explains those basics. I've read and reread the Forum Rules, Newbie stuff, etc., but haven't found a really concise explanation of many of the thing I see throughout the site.
You're a great help. Sorry to be such a pain ?

KeithA

13-01-2007 16:01:51

Visit a site like http//www.youripodnano4free.com/[]http//www.youripodnano4free.com/ and you'll see that $250 PayPal is one of their gift options.

You could select that option, then advertise at FiPG that you would pay a certain amount (probably somewhere in the range of $15-$30) for each referral. Then other users would sign up under your referral link and complete offers for you.

Once all of your referrals' offers "greened" (i.e. credit was received), you would submit your account for approval. If your account was approved, you'd get $250.

The profit margins tend to be a little narrower when you pay for referrals instead of trading for them, but it requires less effort on your part since you don't have to complete any offers yourself.

I'm glad to hear that you've read all of our FAQs and guides. If you're still having questions, I'd suggest spending a few hours browsing The Trading Post, the Brag Bag, and the Help sections. And don't hesitate to keep asking questions here.

pjmma

13-01-2007 16:20:46

[quote9b56f01199]I'm glad to hear that you've read all of our FAQs and guides. If you're still having questions, I'd suggest spending a few hours browsing The Trading Post, the Brag Bag, and the Help sections. And don't hesitate to keep asking questions here.[/quote9b56f01199]

Thanks Keith! As I said, you are really great help!

Indeed I have been reading, practically all day. It seems the more I read, the more questions I have! wink

Thanks for making me feel welcome and comfortable asking questions. As such, I will go for one or two more!

The term "Special Order" (if offered) implies that I can choose to receive the monetary value for the selected gift after the referrals are all completed? That's cool.

A quick couple of other terms I am hoping you can clarify. I see Freepay sites and DIY sites mentioned quite often, but I'm not sure how they differ from the mainline free sites.

KeithA

13-01-2007 16:49:51

[quote273867edba="pjmma"][quote273867edba]I'm glad to hear that you've read all of our FAQs and guides. If you're still having questions, I'd suggest spending a few hours browsing The Trading Post, the Brag Bag, and the Help sections. And don't hesitate to keep asking questions here.[/quote273867edba]

Thanks Keith! As I said, you are really great help!

Indeed I have been reading, practically all day. It seems the more I read, the more questions I have! wink

Thanks for making me feel welcome and comfortable asking questions. As such, I will go for one or two more!

The term "Special Order" (if offered) implies that I can choose to receive the monetary value for the selected gift after the referrals are all completed? That's cool.

A quick couple of other terms I am hoping you can clarify. I see Freepay sites and DIY sites mentioned quite often, but I'm not sure how they differ from the mainline free sites.[/quote273867edba]

You're pretty close about custom orders. Some of the smaller (but still legit) networks will actually arrange to buy a gift of your choosing and send it to you as long as it's of comparable value.

Freepay is actually one of the "mainline" free sites; in fact, it helped popularize incentive sites and used to be one of the fairest and most reliable operators. Unfortunately, they grew a little too quickly and have implemented some changes that make it much more difficult for users to complete their requirements. As a result, they're not as popular anymore. (See their site rating by clicking the link at the top of your page.)

DIY stands for "do-it-yourself." Instead of getting referrals to complete offers for you, these sites allow you to complete trial offers--you guessed it--yourself. I've never completed a DIY site myself, but we have a whole section here

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewforum.php?f=51[]http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewforum.php?f=51

pjmma

13-01-2007 17:16:58

Getting these definitions of basics does help. Even though there is a DIY forum here, I couldn't really any real definition of it (as simple as it is!)

One last for tonight, I promise!

[b6272908b18]Just wondering Are there people out there doing this for a full time income?[/b6272908b18]