technical question

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=50936

ksadowy

06-01-2007 23:31:05

okay.. i admit i'm a newbie.... and i'm not sure of how to setup my security software for this stuff. I use IE7 (7.0.5730.11) and zonealarm security suite.. fully updated.

Do I need to allow any cookies? I am hessitant to allow all cookies, but i don't mind allowing certain cookies as long as i know what they are for.

also would these cookies be for "freeipodguide.com" or do i need to set an exception for all sites that i want o be a part of?

thanks for any help you can provide

WhyPayItsFree

07-01-2007 04:03:36

You MUST allow cookies when doing offers. Allow ALL sites, later on you can delete it if you want to.

The tracking depends on the cookies, if you don't accept it, the offer will most likely not credit.

Since you can login, it seems you have enabled it or the blocker is not working correctly.

jy3

07-01-2007 05:43:24

something u could do is to allow cookies and delete them afterwards, as mentioned above. you could always scan your HD and delete any data miners and what not with any of the free software that is out there. cookies are more benign than other things you should worry about

ksadowy

07-01-2007 16:48:24

ya that's true... cookies shouldn't be harmful... unless a hacker gets in and steals the info in the cookies... but i'm using zonealarm provided by my ISP and i've never had a problem, so i think i'm good

phriq

07-01-2007 18:58:35

you may also (just for cleansing and security purposes) google spybot search and destroy, and ad-aware. they are both excellent freeware that finds spyware and adware on your computer that could be harmful. the other thing i would recomend is changing your browser from IE7 to mozilla firefox. It A LOT more secure then IE and will very much help gaurd you from viruses, and AVG is a free anti virus that you should look up too. AVG and Firefox are also both free spyware that you should easily be able to google.

ksadowy

09-01-2007 17:02:04

[quotec1e6e05218="phriq"]you may also (just for cleansing and security purposes) google spybot search and destroy, and ad-aware. they are both excellent freeware that finds spyware and adware on your computer that could be harmful. the other thing i would recomend is changing your browser from IE7 to mozilla firefox. It A LOT more secure then IE and will very much help gaurd you from viruses, and AVG is a free anti virus that you should look up too. AVG and Firefox are also both free spyware that you should easily be able to google.[/quotec1e6e05218]
Thanks for the tips.. but i'm already running both adaware and spybot, although they never catch anything cuz my zonealarm security suite catches it all D and ya i like firefox, but i'm just running IE7 to see if it's any good. Besides the tabbed browsing, i don't like it. x
Again, AVG is good too, but since i got zonealarm free, with a 25 year license, might as well use it.